This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time posting! Be kind

Would like some opinions on the color scheme too (particularly the pocket square). Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by fflat View Post

Would like some opinions on the color scheme too (particularly the pocket square). Thanks!
      Color scheme- are you an apartment?

Great colors and they all pair nicely (grey white and burgundy)- I dig the pocket square.

Who makes the shoes? Also, I would put a dimple in the tie- it really needs a good pinch and squeeze.

Comment

I think the pocket square looks fine. Details on the jacket?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
          Color scheme- are you an apartment?

Great colors and they all pair nicely (grey white and burgundy)- I dig the pocket square.

Who makes the shoes? Also, I would put a dimple in the tie- it really needs a good pinch and squeeze.
          Haha be nice...I'm new to this game.

Shoes are Allen Edmonds McCallisters (my new babies!).

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          I think the pocket square looks fine. Details on the jacket?!?
          Jacket is BR: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=675047002

Got it during their recent sale and stacked with a bunch of Banana card certificates. The chest runs a little small, but the shoulders are perfect for me.

Comment

My favorite combo: light blue shirt, navy suit. If you like compliments it's a great combo.
            My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post

My favorite combo: light blue shirt, navy suit. If you like compliments it's a great combo.
              Great suit. IMHO, if you're going to dress it down like that, less formal shoes are warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                Great suit. IMHO, if you're going to dress it down like that, less formal shoes are warranted.
                You'd wear suede oxfords? Or loafers? I mostly wear a tie with my suits, but when I don't I wear the same shoes (generally oxfords) either way. I do wear loafers with sport coats and trousers.
                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Suede would be great; a lighter shade of brown and/or some perforations on the shoes would probably do the trick, too. (I'm not much of a loafers with suits guy.) I just think the top block is asking for something less formal than dark-ish brown captoes.

Comment

I think it looks fine. Bluchers are tough as they could look fine or completely out of place quickly. I am looking for a pair myself and haven't figured out what I want yet. If there is a suggestion that would go with the suit above, that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                      . . . it really needs a good pinch and squeeze.
                      Totally appropriate in this context, but it strikes me that that thought has probably led to more than one sexual harassment claim.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] I think a split-toe blutcher would work very well. Think EG Dover (or, you know, something similar that real humans can afford).

Comment

Originally posted by fflat View Post

I like the pocket square -- the yellow in it contrasts well with the sweater you're wearing. Awesome jacket, too. I think something's wrong with your face, though...

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                            You'd wear suede oxfords? Or loafers? I mostly wear a tie with my suits, but when I don't I wear the same shoes (generally oxfords) either way. I do wear loafers with sport coats and trousers.
                            For no-tie suiting, I'd probably opt for some brogues, suede or maybe monkstraps (if you have those in the closet). I save my clean lined oxfords in dark brown and black for when I'm in full business formal attire. Mostly I'm in some AE McAllisters or the like.

Splitting hairs at this point though, it's a solid look. Again, jealous of the SuSu fitting you -- if they had a fit that worked for my drop / buttsize, it'd save me a ton of money (at least per suit... although I'd probably be buying a lot more suits, so maybe a wash in terms of $$ spent overall).

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post
                              I like the pocket square -- the yellow in it contrasts well with the sweater you're wearing. Awesome jacket, too. I think something's wrong with your face, though...
                              Trying to be transparent lately.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                                Totally appropriate in this context, but it strikes me that that thought has probably led to more than one sexual harassment claim.
                                A friend of mine was telling me the other day about a time she put a boot in someone's sternum because he tried a pinch and squeeze on her.

Much safer on ties.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X