• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Tie: Burberry
    Shirt: MTM
    Jacket: Hugo Boss

What are your thoughts/experiences with Burberry ties?

Comment

Originally posted by blueburp View Post
      Cold today.

Shirt: Brooks brothers
      Sweater: Club room
      Pants: Suit supply
      Shoes: Allen Edmonds
      Coat: Schott
      Nice first post.

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
      What are your thoughts/experiences with Burberry ties?
      Not worth the price even though I got it on sale. Just no body in the tie and the silk is very thin. I bought three for my groomsman and kept 1 for myself and now I feel bad for giving them the ties though they probably like that it is Burberry as they are not into #menswear.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        Nice first post.

Not worth the price even though I got it on sale. Just no body in the tie and the silk is very thin. I bought three for my groomsman and kept 1 for myself and now I feel bad for giving them the ties though they probably like that it is Burberry as they are not into #menswear.
        The thing about Burberry, is that everyone knows its Burberry. A lot of guy who aren't into menswear like wearing bands that are distinguishable as being expensive. For those of us who make it a hobby, we realize money can't buy style.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
          NYE spent in with the family=comfort before all else.

Gustin T
          JCF shawl collar sweatshirt
          JCF selvedge
          Jordan's
          Seiko SNK809
          Blanton's

Nice choice on the bourbon - really nice bottle.
          And I have that same rice cooker.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
            The thing about Burberry, is that everyone knows its Burberry. A lot of guy who aren't into menswear like wearing bands that are distinguishable as being expensive. For those of us who make it a hobby, we realize money can't buy style.
            I notice this a lot. Usually when I'm around people like that and the conversation turns to menswear for whatever reason, (usually either them mentioning the brands of clothing they are wearing or complementing me on my own clothing) I take the opportunity to mention things about my own clothing, such as how cheap I got it on sale, or how versatile or useful something is. I don't do it to show off or anything, just to try and show that style isn't just about expensive brands.

Comment

Not the greatest pic but snapped it quickly at work. What do y'all think about the sleeves on this JCrew Factory Thompson? Just had it tailored and can't decide if I think they went too short on the sleeves.

Comment

[MENTION=10802]DapperDukes[/MENTION] - I agree the jacket sleeves are a little short and your shirt sleeves are a touch too long but I never alter my shirt sleeve length as I can fit OTR pretty easily. I try to show a sliver to half and inch of shirt sleeve when wearing a jacket but you have a solid inch plus showing.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDukes View Post
                  Not the greatest pic but snapped it quickly at work. What do y'all think about the sleeves on this JCrew Factory Thompson? Just had it tailored and can't decide if I think they went too short on the sleeves.

Just button the second button of the shirt and it'll prevent it from extending its full length - temporary solution for now.
                  5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by blueburp View Post

Cold today.

Shirt: Brooks brothers
                    Sweater: Club room
                    Pants: Suit supply
                    Shoes: Allen Edmonds
                    Coat: Schott
                    Good first post! Welcome to the board!
                    Personally, I'd like to show a little bit edge of my shirt when wearing a sweater.
                    Also, know your go-to inseam with regards to dress pants - be it full break, half or none at all.
                    Yours right now is a tad too long.

Comment

Did you supply the measurements, or did the tailor actually pin you? Did you also have the waist taken in? If the tailor actually pinned you, I would take it back and have it fixed. The sleeves do look a tad too short, and it also looks a bit too tight in the waist (could just be the way you are holding your arms).

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                        Did you supply the measurements, or did the tailor actually pin you? Did you also have the waist taken in? If the tailor actually pinned you, I would take it back and have it fixed. The sleeves do look a tad too short, and it also looks a bit too tight in the waist (could just be the way you are holding your arms).
                        They pinned me. The waist I'm okay with - I think it's just the picture making it look tight. I need to have a pair of pants hemmed so I'll get them to fix the sleeves when I take them in this week. Thanks for the input.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                          Good first post! Welcome to the board!
                          Personally, I'd like to show a little bit edge of my shirt when wearing a sweater.
                          Also, know your go-to inseam with regards to dress pants - be it full break, half or none at all.
                          Yours right now is a tad too long.
                          Thanks!

Actually the pants are at the proper length and just barely touch the show in front it's just that while the rise on the pant is high it doesn't go above the widest part of my hips and has a tendency to slide down slightly when I move about. I can't get a smaller waist size without muffin topping. [emoji29]

While I think showing some shirt can look good, I'm not the biggest fan of it.
                          Last edited by blueburp; January 7, 2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

They pinned me. The waist I'm okay with - I think it's just the picture making it look tight. I need to have a pair of pants hemmed so I'll get them to fix the sleeves when I take them in this week. Thanks for the input.
                            Also ask about the chest. In your picture, it looks like there is a fold on the right side which looks odd but I am not sure how to correct this or if it is just because you arm is up. JCF may just not work perfectly for you but you may be satisfied with the fit.

Comment

^^^ Yep. That's what made me think they might have gone a bit overboard in tightening up the waist. Bunching/bagging in the chest, then the start of the dreaded X at the button. Letting the waist back out slightly would let everything hang and drape more evenly.

Bending your arm to take a selfie like that can make any jacket do crazy things though, so seeing it with the arms down would give a better indication. It's also a JCF so it will never hang perfectly.

Comment

It's getting too cold for this overcoat:

Comment

Working...
                                X