This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDI View Post
    Great look, I assume that's a store and not your walk-in closet....haha...
    Unfortunately it is a store and not a walk-in closet! I work at a local men's shop downtown in my college town (Southern Louisiana).

Comment

Some good looks recently, gents.

Shirt: Spier & Mackay grey OCBD
      Tie: The Tie Bar navy silk knit
      Sweater: Bonobos merino v-neck
      Watch: Longines Hydroconquest
      Pants: Gustin chinos
      Shoes: Loake Kempton suede chukkas
      Belt: Orion (not pictured)

I also have on Darn Tough hiking socks, which I didn't think were fashionable, but I just saw that J. Crew is selling "exclusive" pairs from them...?

Comment

Business casual for an interview at a tech company. I'll post the outfit I wear tomorrow for the follow up interviews as well (based around the same sportcoat).

Shoes: DSW - kenneth cole something or rather
        Chinos: Target - Haggar Slim fit
        Sweater: BR Merino wool
        Tie: Vintage from Scotland (thanks, dad)
        Blazer: J crew Ludlow in italian cotton

Comment

Pardon the subpar cellphone pic. Wore this to my son's elementary school holiday singalong.

http://s23.postimg.org/ivu1n9oh7/image.jpg

Sportcoat: JCF brown wool herringbone
          Shirt: CT in denim blue
          Jeans: Levi's 511
          Shoes: AE Strand
          Tie: The Tie Bar
          Pocket square: Target Merona cotton handkerchief

Comment

[MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] - Nice look
            ForeverGuest - Looks good! I have been looking at a shirt of similar color from S&M but haven't really been in the buying mood lately. Just the browsing. I assume the jacket is the correct sleeve length as your phone hand looks good but your other hand looks to not show any shirt sleeve. [MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION] - My TTB silk knit always loosens similar to yours in the pic. If they used a crunchier silk it wouldn't have that issue.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - Sleeves are a touch long but I haven't had time to take it to the tailor. I have like four things that need tailoring, this jacket included.

I'm not looking forward to it either. My tailor needs to redo the sleeves on the last jacket I brought in because she made them too short. She's an old, fiercely intimidating Mexican woman and I'm always afraid she's gonna yell at me

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] - Nice look
                ForeverGuest - Looks good! I have been looking at a shirt of similar color from S&M but haven't really been in the buying mood lately. Just the browsing. I assume the jacket is the correct sleeve length as your phone hand looks good but your other hand looks to not show any shirt sleeve. [MENTION=7367]Snake Doctor[/MENTION] - My TTB silk knit always loosens similar to yours in the pic. If they used a crunchier silk it wouldn't have that issue.
                Yeah I found myself having to fiddle with it throughout the day. I took that after I left work and had given up. Kind of annoying.

Comment

My outfit for the follow up interviews today -- Similar, but not TOO similar.

Shoes: Clarks Bushacre II'S
                  Chinos: Target - Haggar Slim fit
                  Sweater: BR Merino wool
                  Shirt: Macy's Bar III Slim fit
                  Blazer: J crew Ludlow in italian cotton
                  Pocket square - Target

Comment

My first post to the forum. I've been reading Dappered for awhile now - they turned me on to the Deacons I'm wearing. We've had a bit of a cold snap here in the desert southwest, a good excuse to pull out the peacoat and do some layering.

Charcoal peacoat - Jos. A. Bank ($25 thrift store purchase)
                    Gray Merino Sweater - Apt. 9
                    Blue OCBD - Stafford ($10 thrift store purchase)
                    Gray/Red plaid wool scarf - gift
                    Dark rinse jeans - Hollister slim straight
                    Brown brogue wingtip boots - Stafford Deacons
                    Brown/Black reversible belt - JCPenney
                    Gray boot socks - Dockers
                    Dark wooden bead bracelet - Etsy (Paper Poppy)
                    Apple Watch Gray Sport - Color face (Midnight Blue)

Thanks!

--Mark

Comment

[MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] - I like both your interview looks, but especially the follow-up look for today. Best of luck!

--Mark

Comment

[MENTION=14925]gnuhaus[/MENTION] thanks so much!

Solid ensemble BTW, I'm a big fan of the pop of color that the scarf provides.

Comment

Blue today....

JC shirt and jacket, thrifted tie and tie bar, LEC chinos, Kiel James Patrick belt, PRL boots.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            Blue today....
                            JC shirt and jacket, thrifted tie and tie bar, LEC chinos, Kiel James Patrick belt, PRL boots.
                            Not feeling it. I think the levels of formality are mismatched on this outfit. Wrinkled chinos and suede moc-toe boots kind of work with a tweed jacket, I'll give you that. Not sold on the cotton/leather belt which reads as summery to me. But really it's the shirt and tie, which are very formal and better suited for well, a suit, and that tie especially is shiny and a pindot, which makes it excellent for eveningwear or a conservative outfit, which this is not. Would have gone with an OCBD sans tie if your workplace allowed it, or again an OCBD with a wool striped tie or a knit tie if a tie was necessary.
                            @Danny - I like both recent outfits. Is that BR Merino V neck black? I wouldn't do black sweaters w/ khaki pants but that's my only complaint. [MENTION=14925]gnuhaus[/MENTION] - nice first look, welcome!
                            @SnakeDoctor - returned that OCBD because I wasn't sure how I'd wear it. Nice job incorporating it with bright colors

Comment

Sweater - JCF
                              Shirt - J.Crew
                              Cords - J.Crew
                              Boots - Alden

Comment

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] -- the BR V's are in dark grey (day 1) and true navy blue (day 2). I try to shy away from solid black in my wardrobe altogether.

Comment

Working...
                                X