This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post

Picture on the top is me and representative of how I normally dress. The bottom picture is me when I first got into menswear. Thought I'd share

CT gingham shirt. Doesn't look that bad, I guess. I'm not a big fan of gingham. Funny story, the gingham shirt actually has french cuffs. I had no clue.
    I bought that exact same shirt during the latest CT 3/$99 sale and was also surprised to find that it had French cuffs. No clue how I let that one slip through the cracks. It's a beautiful shirt though.

I like the gingam fabrics. I used to travel to the UK a lot about 5 years ago and and would see a lot of the bold patterned gingams there and not be able to find them for sale when I came home.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
      What is the "gq aesthetic"
      Go to the gq website and click on style. Look through the suits on the site and it should be pretty clear.
      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

First post. This was actually the beginning of October, but thought I would post anyways.

Comment

On the CharlesG pictures, I like both and I am about to be 30. I don't like the stars or whatever they are on the gingham and the tie looks a little busy with both dots and flowers but it can work. The top picture looks great to me. It does take some skill which you just acquire over the #menswear lifetime to try different things and see how they work.

Wolves - I think the jacket and pants are too close in color so it is hard to see a break from jacket to pants. The fit of the clothes looks great though. Also some don't like the air tie look, I am fine with it but wouldn't wear it myself.

When I started out I used to just hate certain styles but now have grown to accept certain things that while I don't like them other people do.

Comment

Beautiful late fall Sunday, 13*C & sunny. Morning was errands a Costco stop, this afternoon late lunch @ mother in law's:
            Vest: Patagonia Down Bivy
            Crewneck sweatshirt: JCF
            Gingham OCBD: PRL
            Cords: Gap 1969 slims
            Belt: H&M
            Clarks Orignals DBs taupe suede
            Timex Weekender
            Rayban aviators

Comment

Partial work then travel today

Jacket and shirt: Hugo Boss
              Tie: Drake's (I find it hard to make a good simple with this tie)
              Pants: cremieux
              Shoes: Bexley of Paris

Comment

Chilly AM here in NJ....coffee run, home office.

Vest - BR
                Shirt - Merona
                Pants - Gap Carpenter Slim
                Boots - Clarks
                Time-X

Comment

Class
                  Weatherproof herringbone shirt jacket
                  Levis crew neck shirt
                  508s
                  CDBs

Work
                  H&M blazer
                  Forever21 shirt
                  508s
                  GHB Monks

Comment

Cross-post from Sunday challenge.

Ben

Comment

Tuesday's attire.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                        On the CharlesG pictures, I like both and I am about to be 30. I don't like the stars or whatever they are on the gingham and the tie looks a little busy with both dots and flowers but it can work. The top picture looks great to me. It does take some skill which you just acquire over the #menswear lifetime to try different things and see how they work.

Wolves - I think the jacket and pants are too close in color so it is hard to see a break from jacket to pants. The fit of the clothes looks great though. Also some don't like the air tie look, I am fine with it but wouldn't wear it myself.

When I started out I used to just hate certain styles but now have grown to accept certain things that while I don't like them other people do.

Thanks man. I was trying to figure out if the contrast issue was there as i thought. I wish the jacket was a little bit more of a yellow khaki.

Comment

Day 3 of meetings:
                          Jacket: Hugo Boss...same everyday
                          Shirt: Brooks Brothers
                          Pants: Cremieux
                          Shoes: Bexley

I brought another pair of shoes for yesterday then recycled Monday's today. Today's clothes are looser as I have a flight later and they are comfier on a plane.

Comment

Fall blues.... photo colors all over the place....top right is correct

Suit - Combatant Gent
                            Shirt - Claiborne
                            Tie / Bar - The Tie Bar
                            Belt - Dockers
                            Shoes - Steve Madden
                            Time-X

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] the fit of those trousers is very very good!

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
                                Fall blues.... photo colors all over the place....top right is correct

Suit - Combatant Gent
                                Shirt - Claiborne
                                Tie / Bar - The Tie Bar
                                Belt - Dockers
                                Shoes - Steve Madden
                                Time-X
                                Killing it with the chalk stripe suit/knit tie combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X