Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
    Jacket: Some Woolrich number I picked up when I was kid back in 2002-3.
    Shirt: Eddie Bauer. Have had that shirt since I was like, 17. So it's got that legit 17-year old broken in feel to it. Love it.
    Nice. Besides t-shirts that I would wear for working out or really casual activities, I have zero items that I kept from the 2000s nor would I want to wear them now.

    Comment


      Originally posted by ninpb View Post
      Nice. Besides t-shirts that I would wear for working out or really casual activities, I have zero items that I kept from the 2000s nor would I want to wear them now.
      Well, that shirt is from the 90s and used to get worn a lot with corduroys, long hair, and chain wallets while skateboarding and listening to punk rock. I also have a couple of other jackets and items that are from the 90's era as well that I wear, albeit completely differently now. I'm significantly larger than I used to be, so all these items fit much better, actually (since the 90's trend was towards over-sizing, etc.). I still wear some items from Structure. Lol. I think a big thing is, is that I didn't know how to wear a lot of these things properly back in the day.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
        Going to throw my opinion in: Those aren't Dad jeans, but I also don't like light rinse jeans. But JDI pulls it off. And I read that he's 56...so he can pretty much do whatever he wants. Dad jeans come down to fit, imo.

        Anyways, not what I wore today, but rocked this get-up this weekend. Finally some Fall weather here in SoCal.




        Jacket: Some Woolrich number I picked up when I was kid back in 2002-3.
        Shirt: Eddie Bauer. Have had that shirt since I was like, 17. So it's got that legit 17-year old broken in feel to it. Love it.
        Jeans: Levis 541s in Rigid Dragon
        Sunglasses: Warby Parker Ames

        Not pictured are some brown Caterpillar boots (non-work), my Hamilton Khaki Field watch.
        That is a really cool jacket.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

        Comment


          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

          Comment


            Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
            Going to throw my opinion in: Those aren't Dad jeans, but I also don't like light rinse jeans. But JDI pulls it off. And I read that he's 56...so he can pretty much do whatever he wants. Dad jeans come down to fit, imo.

            Anyways, not what I wore today, but rocked this get-up this weekend. Finally some Fall weather here in SoCal.



            Jacket: Some Woolrich number I picked up when I was kid back in 2002-3.
            Shirt: Eddie Bauer. Have had that shirt since I was like, 17. So it's got that legit 17-year old broken in feel to it. Love it.
            Jeans: Levis 541s in Rigid Dragon
            Sunglasses: Warby Parker Ames

            Not pictured are some brown Caterpillar boots (non-work), my Hamilton Khaki Field watch.

            Great look bud, thanks for the support....and you are still a kid, haha.

            Comment


              I typically associate dad jeans with a specific fit. I personally do not like the light color but it can work. I don't love this specific [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] overall look but that's ok. I have enjoyed this forum quite a bit and a big part of that has to do with e-politeness and proper attitude. Otherwise, we could all use that other forum. Additionally a lot of things we wear or see are a matter of opinion. There are plenty of skin tight trousers worn online that I think look ridiculous but I don't go around pointing out people's "division sign" because it is a matter of opinion.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                Well, that shirt is from the 90s and used to get worn a lot with corduroys, long hair, and chain wallets while skateboarding and listening to punk rock. I also have a couple of other jackets and items that are from the 90's era as well that I wear, albeit completely differently now. I'm significantly larger than I used to be, so all these items fit much better, actually (since the 90's trend was towards over-sizing, etc.). I still wear some items from Structure. Lol. I think a big thing is, is that I didn't know how to wear a lot of these things properly back in the day.
                I thought moving onto Structure meant I was some kind of fashionable guy back in the 90s. At least you didn't say you still have some Anchor Blue.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by doomx View Post
                  I typically associate dad jeans with a specific fit. I personally do not like the light color but it can work. I don't love this specific [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] overall look but that's ok. I have enjoyed this forum quite a bit and a big part of that has to do with e-politeness and proper attitude. Otherwise, we could all use that other forum. Additionally a lot of things we wear or see are a matter of opinion. There are plenty of skin tight trousers worn online that I think look ridiculous but I don't go around pointing out people's "division sign" because it is a matter of opinion.
                  The other site can be critical, but also provides better advice. Here it's cool that everyone is nice to each other, but that doesn't really help anyone. A lot of people come to sites like this to learn. If we are all too busy being nice, then how is anyone going to get an honest opinion. I feel like this is where you come for a participation trophy. But it didn't have to be that way. You can kindly provide constructive critique.

                  [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] this whole thing went a little too far today. I take responsibility for that. I apologize if it seemed like a personal attack. I just didn't like your jeans. I'm sure you're a great guy. You've also had some great outfits where you showcase style on a budget.
                  Last edited by thecharlesg; November 30, 2015, 09:32 PM.
                  My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                    The other site is certainly not critical, but also provides better advice. Here it's cool that everyone is nice to each other, but that doesn't really help anyone. A lot of people come to sites like this to learn. If we are all too busy being nice, then how is anyone going to get an honest opinion. I feel like this is where you come for a participation trophy. But it didn't have to be that way. You can kindly provide constructive critique.

                    [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] this whole thing went a little too far today. I take responsibility for that. I apologize if it seemed like a personal attack. I just didn't like your jeans. I'm sure you're a great guy. You've also had some great outfits where you showcase style on a budget.
                    - Apology accepted.
                    - I still like them ( they were my Levi 511 slims, not my J Crews....)
                    - Yes, I am a good guy.
                    - On a budget? Haha, now I am really offended...

                    Comment


                      Someone please just post a picture of what he wore today already...

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                        The other site can be critical, but also provides better advice.
                        I don't know if you've been there lately, but it appears they banned all the children.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ianmichaelray View Post
                          I don't know if you've been there lately, but it appears they banned all the children.
                          I don't know what this means.
                          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
                            Someone please just post a picture of what he wore today already...
                            Here are the offending Levi 511 Slims.....

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by JDI View Post
                              Here are the offending Levi 511 Slims.....

                              That's definitely not what I meant, my bad. I meant can we please get this thread back on track with WIWT.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Matchbook View Post


                                Jacket: Some Woolrich number I picked up when I was kid back in 2002-3.
                                Shirt: Eddie Bauer. Have had that shirt since I was like, 17. So it's got that legit 17-year old broken in feel to it. Love it.
                                Jeans: Levis 541s in Rigid Dragon
                                Sunglasses: Warby Parker Ames

                                Not pictured are some brown Caterpillar boots (non-work), my Hamilton Khaki Field watch.
                                I like all of this--right down to the Hamilton Khaki I can't see. I especially dig that jacket though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X