This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDI View Post
    Does solid count as a pattern? I say yes, and that's a 5-pattern bingo done to perfection. Talk about looking like a million bucks for considerably less.

Edit: Just paid more attention to the PS. That's more than 5-patterns. I have a similar square from BR, but I always fold it so just one pattern is showing. I like what you did there--I'll have to try it.

Comment

[MENTION=13106]Mercer[/MENTION] Not to be overly critical, but in the spirit of helpful advice, I would recommend wearing more solid, darker colors. Going back through your WIWT posts, it seems you favor bold patterns (lots of plaid or gingham) mixed with bold colors (lots of red). I think your post in the navy button-collar sweater was probably your best look. Keep the main part of your outfit in solid dark colors up top with ample contrast between your top and bottom, then save the patterns and color for the highlights (ie the shirt under a sweater or a tie with a dark suit).

Comment

Road Day 2...shirt, tie and shoe change, no square Weds....iPhone got the colors right today...

Blazer - Izod
        Shirt - Nieman Marcus
        Tie - The Tie Bar
        Belt - Marc NY
        Shoes - Gordon Rush
        Time-X
        Last edited by JDI; December 9, 2015, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
          [MENTION=13106]Mercer[/MENTION] Not to be overly critical, but in the spirit of helpful advice, I would recommend wearing more solid, darker colors. Going back through your WIWT posts, it seems you favor bold patterns (lots of plaid or gingham) mixed with bold colors (lots of red). I think your post in the navy button-collar sweater was probably your best look. Keep the main part of your outfit in solid dark colors up top with ample contrast between your top and bottom, then save the patterns and color for the highlights (ie the shirt under a sweater or a tie with a dark suit).
          Thanks for the tip. Actually, I tend to do what you suggest a lot -- I have several solid-color darker sweaters that I like to wear in the fall and winter. Problem is, in my neck of the woods it's been feeling somewhat closer to springtime during the day (never mind the fact that it's December :-P ). To be fair, I was also wearing a gray and black North Face fleece jacket that day, but I didn't feel it was an important enough part of my outfit to include in the photo.

Comment

Speaking of patterns...

Shirt, Overcoat - H&M
            Tie - Tommy Hilfiger
            Suit - Eleganza
            Tiebar - Simon's
            5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
              Road day....

Blazer - Izod
              Shirt - Jos Banks Trim
              Tie and Square - The Tie Bar
              Pants - BR
              Belt - Marc NY
              Monks - Kenneth Cole
              Time-X
              (Backreading a bit) Honestly, you're one of the few guys (including the ones i'm seeing in IG) that dresses so well given your age. Kudos JDI!

I hope I still dress the same way 25 years after.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                Speaking of patterns...

Shirt, Overcoat - H&M
                Tie - Tommy Hilfiger
                Suit - Eleganza
                Tiebar - Simon's
                Perfect....I am so stealing that look, need to get the overcoat, it's been on my radar for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercer View Post

Vineyard Vines button-down
                  Levi's 505 jeans
                  Dickies belt
                  Woolrich ragg wool socks (unseen)
                  Red Wing 875 boots (brand new)
                  Today I'm wearing the same jeans and shirt, so no need for new pictures of those. I'm kind of living out of a suitcase right now, hence the re-wearing of things. However, yesterday I only wore the shirt for a couple hours, so it was hardly "dirty" by this morning.

Anyway, I'm posting about today's outfit because I finally dumped that cheap-o Dickies belt in favor of a higher quality, made-in-USA belt and wanted to show it off. The brand is Silver Creek:

And I'm also wearing different boots -- Red Wing 1155s (with Dan Post Cowboy Certified boot socks underneath). I wanted to show them off too:

Comment

Jacket sitting funny today.

Shirt: BB
                    Jacket/Tie: Bruce Field

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

A little louder than my norm but looks sharp

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                        Speaking of patterns...
                        You're doing it right

Comment

Haven't posted in awhile. Enjoying a beautiful fall day in the middle of December.

On a side note, first time wearing my new JPress grenadine tie. Got it for less than a meal at McDonalds at $5 at their sample sale. Sadly, it was the only grenadine tie there.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

I like the guncheck jacket!
                            The pindots are so subtle, if you're not staring at it in a couple feet, you'll think its a solid red tie.

Comment

First time WIWT post. I figured I'd open myself to get rather than give criticism.

Full day in the office grading about 50 final essays…

http://s11.postimg.org/t4tbkiumr/image.jpg

Sweatshirt: J. Crew
                              Jeans: Levi's 511
                              Boots: Red Wing Iron Ranger
                              Jacket: London Fog Trench (I found in the back of my dad's closet. He bought it 32 years ago, the day I was born because it was raining and he forgot his coat on the way to the hospital, which I think is a pretty badass way to come by a jacket.)

Comment

Yesterday all afternoon happy hour. (and entry to this weeks Sunday Challenge)...actually feeling pretty "green" again today too....

Cord Jacket - Merona -Target
                                Shirt - J Crew
                                Belt - J Crew
                                Jeans - Levi 514
                                Shoes - Gravis
                                Time-X

Comment

Working...
                                X