Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suit: Suitsupply Washington (e-thrifted for $175 shipped)
    Vest: Suitsupply
    Tie: Berg and Berg
    Pocket Square: Gagliardi (these are a steal at about $15 USD a piece and free shipping)
    Shirt: Kamakura
    Last edited by thecharlesg; January 7, 2016, 02:17 PM.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Suit - CG (Summit chalk stripe)
      Tie - CG(?)
      Shirt - Macy's
      Shoes - 6pm (Mezlan Hubert)
      Socks - Nordstrom (L. Uomo)

I'm thinking Macy's shirt not sized as marked.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post

Suit - CG (Summit chalk stripe)
        Tie - CG(?)
        Shirt - Macy's
        Shoes - 6pm (Mezlan Hubert)
        Socks - Nordstrom (L. Uomo)

I'm thinking Macy's shirt not sized as marked.
        CG fits you well. I like everything but the socks and french cuffs. I especially dislike the socks. Pinstripes are a little too conservative to wear with silly socks, IMHO. But in all seriousness, everything else looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
          It's getting too cold for this overcoat:

I'm more jealous that you can grow a beard.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            CG fits you well. I like everything but the socks and french cuffs. I especially dislike the socks. But in all seriousness, everything else looks good.
            Yea, I don't know what to wear these socks with. I bought tan, light tan, charcoal, heather grey... and I had to get another pair to get the clearance deal. I probably should have picked brown.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGuest View Post
              Obviously, to each his own, but from a style standpoint the solution isn't to have a visible undershirt beneath your button up. Trim the chest hair to a reasonable length or rock it like Magnum P.I. Either is a more finished and stylish option than the crewneck undershirt.

I'm curious if others disagree. IMO, this one seems like a more universally agreed upon move.
              I sympathize as this is an issue I had to struggle with, and I think it is an easy thing to feel self conscious about.

I agree that from a style stand point the crew neck undershirt isn't the solution, but it is ubiquitous and honestly most people you meet in the real world aren't necessarily going to think twice about it.

I used to trim the chest hair back, but not anymore. Now I just rock it.

Comment

Pocket Square: Gagliardi (these are a steal at about $15 USD a piece and free shipping)
                There is a lot going on here but I applaud your efforts at pattern mixing because I'm not so bold. I'd lose the vest at least, and maybe dull out the square also, but I realize that goes against your intended look entirely. Maybe just nix the square altogether then in this look or opt for a solid tie?

Edit: just realized this was for the FC. Then damn, good work. I don't own any vests. Also, your square looks nice, I may buy something from them tonight!
                Last edited by LosRockets; January 7, 2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

That tie looks real nice -- I was looking at some of the repp stripe ones on sale, very tempting.

Comment

IMHO, I think it's probably the best fit [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] has posted. I don't have any issues with the tie or PS. I'd be more concerned about the herringbone in the jacket right up against the plaid, but I actually think the bold, puffed up PS, combined with the peak lapels and collared vest, make the whole look rather dandy which makes it work. A bold effort for sure, but I give it a thumbs up. Kind of like something AAS on SF would wear; something I find visually interesting to look at, but would never dare to wear myself.

Edit: Ahhh...just realized this was for the SF challenge as well. I don't think I could ever pull off a vest, even in a 3-piece. But damn, some of those dudes on SF can dress. They make the odd vest look effortless.
                    Last edited by connersw; January 7, 2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] [MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] thanks. I bought the vest over a month ago and thought the challenge was a good excuse to wear it. Now it will probably go back in the closet for a long time.

Comment

I personally think the texture of the vest really pops with the combination. I could see it not being an everyday thing, though.

Comment

TGIF!

Jacket/Chinos: Gap
                          Shirt: BR
                          Tie: JCrew
                          Bar: Simon's
                          Square: thrifted
                          5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

This week:

Casual Friday:

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                              TGIF!

Jacket/Chinos: Gap
                              Shirt: BR
                              Tie: JCrew
                              Bar: Simon's
                              Square: thrifted
                              Nice.