This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuFrank View Post
    I agree with all your points. I didn't even consider tan/cognac shoes; was excited about wearing boots and especially the Grensons today. This WIWT sticky is helping me realize what I may need to donate or sell, e.g. some brown AE brogued cap-toe bluchers
    Stafford Deacons would have done just fine here... $40.

Also put me in the camp that finds little redeeming qualities in that watch strap. Nylon straps have their charm, but that one looks out of place (and even in a summery outfit I'd still be "meh" on it).

Comment

Sweater- Rountree & Yorke (Dillard's)
      Pants- Bonobos summer weight navy
      Belt- Original Penguin
      Boots- Grenson Alfred
      Wrist wear- Citizen Eco Drive on Jcrew strap; unbranded
      Originally posted by JDI View Post
      Sweater, pants, good. Tan/Cognac shoes would have been better. Watch band is a not great with this IMO.
      I think the boots are fine. The watch strap strikes me as too garish, both for the muted colors of this particular outfit and perhaps for general use - something like burgundy or maybe this darker red and navy strap would look more neutral, but still provide a bit of color/visual interest.
      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        I think the boots are fine. The watch strap strikes me as too garish, both for the muted colors of this particular outfit and perhaps for general use - something like burgundy or maybe this darker red and navy strap would look more neutral, but still provide a bit of color/visual interest.
        A burgundy strap would be awesome, maybe in a herringbone pattern with some texture to it too.
        That brings up a point-- I've found myself by accident looking for a different sense of style each season just by what I purchase or pull out of the closet. This summer was louder patterns, less accessories.
        This fall is looking to be more muted patterns/colors but much more texture. The watch strap is gonna fall by the wayside once I see something that fills the autumn gap I'm looking for. Again the burgundy is a great recommendation

Comment

A burgundy strap would be awesome, maybe in a herringbone pattern with some texture to it too.
          That brings up a point-- I've found myself by accident looking for a different sense of style each season just by what I purchase or pull out of the closet. This summer was louder patterns, less accessories.
          This fall is looking to be more muted patterns/colors but much more texture. The watch strap is gonna fall by the wayside once I see something that fills the autumn gap I'm looking for. Again the burgundy is a great recommendation
          Buy the Deacons!!!
          http://www.jcpenney.com/stafford-dea...ncharset=UTF-8

Comment

http://www.suigeneric.com/products/solid-burgundy

This one is kinda cool. Waxed cotton. A bit pricey for a strap.

Ben

Comment

Better late than never...
              Jacket: Peter Millar
              Shirt: S&M
              Tie: Frank & Oak
              Pants: BR
              Pocket Square: don't remember
              Socks: Etiquette Theory by way of Bespoke Post
              Shoes: BR
              Watch: Orient

Comment

I think that's a common view. My summer style is definitely more garish and brighter than my fall/winter style, mostly because in the summer I wear a lot more casual outfits where it's easier to mix in brighter colors or bolder patterns. Fall/winter (to me) call for a more subdued style.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post

Better late than never...
                  Jacket: Peter Millar
                  Shirt: S&M
                  Tie: Frank & Oak
                  Pants: BR
                  Pocket Square: don't remember
                  Socks: Etiquette Theory by way of Bespoke Post
                  Shoes: BR
                  Watch: Orient
                  Big fan of the jacket and tie

Comment

What a great watch and beautiful pocket square
                    Eat what is good for your health but
                    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Boring wet weather fit.

Sweater: Christian Berg
                      Shirt: Brooks Brothers
                      Tie: Merona
                      Pants: BRF
                      Shoes: Hugo Boss (first pair of shoes over $100)

Comment

Work, work, work...On the road then to retirement party tonight.

Suit - Combatant Gent
                        Shirt - Lands End
                        Tie - The Tie Bar
                        Belt - Marc NY
                        Shoes - Kenneth Cole
                        Time-X

Comment

Interview in Cali in an hour.

Ted Baker suit
                          Jpress shirt
                          Seize sue veight 7-fold tie
                          AE shoes
                          Uniqlo socks

Comment

Good luck [MENTION=14309]sskim3[/MENTION] ! Deets on the tie brand when you return. I love the texture.

Comment

[MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] Not usually a fan of horizontal stripes, but I really like that shirt. Works perfectly with the tie/PS. Super sharp look all around. One of my favorites.

[MENTION=14309]sskim3[/MENTION] Are you the interviewer or the interviewee? If it is the latter, good luck. I like the look as an over-all fit, but in the future, you may want to consider a blue (trustworthy) or red (power) tie if you are getting interviewed. The muted colors may give the interviewer the impression that your personality is dull and withdrawn. When you have a short time to make a good first impression, you want to come off as vibrant (but not too loud) and ready to work and collaborate with everyone.

PS: I thought I read earlier you strictly adhered to the belt match the shoes rule. What about the socks match the pants rule? I don't mind a little pattern, but blue socks with charcoal pants is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Jacket- CombatGent
                                OCBD- Cremeiux (Dillards)
                                Chinos- Bonobos
                                Belt- Joe Abboud (Nordstrom Rack)
                                Shoes- Beckett Simonon
                                Socks- Happy Socks
                                Watch- C Ward C60 Trident on Hirsch Modena strap

Comment

Working...
                                X