This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    I've posted similar outfits in the past, but this was yesterday's ensemble for a business lunch meeting.

Sport coat - J Crew Ludlow blazer in Italian Cotton
    Shirt - Macy's Bar III slim fit
    Tie - Vintage from scotland (thanks, dad)
    Pants - Target Haggar slim fit premium chino
    Shoes - Calvin Klein Carlton leather in cognac
    Belt - Macys?
    Hey Danny, I think this is a great look. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of here is the shoes. Tbh, most people probably won't notice them...but I feel like, aesthetically, they're not the best. They're bit clunky and dangerously square-toed. I feel like something more streamlined (I'm not even suggesting to the extreme of euro-shoes) would best complement your slim frame and styling. Just my opinion, of course. But otherwise, everything looks really good, and the shoe color goes really well with all of the other pieces.

Comment

I would go with a derby shoe if you have one. The closed lacing balmoral style looks better with creased pants. I still don't wear khaki colored pants.

Comment

The closed lacing works fine here with a more casual shoe (as folks are prone to make these days). That being said, I agree with Matchbook and do not want to sound harsh, but those shoes gotta go. Everything else looks nicely done.
        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
          Hey Danny, I think this is a great look. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of here is the shoes. Tbh, most people probably won't notice them...but I feel like, aesthetically, they're not the best. They're bit clunky and dangerously square-toed. I feel like something more streamlined (I'm not even suggesting to the extreme of euro-shoes) would best complement your slim frame and styling. Just my opinion, of course. But otherwise, everything looks really good, and the shoe color goes really well with all of the other pieces.
          I was going to mention the shoes too, but didn't for a few reasons. One, they are a good color, for the look. Two, the overhead angle probably makes them look worse than they are. Three, I didn't want to be overly critical. As far as the pants, I don't see anything wrong with color. The colors of this outfit work very well together. [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] didn't take any risks with colors. I'm not big on risky color combos.
          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Picking up new puppy from breeder for the family today.... such a Dad....

Vest - BR
            Shirt - J Crew Slim Chambray
            Thermal Henley - Sonoma Kohls
            Belt - Dockers
            Pants - Gap Carpenter Slim
            Boots - Steve Madden
            Time-X

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] Thanks for the kind words - I did fix the tie knot before heading out.

[MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION] [MENTION=2055]greg_s[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] These shoes aren't my favorite either, but I had to choose between these ones, some basic black plain toe oxfords, or clark's chukkas. I've been pining after a pair (or two) of AE's for a long time now, and will probably grab some factory seconds in a few months, finances permitting.

I still don't wear khaki colored pants.
              How come? It's a pretty classic move that's not going out of style anytime soon.

I'll be sure to consult with you guys before I pick up my next pair of shoes. I bought these over a year ago when I was just starting my sartorial journey, so they're not what I would reach for now. Still, you've gotta work with what you have. I figure these are passable in most business settings until I can afford (and justify) some AE's.

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] Thanks for the kind words - I did fix the tie knot before heading out.

[MENTION=12045]Matchbook[/MENTION] These shoes aren't my favorite either, but I had to choose between these ones, some basic black plain toe oxfords, or clark's chukkas. I've been pining after a pair (or two) of AE's for a long time now, and will probably grab some factory seconds in a few months, finances permitting.

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] See above. I'm hoping to expand my formal shoe collection shortly.

I'll be sure to consult with you guys before I pick up my next pair of shoes. I bought these over a year ago when I was just starting my sartorial journey, so they're not what I would reach for now. Still, you've gotta work with what you have. I figure these are passable in most business settings until I can afford (and justify) some AE's.
                IMO, the Clark's would totally work with that outfit, but not sure where you were headed off to (if a dressy work environment, then probably they would not do).

Comment

[MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] Lol, I've worn my clarks with a very similar (if not slightly less dressy) ensemble and gotten critiqued on it by guys on this site. Just goes to show you that you can't please everyone.

I was headed to a business lunch with a prospective employer. I figured it was better to make the outfit lean towards formal by wearing the more dressy shoes and throwing on the tie. Shows a bit more respect for the occasion.

Comment

[MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] Lol, I've worn my clarks with a very similar (if not slightly less dressy) ensemble and gotten critiqued on it by guys on this site. Just goes to show you that you can't please everyone.

I was headed to a business lunch with a prospective employer. I figured it was better to make the outfit lean towards formal by wearing the more dressy shoes and throwing on the tie. Shows a bit more respect for the occasion.
                    Well everyone is entitled to my own opinion, so...

Comment

Shirt - Calvin Klein Regular Fit Check in Rose Quartz
                      Sweater - Banana Republic ultra fine merino v-neck in Navy
                      Pants - Banana Republic Aiden slim fit Chinos in Grey
                      Shoes - Alden 403's

Off to a Christmas luncheon.

Comment

Shopping at Macy's -
                        Forever 21 jacket
                        Jcrew Henley
                        Gustin jeans
                        BB suede chukkas

Comment

JC blazer
                          BR sweater and shirt
                          LE chinos
                          Alden boots
                          Timex Ironman

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
                            Picking up new puppy from breeder for the family today.... such a Dad....

Vest - BR
                            Shirt - J Crew Slim Chambray
                            Thermal Henley - Sonoma Kohls
                            Belt - Dockers
                            Pants - Gap Carpenter Slim
                            Boots - Steve Madden
                            Time-X
                            Okay, who cares about the clothes. I want to hear more about the new dog!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              Okay, who cares about the clothes. I want to hear more about the new dog!
                              If we really wanted to start sh*t, we'd start a debate over the ethics of breeder dogs vs. shelter dogs.

I'm kidding. Let's not do this. Please. Let's. Not. Do. This.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGuest View Post
                                If we really wanted to start sh*t, we'd start a debate over the ethics of breeder dogs vs. shelter dogs.

I'm kidding. Let's not do this. Please. Let's. Not. Do. This.
                                I'll set up the poll.

[Not really, of course ]

Comment

Working...
                                X