Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt at wearing black denim. I don't hate this outfit.

Eddie Bauer cotton sweater, Uniqlo polo, Levi's jeans, PRL boots. Not pictured: KJP rope belt.
    Ben

Comment

How do you like the Velasca boots? Are they blake or blake/rapid construction?

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
      Casual Friday

Jacket: Outdoor Life
      Sweater: Uniqlo
      Shirt: Uniqlo
      Jeans: Uniqlo
      Watch: Casio
      Boots: Velasca

Comment

Never ending lunch with the crew....

Blazer - Gap
        Thermal - Todd Snyder
        Jeans - Paper Denim and Cloth
        Belt - JCF
        Boots - Cole Haan
        Time-X

Comment

First WIWT post! Hope to be more active here.

I meant to grab a more contrasting pair of navy pants, but it was before I drank my coffee and I didn't have enough time to change after the mistake had been made.

Gap cardigan
          Gap Gingham shirt
          Tie Bar tie
          Orient Bambino watch
          JCP Chinos
          Thrifted Bostonian saddle oxfords.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            First attempt at wearing black denim. I don't hate this outfit.

Eddie Bauer cotton sweater, Uniqlo polo, Levi's jeans, PRL boots. Not pictured: KJP rope belt.
            Looks like a good outfit to me. FWIW I really like black denim. Chicks dig it too. I know a lot of guys on here don't care about that. Maybe you do. IDK
            My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

[MENTION=12610]kbaskim[/MENTION] - so far they are great. Very comfortable. They are actually cemented - whish they were rapid black like there other shoes.
              Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                First WIWT post! Hope to be more active here.

I meant to grab a more contrasting pair of navy pants, but it was before I drank my coffee and I didn't have enough time to change after the mistake had been made.

Gap cardigan
                Gap Gingham shirt
                Tie Bar tie
                Orient Bambino watch
                JCP Chinos
                Thrifted Bostonian saddle oxfords.
                Looks great! Love the sweater.
                Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Is that the Tie Bar grenafaux tie? How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by theskillets View Post
                    Looks great! Love the sweater.
                    Thank you!

Originally posted by sbowie View Post
                    Is that the Tie Bar grenafaux tie? How do you like it?
                    It's their knit tie. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. If it had a little less sheen to it, I think I'd be much more impressed. I do have a purple grenafaux from them and I really do like that one.

Comment

Casual office day before being out of office for Thanksgiving week.

Old Navy burgundy v-neck sweater
                      Uniqlo jeans
                      Grenson wingtip boots
                      Explorer ii

Happy Autumn!

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post

Casual office day before being out of office for Thanksgiving week.

Old Navy burgundy v-neck sweater
                        Uniqlo jeans
                        Grenson wingtip boots
                        Explorer ii

Happy Autumn!
                        I wear the same watch, but the black face version. In my opinion it is the best Rolex, because it doesn't scream Rolex. I don't want my watch to appear pretentious. I feel like the Explorer ii certainly doesn't. Mine is the actually the newer release. It's 42 mm and has an orange gmt hand.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                          I wear the same watch, but the black face version. In my opinion it is the best Rolex, because it doesn't scream Rolex. I don't want my watch to appear pretentious. I feel like the Explorer ii certainly doesn't. Mine is the actually the newer release. It's 42 mm and has an orange gmt hand.
                          Now now, don't start a watch argument in the WIWT thread My SD4k does just fine flying under the radar (lack of cyclops helps that, IMO, as most people think Rolex immediately with it). Personally I've found that pretentiousness of a watch mainly has to do with the wearer more than the watch, outside of the gaudy conspicuous consumption style watches (e.g., Hublot big bangs). If you want the least 'Rolex' Rolex sports watch, my vote would be for the Explorer I.

Edit: For what it's worth, the only folks who have commented on my Sea Dweller since I got it in March have been complimentary or fellow watch enthusiasts who wanted to talk watches. Even then, it's been less than a dozen total.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                            Thank you!

It's their knit tie. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. If it had a little less sheen to it, I think I'd be much more impressed. I do have a purple grenafaux from them and I really do like that one.

Nice- I'm looking into getting the burgundy one for a wedding in December. I think that just helped me decide. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                              Now now, don't start a watch argument in the WIWT thread My SD4k does just fine flying under the radar (lack of cyclops helps that, IMO, as most people think Rolex immediately with it). Personally I've found that pretentiousness of a watch mainly has to do with the wearer more than the watch, outside of the gaudy conspicuous consumption style watches (e.g., Hublot big bangs). If you want the least 'Rolex' Rolex sports watch, my vote would be for the Explorer I.

Edit: For what it's worth, the only folks who have commented on my Sea Dweller since I got it in March have been complimentary or fellow watch enthusiasts who wanted to talk watches. Even then, it's been less than a dozen total.
                              Normally the only time anyone notices mine is when it's to tell me they have the same one. There are some pretty pretentious and douchy watches out there. The worst Rolex in my opinion is this:

EDIT: I'll agree the sea master is does not come off as pretentious. To me it looks to be very obviously a Rolex at first glance though.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                                Totally agree. Mine's more or less a counterpart to my fiancée's engagement ring (clear diamond on white gold -- so white on white wristwatch.)

Bought them both within a month of each other almost a year ago. Just got engaged so it's nice to finally break it out with more sentimental value.

But more to your point, no one ever asks me about it even when I have worn it before our engagement.
                                I do like how two-tone GMTs look, but I have a black bezel C Ward C60 Trident that's very sentimental to me, so I couldn't ever let it go or double up on a black bezel on black dial watch.
                                A lot if people actually ask me if my C60 Trident is a Rolex.

The runner-up to my Explorer ii for our engagement was this beauty

Comment

Working...
                                X