Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by DuFrank View Post


    Jacket- CombatGent
    OCBD- Cremeiux (Dillards)
    Chinos- Bonobos
    Belt- Joe Abboud (Nordstrom Rack)
    Shoes- Beckett Simonon
    Socks- Happy Socks
    Watch- C Ward C60 Trident on Hirsch Modena strap
    Really like everything from the waist up. I don't mind the pants, either, but I'm trying to decide how I feel about the cognac shoes and the reddish pants and whether there is a good enough contrast. I think there is, but maybe grey or navy suede would have been a cooler look. The watch is awesome.

    Comment


      Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
      Really like everything from the waist up. I don't mind the pants, either, but I'm trying to decide how I feel about the cognac shoes and the reddish pants and whether there is a good enough contrast. I think there is, but maybe grey or navy suede would have been a cooler look. The watch is awesome.
      I agree on the shoes. Brown would be much better, but I've finally come to terms with my only pair of true brown dress shoes being too small. Maybe I'll darken the tan longwings a little for Fall.
      Other than that, I'm not sure what other shoes go with burgundy pants?
      Thoughts?

      I still have the AS navy suede double monks from J Crew, which would've worked here

      Comment








        My first WIWT (don't be too harsh)!

        Casual day at the office.
        Cardigan: Gant
        shirt: JCrew Factory
        Jeans: Gap Japanese Selvedge
        Shoes: Nunn-Bush cheapos from Marshalls
        Watch: Orient Bambino

        Comment


          Welcome to WIWT. Looks good, maroon is a hot color this fall. Would have gone with brown boots/shoes given the nice Bambino..
          Last edited by JDI; October 1, 2015, 10:22 AM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by JDI View Post
            Welcome to WIWT. Looks good, maroon is a hot color this fall. Would have gone with brown boots/shoes given the nice Bambino..I'm a little confused with pic 2...what is the other blue/navy material that looks like it's hanging around your knees?
            I think that's just a weird fold of the jeans at a sharp angle. Yeah, I planned on getting some brown gunners from JCP but I'm waiting for payday. These boots are the only others I have right now.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
              I think that's just a weird fold of the jeans at a sharp angle. Yeah, I planned on getting some brown gunners from JCP but I'm waiting for payday. These boots are the only others I have right now.
              They are on sale now at JCP for $48...

              Comment


                Originally posted by JDI View Post
                Would have gone with brown boots/shoes given the nice Bambino.
                [MENTION=14380]Alpha King[/MENTION], I disagree with [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] on this, FWIW. I like a simple, classy dress watch with just about any outfit, and I think the grey suede is subtly unexpected here. Wouldn't change a thing.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  Good luck [MENTION=14309]sskim3[/MENTION] ! Deets on the tie brand when you return. I love the texture.
                  My girlfriend works near the seize sir veight boutique store in soho. They had a sample sale earlier this year and picked this up for a paltry $15 and it's a seven fold. It's made from raw silk in a nice light brown.

                  Originally posted by connersw View Post
                  [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] Not usually a fan of horizontal stripes, but I really like that shirt. Works perfectly with the tie/PS. Super sharp look all around. One of my favorites.

                  [MENTION=14309]sskim3[/MENTION] Are you the interviewer or the interviewee? If it is the latter, good luck. I like the look as an over-all fit, but in the future, you may want to consider a blue (trustworthy) or red (power) tie if you are getting interviewed. The muted colors may give the interviewer the impression that your personality is dull and withdrawn. When you have a short time to make a good first impression, you want to come off as vibrant (but not too loud) and ready to work and collaborate with everyone.

                  PS: I thought I read earlier you strictly adhered to the belt match the shoes rule. What about the socks match the pants rule? I don't mind a little pattern, but blue socks with charcoal pants is a deal breaker for me.
                  Interviewee so it has been interesting so far. Regarding socks and trousers I don't care about the matching. Usually I like my socks to match some part of my outfit. These are a bit darker than I would like. But no one in the office notices. I'm all suited up and people are in khakis and casual shirts.

                  Regarding the power tie, this is for a start up so I did not want to feel too out of place. I'm the only one in a tie. Let alone a suit.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Alpha King View Post






                    My first WIWT (don't be too harsh)!

                    Casual day at the office.
                    Cardigan: Gant
                    shirt: JCrew Factory
                    Jeans: Gap Japanese Selvedge
                    Shoes: Nunn-Bush cheapos from Marshalls
                    Watch: Orient Bambino
                    Awesome shirt by JCrew and shoes are cool too, overall nice combination, warm comfy and casual
                    Eat what is good for your health but
                    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

                    Comment


                      Comment




                        Smart Casual
                        Sportscoat, Denim, Bracelet: H&M
                        Pocket Square: Simon's
                        Shirt: George
                        Watch: Fossil
                        Socks: Express
                        Desert Boots: Merona
                        Eyewear: RayBan New Wayfarers
                        Belt: BR
                        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

                        Comment


                          First sweater day of the season...50's today....home office all day.



                          Sweater - Uniqlo
                          Shirt - Rock and Republic
                          Jeans - Levi 511
                          Belt - Gap
                          Shoes - American Eagle
                          Watch - Breda Love this watch! https://www.bredawatch.com/men/view-all/valor-1707a

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post


                            Smart Casual
                            Sportscoat, Denim, Bracelet: H&M
                            Pocket Square: Simon's
                            Shirt: George
                            Watch: Fossil
                            Socks: Express
                            Desert Boots: Merona
                            Eyewear: RayBan New Wayfarers
                            Belt: BR
                            Well put together and great layout for the photo.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by JDI View Post
                              First sweater day of the season...50's today....home office all day.



                              Sweater - Uniqlo
                              Shirt - Rock and Republic
                              Jeans - Levi 511
                              Belt - Gap
                              Shoes - American Eagle
                              Watch - Breda Love this watch! https://www.bredawatch.com/men/view-all/valor-1707a
                              great casual watch at a great price.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by JDI View Post
                                First sweater day of the season...50's today....home office all day.



                                Sweater - Uniqlo
                                Shirt - Rock and Republic
                                Jeans - Levi 511
                                Belt - Gap
                                Shoes - American Eagle
                                Watch - Breda Love this watch! https://www.bredawatch.com/men/view-all/valor-1707a
                                A real good warm Uniqlo sweater and belt choice is great too.
                                Eat what is good for your health but
                                Wear what is good for your and others eyes

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X