Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - Yes, while the rest of the country has been having record warmth we have been getting hit with major snow every week.
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

[MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] Has that Uniqlo coat been a good value? I have been eyeing it but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. It doesn't get too cold here (North Carolina) but I travel up north a good bit and was looking for a cost effective coat.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
        [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] Has that Uniqlo coat been a good value? I have been eyeing it but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. It doesn't get too cold here (North Carolina) but I travel up north a good bit and was looking for a cost effective coat.
        Yes, the coat has been great! I wear it all winter long. It is VERY warm.

Comment

X-post from the Christmas party thread....

JCP velvet blazer, LE shirt and flannel trousers, S&M tie, PRL boots, Hamilton watch on Staib mesh bracelet
          Ben

Comment

Jacket: Thrifted
            Shirt: Spier and Mackay
            Tie: Frank & Oak
            Pocket square: Jack Spade
            Pants: Lands End
            Shoes: J Shoes
            Watch: Orient

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              JCP velvet blazer, LE shirt and flannel trousers, S&M tie, PRL boots, Hamilton watch on Staib mesh bracelet

Is that the gray glen check tie? How do you like the Spier ties?
              @DapperTexan - good look, I like that the knit tie isn't super skinny and I have that same shirt, love the texture! I'd personally have gone with a squrae that had a darker base but I understand why you chose this one for the colors. The white b/g just kind of stands out to me. [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] - big fan of the look. I have so much outerwear I barely get to use here (HTX) that it kinda makes me sad. But I've been up to the north quite a bit this fall and everytime I make that journey I remember why I love the South so much.

Comment

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] Thanks. I could wear this shirt every day and probably never complain- perfect sky blue, a little bit of texture, and very breathable fabric. The silk knit tie is a steal from Frank & Oak (I also own one in navy- got both for under $15)For the PS I generally just really think it's an attractive square, and I kinda thought that with all my grey going on it could use something lighter.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                  It is and I like it. I don't know if I have the most refined taste in ties, as most of mine are either thrifted or knits, but I do like the knot this one makes with a double four-in-hand. I know this shirt collar leaves something to be desired in terms of balancing the tie knot, though. I need to add a few good blue and white spread collars to my shirt wardrobe.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                    @DapperTexan - good look, I like that the knit tie isn't super skinny and I have that same shirt, love the texture! I'd personally have gone with a squrae that had a darker base but I understand why you chose this one for the colors. The white b/g just kind of stands out to me. [MENTION=11948]theskillets[/MENTION] - big fan of the look. I have so much outerwear I barely get to use here (HTX) that it kinda makes me sad. But I've been up to the north quite a bit this fall and everytime I make that journey I remember why I love the South so much.
                    Thanks. I love the snow and cold. I love wearing layers and bundling up.

Comment

Haven't posted in a while:

Schott, Uniqlo, 3sixteen, Alden x JCrew #8 boots (not pictured)

Comment

This is my first time posting on the forum. I thought it would be nice to relate to other college students like me searching the forum for budget friendly outfits. So without further to do, here's mine

Sweater - Old Navy
                        Shirt - Ralph Lauren
                        Pants - Haggar H26
                        Socks - Ralph Lauren
                        Shoes - Florsheim (Castellano)
                        Watch - TW Steel (Canteen)

Comment

Finally getting colder out....lunchtime errands...

Jacket - Gap
                          Shirt - John Varvatos
                          Jeans - Levi 514
                          Belt - J Crew
                          Chelsea Boots - Cole Haan
                          Watch - Invicta with eBay Nato

Comment

Welcome [MENTION=13709]southernsanders[/MENTION]! You dress way more spiffily than I did in college. Nice ensemble! I'd probably opt for a pattered sock (rather than plain black), but other than that you're looking solid.

I'm impressed that you have the confidence to dress that well on campus. I could only ever bring myself to wear chinos and a button down on campus, and even then I felt overdressed sitting next to frat guys in pajama pants.

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] That's one hell of a jacket. Loving it.

Comment

Thanks! It's hard to tell but the socks are indeed navy blue. I usually opt for a pattern but today I wanted to keep it simple. I'm actually dressed up for work. I work at a local Men's Shop downtown of my college town. Usually dressed like this around campus though as I go into work after class.

Comment

Originally posted by southernsanders View Post
                                This is my first time posting on the forum. I thought it would be nice to relate to other college students like me searching the forum for budget friendly outfits. So without further to do, here's mine

Sweater - Old Navy
                                Shirt - Ralph Lauren
                                Pants - Haggar H26
                                Socks - Ralph Lauren
                                Shoes - Florsheim (Castellano)
                                Watch - TW Steel (Canteen)
                                Great look, I assume that's a store and not your walk-in closet....haha...

Comment

Working...
                                X