Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] I'm really digging whole outfit, particularly the vest and pocket square. I love the texture the vest brings, and the pop of color/pattern in the pocket square.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercer View Post

Vineyard Vines button-down
      Levi's 505 jeans
      Dickies belt
      Woolrich ragg wool socks (unseen)
      Red Wing 875 boots (brand new)
      Mercer - I'd trade the crewneck undershirt for a v-neck. The boots look cool. How do you like them?

Comment

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
        Mercer - I'd trade the crewneck undershirt for a v-neck.
        I appreciate what you're saying; however, I have a patch of chest hair up there which I'd rather not show off.

Originally posted by nodeal View Post
        The boots look cool. How do you like them?
        Thank you! I love 'em! They were a belated birthday present to myself -- even wore them out of the store. Red Wing Heritage boots, regardless of model, take a while to break in, and I'm not yet at that point. But I really like the way they look -- so much so that I hate to take them off!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercer View Post
          I appreciate what you're saying; however, I have a patch of chest hair up there which I'd rather not show off.
          Obviously, to each his own, but from a style standpoint the solution isn't to have a visible undershirt beneath your button up. Trim the chest hair to a reasonable length or rock it like Magnum P.I. Either is a more finished and stylish option than the crewneck undershirt.

I'm curious if others disagree. IMO, this one seems like a more universally agreed upon move.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGuest View Post
            Obviously, to each his own, but from a style standpoint the solution isn't to have a visible undershirt beneath your button up. Trim the chest hair to a reasonable length or rock it like Magnum P.I. Either is a more finished and stylish option than the crewneck undershirt.

I'm curious if others disagree. IMO, this one seems like a more universally agreed upon move.
            Most guys I've seen who wear crewneck undershirts have no qualms about wearing them under a button-down. Of course, it's entirely possible that it would indicate that most guys don't know anything about proper fashion either.

Comment

Casual Christmas brunch and then hanging around the house.

Flannel shirt from LL Bean, belt from Saddleback, cords from Bonobos, boots are Red Wing IR 8119's. Hoodie is Flint and Tinder via Huckberry (Xmas gift), t-shirt is from Target Merona, jeans are Gustin.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGuest View Post

V neck would look better. Embrace the chest hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post

Casual Christmas brunch and then hanging around the house.

Flannel shirt from LL Bean, belt from Saddleback, cords from Bonobos, boots are Red Wing IR 8119's. Hoodie is Flint and Tinder via Huckberry (Xmas gift), t-shirt is from Target Merona, jeans are Gustin.

Great Flannel shirt and great colors
                  Eat what is good for your health but
                  Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Ready for boxing day at the in laws.

Jacket: Gant - the tweed hunter
                    Sweater: Made by monkeys merino will
                    Chinos: Spier & Mackay
                    Shirt: Spier & Mackay OCBD
                    Watch: Orient
                    Gloves: No brand deer leather
                    Boots: Sanders Cheltenham

Comment

Nice kbaskim. That jacket looks very good. Any more shots of it?

Comment

Thank you, [MENTION=7445]Emmet[/MENTION], I donĀ“t have any more pictures at the moment, but you can check it out here: http://www.gant.com/mens-coats/brown...er-jacket/1336

Comment

Hey so this is my first post in WIWT. Went out today with the girlfriend for lunch and a movie so I figured I would keep it nice but on the casual side. [IMG][/IMG]

Sweater: Club Room
                          Dress Shirt: Calvin Klein
                          Jeans: American Eagle Skinny
                          Watch: Bulova
                          Belt: some random reversible black belt I got at macys lol
                          Shoes: Calvin Klein

Comment

Originally posted by zoanemesis View Post
                            Hey so this is my first post in WIWT. Went out today with the girlfriend for lunch and a movie so I figured I would keep it nice but on the casual side. [IMG][/IMG]

Sweater: Club Room
                            Dress Shirt: Calvin Klein
                            Jeans: American Eagle Skinny
                            Watch: Bulova
                            Belt: some random reversible black belt I got at macys lol
                            Shoes: Calvin Klein
                            Good casual look. If I were to offer one piece of advice it would regard your collar. If I don't wear an OCBD with a sweater, I feel magnetic collar stays are a must. This is personal opinion, but I really don't like the collar going crazy and sticking out from the sweater like a leisure suit or something. YMMV. Solid look, nonetheless (hope to see more from you).

Comment

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
                              Good casual look. If I were to offer one piece of advice it would regard your collar. If I don't wear an OCBD with a sweater, I feel magnetic collar stays are a must. This is personal opinion, but I really don't like the collar going crazy and sticking out from the sweater like a leisure suit or something. YMMV. Solid look, nonetheless (hope to see more from you).
                              I was going to say the same. Get them here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301617570935...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
                                I don't normally have my collar go crazy with a v-neck, and I pretty much never wear buttons downs and definitely never wear magnetic stays. I only get this look if I intentionally pull out the collar over the sweater (which I don't do, except with the rare crew-neck sweater because I don't like the crushed collar look). Maybe my v-neck sweaters have smaller "necks" so they catch the collar better? Doesn't look like it from the picture, though.

[MENTION=14922]zoanemesis[/MENTION], does your collar pop out like that by itself or did you go for that look intentionally?

Comment

Working...
                                X