Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was in the high 70s today (!). I wore some chinos, suede bucks, blue dress shirt, tie, and herringbone blazer... WAY too hot. I changed immediately after getting home.

Currently wearing linen shorts, polo shirt, and Chaco flip flops. Yeah, high style, I know.

Summer is going to kill. Me. (It doesn't help that my car has no functional AC.)

Thank goodness spring is making a reappearance next week... temps back in the 40s and rainy.

Ben

Comment

• Ha @BenR, same here in MN. Just off the plane from Austin, TX and didn't have to change. Wearing nearly the same outfit today. Can't hate on the Chacos, best sandals I've ever owned. Fabulous customer service as well.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

• @Mathis - Uniqlo isn't listed on Suddenlee's site, but I was able to add a Uniqlo shirt to my Suddenlee shopping cart. Not sure what the deal is, but I've always associated Uniqlo with Suddenlee....

Comment

• WIWT, for your viewing pleasure:

Walked into the Lands End Inlet store and went wild, naturally. Picked up the tee for $7, the 5 pocket white straight leg jeans for $9.50, and the navy suede chukkas for $29.50. Everything you see: $46. Those guns? Priceless.

EDIT: In hindsight, I don't know if I should've posted this under St. Patrick's Day, Recent Purchases, or WIWT. :headspinning:

Comment

• I've bought a handful of items in the last couple weeks, but for some reason this $6 strap is my favorite of the bunch. heh. WIWT - Brooks Brothers white oxford, Jcrew factory merino wool v-neck and Dockers alpha khakis.

Comment

• Harry - I like it. It all looks very well fitted.

Comment

• WIWT

Blazer: Cashmere blazer by Napoli

Shirt: Ultimate Merona Blue stripe

Tie: Tommy Hilfiger

Pants: Kenneth Cole Wool Grey Pants

Shoes: Walnut Sanfords

Socks: Mossimo via Target

Watch: Timex with Navy blue strap

Comment

• Looking sharp, Tat! REALLY digging the tie. You do know its Saturday, though, right? ;-)

Comment

• That was Friday's WIWT. If / when I post up, it's usually a day lag. Rarely if / when I post a WIWT that i'll have the time to do it the same day. And I actually work today, which calls for nothing less than a trousers and blazer as appropriate attire.

Comment

• Wow, everybody on this page has some great looks going on, especially the ties and unique belts...I just wish I had more occasions to wear those kind of things more often but it's tough being a college student and not sticking out for being too dressed up haha

Comment

• @Pitt - I used to feel the same way, but if you work a tie in slowly here and there with better fitting clothes, the ladies will notice trust me. It isn't a bad thing to stand out by dressing well. My advice would be to keep the ties slim, and non-silk. Cotton, wool, or linen ties tend to be more casual.

Comment

• @Pitt_10 it would only be weird wearing ties or belts and being more dressed up for the first few times with the people who already know you. Once they are use to it...they'll think you are depressed if you don't wear nicely fitted things! Additionally, since you're in college, people who meet you for the first time will think that is normal attire for you.

Comment

• Hmm looks like my olive knit tie is the only green thing I have in my wardrobe right now. Gloomy day again, but the skies are at least somewhat clear.

Comment

• @Acousticfoodie

Really digging that jacket. What is it?

Comment

• @bere09: It's a BR jacket. I just checked the website...looks like they are sold out of it. But they do have a glen plaid version of it: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=454659002

Comment

Working...
                                X