Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheating, wore this on Friday but forgot to post. A cold rainy Friday in NYC, cord blazer and duck boots seemed right, as did showing it after a day of wear as opposed to crisp off the hanger:

Sportcoat: J. Crew (last season's of the one in today's main site blazer post)
    Shirt: Ratio oxford
    Pants: Bonobos
    Belt: Rancourt natural chromexel
    Shoes: LL Bean
    Umbrella: Davek (highly recommended)

Comment

Great Sport coat in great shade, J. Crew produces good stuff.

Pants by Bonobos are good, I have the same one too.

But not sure about shoes, cant see in this pic
      Eat what is good for your health but
      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Liking that sports coat. Kinda makes me want to jump online and see about purchasing one myself.

Comment

Suit jacket- Spier & Mackay light grey flannel (no tailoring!)
          Shirt- Bristol & Bull, sold at some TJ Maxx stores and really great for the money
          Pants- Bonobos
          Belt- J Crew
          Pocket square- BR
          Boots- J Crew Kenton. Wanted to wear walnut double monks today but the ankle brace won't fit

Comment

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
            Shirt- Bristol & Bull, sold at some TJ Maxx stores and really great for the money
            Pants- Bonobos
            Belt- J Crew
            Pocket square- BR
            Boots- J Crew Kenton. Wanted to wear walnut double monks today but the ankle brace won't fit
            Nice! What is the lapel width on the jacket? I thought S&M used 3.5", but this looks narrower.

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
              Great Sport coat in great shade, J. Crew produces good stuff.

Pants by Bonobos are good, I have the same one too.

But not sure about shoes, cant see in this pic
              They're LL Bean duck boots -- a preppy classic that is super popular in NYC right now. More about functionality than anything, but the fact that they're trendy make them a little more accepted for regular wear. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/50669...GENDER*Mens%5E

Comment

Duck boots are awesome. I have a pair from Sorel that are super handy about 3 times a year where I'm at. Saw them everywhere while in NYC last winter, though -- fit right in (and saved my feet from the sludge).

Comment

Pants- Bonobos
                  Belt- J Crew
                  Pocket square- BR
                  I like it!
                  S&M did a good job on that sportscoat.
                  5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Pants- Bonobos
                    Belt- J Crew
                    Pocket square- BR
                    Yeah, jacket looks awesome. Which one is it, just curious? Did you go with Slim or Contemporary fit?

Great outfit.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by windmill View Post
                      Nice! What is the lapel width on the jacket? I thought S&M used 3.5", but this looks narrower.
                      The product page states 3" lapels for this suit jacket. Pictured here is the size 40 Contemporary Fit med grey flannel. It's great as a suit and as a sportcoat because of the flannel texture. It's more of a 3-4 season jacket, too, as the flannel's not very warm/thick.
                      Most of my pants are some shade of navy/blue, and this works well with them
                      Last edited by DuFrank; October 6, 2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

WIWT

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                        Yeah, jacket looks awesome. Which one is it, just curious? Did you go with Slim or Contemporary fit?

Great outfit.
                        Contemporary Fit, size 40. Thank you by the way

Comment

The product page states 3" lapels for this suit jacket. Pictured here is the size 40 Contemporary Fit med grey flannel. It's great as a suit and as a sportcoat because of the flannel texture. It's more of a 3-4 season jacket, too, as the flannel's not very warm/thick.
                          Most of my pants are some shade of navy/blue, and this works well with them
                          I'm guessing that's the grey flannel that is still available? Looks great. Pants probably wear pretty nice as separates too.
                          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                            I'm guessing that's the grey flannel that is still available? Looks great. Pants probably wear pretty nice as separates too.
                            Yes, here are the links:
                            http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...ntemporary_fit

http://www.spierandmackay.com/produc...nel___slim_fit

Thankfully the hip and thighs are generous enough to fit comfortably (a couple inches more than the Napoli from SuitSupply). I got the suit (drop 6") and an extra pair of pants

Comment

Sorry for the bathroom work pics. First time doing one of these.

Jacket: Merc Harrington
                              Shirt: BB Ocbd
                              Pants: Facconable chinos
                              Shoes: clarks db
                              Watch: orient Ray
                              Last edited by DapperedHoo; October 7, 2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Feel like I'm channeling a 60's / 70's thing today....

Shirt - Paper Denim and Cloth
                                Jeans - J Crew
                                Belt - BR
                                Chelsea Boots - Bass
                                Watch - Dad's 1960's Hamilton (Mechanical Winder)

Comment

Working...
                                X