X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el_ote View Post

First WIWT... don't be too brutal.
    The shirt sleeves look a little long. I have nearly that exact shirt, just opposite thickness of stripes.

Comment

They are a bit long. My first decent shirts were 32-33 and I now know they are way too small. I bought this with a blue and also a stripped blue. I need to find a decent tailor in my area since I've only recently become addicted to clothes.
      Edit: I bought the stripped shirt because as I started looking around at styles I liked, I saw the show gotham and absolutely love the shirts Gordon wears. This shirt is nice, but the hunt continues.

Comment

They are a bit long. My first decent shirts were 32-33 and I now know they are way too small. I bought this with a blue and also a stripped blue. I need to find a decent tailor in my area since I've only recently become addicted to clothes.
        Edit: I bought the stripped shirt because as I started looking around at styles I liked, I saw the show gotham and absolutely love the shirts Gordon wears. This shirt is nice, but the hunt continues.
        Besides Gotham, Lisa Padovani also did a lot of the wardrobe on Boardwalk Empire and some of Mad Men. I think she worked on Oz too... I want to say Adebisi's hat. I feel sort of nerdy knowing that, but... yea, the Gordon shirts are brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFeeny View Post
          This week:

Casual Friday:
          Something about the quarter zip over a shirt and tie seems off- personally would have gone for v-neck to match the formality.

Comment

First WIWT... don't be too brutal.
            That's a lot of LaserJet 4200n's. I'd mix it up with a Canon, maybe a Ricoh.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
              Something about the quarter zip over a shirt and tie seems off- personally would have gone for v-neck to match the formality.
              I agree. I think practicality and fashion can co-exist. You should not sacrifice one for the other. By wearing a quarter-zip over a tie you're rendering the zipper useless, and pretty much turning it into a v-neck anyway.

Comment

You'd never know it was winter by what I am wearing today lol

http://imgur.com/zwdmDJi

shirt: J Crew OCBD
                shorts: J Crew, 10.5" Club Short, Chambray (wore these last WIWT, that's embarrassing )
                shoes: Olukai Nui (received as a Christmas present and they are awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by stungray View Post
                  I agree. I think practicality and fashion can co-exist. You should not sacrifice one for the other. By wearing a quarter-zip over a tie you're rendering the zipper useless, and pretty much turning it into a v-neck anyway.
                  I'll cast the dissenting vote. I like the quarter-zip plus tie look, and occasionally wear it myself.

As for the reduced functionality, I didn't realize anyone ever zips the collar on those. I thought the zipper was an aesthetic addition masquerading as a functional one--kind of like the bottom button on a sport coat.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
                    I'll cast the dissenting vote. I like the quarter-zip plus tie look, and occasionally wear it myself.

As for the reduced functionality, I didn't realize anyone ever zips the collar on those. I thought the zipper was an aesthetic addition masquerading as a functional one--kind of like the bottom button on a sport coat.
                    I think there is a difference between the casual wear and hiking gear version of the quarter-zip garment: one looks weird unless unzipped, the other is meant to be zipped.

Edit: I would also compare to the storm flaps on a leather overcoat. Like you are about to need to close the storm flaps on something that would get wrecked in a real storm.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post

I can see the fabric type maybe having more to do with that look than the actual style itself, like a dark merino or cashmere?

With you on the zipper thing, though. Basically a more unfortunate looking turtleneck at that point (tactleneck, anyone?).

Comment

Good eye stungray. Those are some of our extra printers. Had to sneak out to do a selfie. Not to comfortable with email yet

Comment

I can see the fabric type maybe having more to do with that look than the actual style itself, like a dark merino or cashmere?

With you on the zipper thing, though. Basically a more unfortunate looking turtleneck at that point (tactleneck, anyone?).
                          I have six tactlenecks. Three in black and three in slightly darker black.

Comment

Good eye stungray. Those are some of our extra printers. Had to sneak out to do a selfie. Not to comfortable with email yet
                            As a teacher, seeing so many printers in one place makes me both excited and extremely nervous.

Comment

WIWT

First WIWT post, I realized after I got dressed that everything I was wearing was from banana republic which I thought was kinda funny so I thought I'd share some pics. Tell me what you think

Trench coat - BR
                              Merino v-neck- BR
                              Shirt- BR
                              Pants- BR
                              Shoes- BR
                              Watch- Skagen

Comment

Finally cold here in the deep south. And ... it looks like it's time to clean this mirror.

Jacket - Ralph Lauren
                                Sweater - Polo
                                Shirt - Polo
                                Chinos - JCrew
                                Socks - J Crew
                                Shoes - Bass
                                Watch - Rolex GMT II

Comment

Working...
                                X