This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpark View Post
    My last brown cords fell apart. I consistently find cords don't hold up well, unfortunately, so I only buy cheaper cords now.
    I thought I was the only one.

Comment

I think that would be my only hesitation with cords. Since I'm often called out of the office to do field work on short notice I wear the crap out of my pants. Because of that I pretty much only wear jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
        I thought I was the only one.
        They always die the same way die jeans for me, the crotch wears out, especially at the reinforced point at the bottom of the fly. But unlike jeans that give me years of wear before dying, I normally only get a couple of seasons out of a pair of cords if I'm wearing them frequently. I sometimes end up donating jeans because I've had them for years and no longer like the style. I think I've only donated one pair of cords ever, and those I basically just never wore.

I assume the fabric is just less durable. It's annoying that cords cost basically the same as jeans but last maybe a third or even a fourth as long.

Comment

WIWT

Casual New Year's Eve at work with no one around.

Jacket: Filson (amazing and generous Xmas gift from girlfriend)
          Shirt: JCF OCBD
          Sweater: Bonobos merino cardigan
          Belt: Orion
          Pants: Gap slim Lived-in chinos
          Shoes: J. Crew Kenton Pacer boots

Excuse the crew neck t-shirt. Turns out all my v-neck undershirts are dirty so I guess it's laundry day.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] [MENTION=6764]thedrake[/MENTION]

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...7530/07530.jsp

The pair I'm wearing is the "Belgian Chocolate" color. Decent sizing selection, marked down, and the code SHOPNOW takes 40% off. Not sure if "770" is the fit y'all wear though, works for me because it's slim but has room in the thighs.

Comment

I suck at cell-phone-tography, but here goes nothing.

I'm with a crew who wanted to do a black/red/grey theme for New Year's festivities.

Hat: Walmart
              Jacket: Irvine Park
              Sweater: Croft & Barrow
              Shirt: Stafford
              Pants: Gap
              Shoes: Nunn Bush
              Watch: Fossil

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySnow626 View Post
                I suck at cell-phone-tography, but here goes nothing.

I'm with a crew who wanted to do a black/red/grey theme for New Year's festivities.

Hat: Walmart
                Jacket: Irvine Park
                Sweater: Croft & Barrow
                Shirt: Stafford
                Pants: Gap
                Shoes: Nunn Bush
                Watch: Fossil
                If you take a better shot, you could submit this to the end of the year Grand Sunday Challenge palooza.

Comment

NYE spent in with the family=comfort before all else.

Gustin T
                  JCF shawl collar sweatshirt
                  JCF selvedge
                  Jordan's
                  Seiko SNK809
                  Blanton's

Comment

Happy New Year!

5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

A little awkward taking a picture of my chest with a buttoned jacket on but my outfit from last night.

Jacket: J Crew
                      Shirt: Modern Tailor (I wouldn't recommend anybody get shirts from them)
                      Tie: Amazon
                      Pocket Square/Tie Bar: Sprezzabox
                      Pants (not seen): Dark Gustin Jeans
                      Shoes (not seen): Stafford Deacon (the perfect dress up without worrying about ruining your shoes boot)

Comment

Corduroy jacket looks sharp. Been meaning to get that one myself.

Tongue-in-cheek reply to my brother's questioning of my interest in American "workwear" despite not doing any work in it:

Jacket: Filson Cover Cloth Mile Marker
                        Jeans: J. Crew Wallace & Barnes Cone selvedge
                        Boots: Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison

Comment

What I wore yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/E5db6F9.jpg?1

Shirt: Iron Heart
                          Denim: Indigogene
                          Boots: Alden
                          Watch: Orient
                          Watch Strap: Gustin

Comment

Heres my second post to this thread, I did get the collar stays, it did make a big difference, what do you guys think? I wore this out on New Years Eve to dinner with my gf.
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            Gray Sports Coat: Ralph Lauren
                            White Dress Shirt: Calvin Klein
                            Skinny Jeans:American Eagle
                            Black Belt
                            Black Shoes: Calvin Klein
                            Watch: Bulova

Comment

Can't see much except the jacket, which seems to fit a little big. Either a size too big, or it's your size just in a big and tall since it looks like your arm could fit into that sleeve twice.

Comment

Originally posted by zoanemesis View Post
                                what do you guys think?
                                Jacket is at least a size too big, possibly more. Too big in the shoulders (divots and shoulder rumpling), chest, and waist, and as [MENTION=14986]stungray[/MENTION] mentioned, huge in the sleeve width.

Same goes with the sleeve width of the shirt. If it has two buttons next to each other on the cuff, you should button the second one to make them tighter. You should only be able to tightly fit one finger inside your shirt sleeve cuff. You have a rather large watch on, and it looks like you could still fit two fingers plus the watch. You can't really tell with a jacket or sweater on, but the shirt may possibly be too big too so that is causing the problem.

It is hard to judge sleeve length the way you are holding your hands, but in both your fit pics, you are showing too much shirt sleeve. You should only have 1/4" to 1/2" of the cuff showing.

Also, can't see the shoes or belt, but I would go brown with denim and grey blazer. Not black.

Comment

Working...
                                X