• Show
Clear All

Modest contribution compared to the suits and ties here

Shirt: J Crew
    Pants: Bonobos
    Belt: Joseph Abboud / Nordstrom Rack
    Shoes: Beckett Simonon longwing
    Socks: Happy Socks
    Wrist wear: Christopher Ward C60 Trident on Hirsch Modena strap, JCF leather bracelet, onyx bracelet

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] first off, I watch Million Dollar Listing all the time, and I think it's totally awesome that you might be on it. Sure, it's a good few degrees of separation, but I'm starstruck.

Also, point taken regarding lapel width. I've given it more thought, and I think I'll likely go with the SuitSupply suit. Right now, I only have two formal shirts that I wear, but they both have 2" collars -- I've never liked that about them, but the fit is so dead on (without any tailoring) that I've let my judgement become (slightly) impaired. Moving forward I'll seek out shirts with more substantial collars that should be able to pair better with the SS option. Keep your eyes open for a post about the best dress affordable dress shirt (lol)!

You're a great style mentor, and your extensive advice and help has been invaluable. Thanks for being part of this community, which is an amazing resource.

Comment

[MENTION=13309]DuFrank[/MENTION] - Solid fit! I only post what I wear to work and a tie is required. I am most comfortable in some jeans and an OCBD.

Comment

Jacket: Bruce Field
          Shirt: ?
          Tie: vintage Lands End
          Pants: BR
          Shoes: Bruno Magli (easy shoes as I have to visit the tailor today for a few pairs of pants)

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
            [MENTION=13309]DuFrank[/MENTION] - Solid fit! I only post what I wear to work and a tie is required. I am most comfortable in some jeans and an OCBD.
            Agreed -- you see most of us posting our daily wears in the office, I wear similar outfits to jeans/chinos + OCBD most of the time on weekends. Plenty of opportunities to show your style in casual wear as well!

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
              Jacket: Bruce Field
              Shirt: ?
              Tie: vintage Lands End
              Pants: BR
              Shoes: Bruno Magli (easy shoes as I have to visit the tailor today for a few pairs of pants)

Love that jacket, pairs nicely with the (wool/flannel?) pants -- I kind of really want a sportcoat in that or a similar pattern, but not sure I'd get enough wear to justify it here in NYC (and wearing suits mostly for work).

Comment

Absolutely loving all the fall you guys are wearing. Here in the Middle East summer isn't relenting.

Jacket: Suitsupply
                Shirt: 1901
                Pants: Luxire
                Shoes: BB by Alden

Comment

Cardigan: F21 Man
                  Shirt: Simon Carter
                  Tie: Calvin Klein slim
                  Bracelet: H&M
                  Pants: H&M
                  Leather-soled monks: O'mario Made in Italy
                  5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

[MENTION=12858]Nleaders[/MENTION] - Great fit. How do you like the luxier pants? I've thought of sending in a pair to get copied but their inventory is a bear to sift through.
                    [MENTION=13476]AsianDapper[/MENTION] - That is a classic look. I really need to look into a cardigan as I usually wear pull over sweaters. Sometimes I just want one for the office for a few hours.

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] They're terrific quality. I've loved everything about them so far. I agree that it's tough to sort through everything they've got, but I knew what I was looking for. These are VBC 110's in charcoal, and I really wanted a nice, working weight, charcoal wool so it was a good choice for me. If you know what you want, then they're really great.

Comment

Lazy Saturday...cool and breezy

Shirt - WorldWide Sportsman - Islamorada FLA
                        T - Apt Nine
                        Jeans - Levi 511
                        Belt - BR?
                        Shades - AO
                        Shoes - Clarkes
                        Time-X

Comment

Trench coat- BR (last year's)
                          T- Nike Tennis
                          Jeans- Uniqlo (Kaihara selvedge for $40!)
                          Boots- Woolrich Yankee
                          Watch- Citizen Eco-drive on a J Crew NATO strap
                          Bracelets- gifts, no brand/local

Comment

When I saw Trench and T shirt in the activity feed I got excited. Would like to see you do that look again with a long, asymmetric white tee, same denim but stacked, and a pair of slim black boots (chelseas or side zips). Really hate that band.

Nleaders, would like to see a slightly longer jacket.

I have nothing to contribute, been in scrubs for the past several months.

Comment

Saturday nights all right....Dinner plans

Suit - H and M.....think the whole suit was $74....great texture and feel for the $$. You can see the texture in photos 2,3 and 4. Had the slacks hemmed no break, sleeves have working buttons so rather then hem, just giving them a quick turn up, so it's definitely a "going out" style of suit as opposed to a business one.
                              Shirt - Neiman Marcus
                              Square - The Tie Bar
                              Belt - BR - Like this belt a lot
                              Boots - John Varvatos
                              Watch - Date Just
                              Last edited by JDI; September 27, 2015, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                                Nleaders, would like to see a slightly longer jacket.
                                I agree, generally speaking. The Washington fit is in their contemporary line, as such it has a shorter tail. I really love peak lapels on a sport coat, so I don't mind the length. I also have the longest torso known to man, so that makes the jacket appear short.

Comment

Working...
                                X