This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
    Good casual look. If I were to offer one piece of advice it would regard your collar. If I don't wear an OCBD with a sweater, I feel magnetic collar stays are a must. This is personal opinion, but I really don't like the collar going crazy and sticking out from the sweater like a leisure suit or something. YMMV. Solid look, nonetheless (hope to see more from you).
    Reminds me a little too much of Ellen DeGeneres with the collar coming out of the sweater. Definitely a very popular look in the lesbian community.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

The stupid collar looked like crap inside the sweater, but I did order those magnetic things last week, they should be coming in this week def gunna start using them with the collar inside the sweater from now on.

Comment

I'll make this easy for yall, v neck: both ocbd and point or semi spread collars work, crew neck: ocbd only. For all of the above, keep the collar within the neck hole.

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
          !!! That's awesome!
          Great pic, and grateful to finally know where the jacket came from. I was thinking maybe it was made by Kroon since they're all over STP and have similar styling/detailing, but thanks for clearing it up.

Overall it's worn well over the years for me for being relatively inexpensive. Have you found that other Lands End jackets fit similarly in sizing and tailoring?
          I haven't tried too many of them but their Tailored fit Blazers should fit similar to that and one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
            Good casual look. If I were to offer one piece of advice it would regard your collar. If I don't wear an OCBD with a sweater, I feel magnetic collar stays are a must. This is personal opinion, but I really don't like the collar going crazy and sticking out from the sweater like a leisure suit or something. YMMV. Solid look, nonetheless (hope to see more from you).
            Agree. First thing I thought was that this needs magnetic collar stays.

Comment

First post on this forum, been following Dappered for a while now though. This was before heading to a bowl game party. Keeping it casual and warm as it's finally starting to get "cold" down here in Texas. Not really into the fashion selfie thing just looking for feedback and tips.

Jacket: JCrew
              Thermal Henley: American Eagle
              Cords: JCrew
              Belt (not visible): RL Outlet
              Shoes: Clarks Bushacre 2 in Dark Brown
              Watch: Orient Ray on C&B NATO

Comment

Couple weeks ago, I decided to wear my point-collar red/white/black check shirt with a v-neck gray sweater. When I put on the sweater, I saw that the collars were awkwardly protruding out of the sweater (I don't dig this look!) so I kinda DIY something.

On the white part of the check shirt, I sew a white thread such that it sticks with the base of the collar and that method prevents it from sticking out of the sweater. Also made it not too tight as not to look too obvious, so there's still some play with the collar even though it is already attached via a single thread.

It's not a permanent solution but it works!

@topic:

SC: Daniel Hetcher
                Shirt/Merino sweater: H&M
                Trousers: TopMan
                Shoes: Aldo
                Watch: Fossil
                Square: thrifted
                Last edited by AsianDapper; December 30, 2015, 02:09 PM.
                5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Yet another snowy day at the office.

US-made Spiewak peacoat (eBay), J.Crew sweater, LE shirt, LEC chinos, Schnee's boots
                  Ben

Comment

I've been following Dappered for a while but this is my debut here on the forums. Never really been into the whole fashion selfie thing, but I'm trying out for the sake of getting advice and tips. I tried to post this yesterday but it didn't work so I'm trying again. It would've been "WIWT" but now it's "WIWY". Anyways I wore this to a casual barbecue lunch and later to a party to watch Baylor play in their bowl game. It's finally getting cold here in Texas.

Jacket: JCrew
                    Thermal Henley: American Eagle
                    Cords: JCrew
                    Belt: RL
                    Shoes: Clarks Bushacre 2
                    Watch: Orient Ray on C&B NATO strap

Comment

Great look, welcome to the forums

Comment

Some solid fits on this page and welcome to the forums [MENTION=14958]Pelennor[/MENTION] !

Comment

And now I want a pair of brown cords.

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                            Second that. Great look, [MENTION=14958]Pelennor[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by thedrake View Post
                              I'd venture to say that if you own one pair of cords. a brown like that (or maaayybe a tan) would be the way to go. I've been searching for a good pair to (re-)add to the fall/winter wardrobe...

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                                I'd venture to say that if you own one pair of cords. a brown like that (or maaayybe a tan) would be the way to go. I've been searching for a good pair to (re-)add to the fall/winter wardrobe...
                                Brown, definitely brown. Gray can also be good. Tan looks too much like mom dressed you for school. It's much harder to wear well.

My last brown cords fell apart. I consistently find cords don't hold up well, unfortunately, so I only buy cheaper cords now.

Comment

Working...
                                X