This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sskim3 View Post
    Love it! But I am very sad that this is the first time that you are busting out the seersucker! I know many folks that actually wear them as separates more often than a suit. I feel that seersucker is one the suits that work better as separates than a suit. Besides linen and madras, seersuckers are the 3rd go to fabric that I enjoy in the summer. You have been missing out man...
    I've definitely worn the pants and jacket of this suit separately before - albeit not this summer. I actually have a navy seersucker suit that is my go-to suit in the summer. I've worn that one a few times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      Me today:
      The thought process regarding a seersucker to work today went like this: 1) I own a seersucker suit; 2) I haven't worn it this summer; 3) I'm running out of days where that's even a little acceptable; 4) it's hot; 5) f*ck it. I feel like maybe I should go get some fried chicken for lunch.
      I should have done something like this myself. I too own a seersucker suit and I didn't break it out at all this summer. And damn, it was hot here this year too. Opportunity missed.

Comment

Going out and staying out!

Jacket - JF Jay Ferrar
        Pocket Sq - The Tie Bar
        Shirt - J Crew Popover
        Jeans - Levi's 511
        Belt - Gap
        Shoes - Geoxx
        Watch - Marina Militare

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
          I've definitely worn the pants and jacket of this suit separately before - albeit not this summer. I actually have a navy seersucker suit that is my go-to suit in the summer. I've worn that one a few times this year.
          I love my navy seersucker in the Texas heat. Keeps me cool, but is still muted in appearance. Gets a lot of compliments.
          Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
          Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
          --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
            Going out and staying out!

Jacket - JF Jay Ferrar
            Pocket Sq - The Tie Bar
            Shirt - J Crew Popover
            Jeans - Levi's 511
            Belt - Gap
            Shoes - Geoxx
            Watch - Marina Militare
            Great mix of formal and casual
            Eat what is good for your health but
            Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Client visit...

Suit - Combatant Gent
              Shirt - Black and Brown
              Tie/Bar/Pocket - The Tie Bar
              Belt - Mark and Company
              Socks - Tommy Bahama
              Shoes - Kenneth Cole
              Time-X

Comment

Somewhere between business casual and "screw this I want to be a basic white girl sipping pumpkin spice lattes in the woods."

JCF shirt, vest, and cords, Schnee's boots, Timex watch.
                Ben

Comment

Over 90 degrees here today. Get out of here with that quilted vest and bean boots nonsense.

But looks good.

Comment

I feel purple ties are underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                      Somewhere between business casual and "screw this I want to be a basic white girl sipping pumpkin spice lattes in the woods."
                      I like that vest. A lot. I have it, but have only worn it once or twice. I'm never quite sure what to pair it with without looking like I'm trying too hard to pull off a wearing a vest. Your look works. Have you ever paired it under a white or light blue OCBD? (I don't wear too many patterned button ups and generally default to an OCBD, t-shirt, or sweater on weekends).

I also never wear it because I'm in Georgia, and it won't be vest/jacket/flannel weather until November.

Comment

Day 2...

Suit - Combatant Gent
                        Shirt - Black and Brown
                        Tie/Clip/Square - eBay
                        Shoes - Steve Madden
                        Watch - Orient

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                          Purple and burgundy ties are my go-to's -- they pretty much go with any of the traditional business colors of suits (grey, navy, charcoal) and look good when doing so.

Also, very nice look with the striped shirt. Most of my striped shirts went to goodwill (too old / didn't fit), but that one has me wanting a few in the wardrobe.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            Purple and burgundy ties are my go-to's -- they pretty much go with any of the traditional business colors of suits (grey, navy, charcoal) and look good when doing so.

Also, very nice look with the striped shirt. Most of my striped shirts went to goodwill (too old / didn't fit), but that one has me wanting a few in the wardrobe.
                            Purple and burgundy ties get a ton of play for me too

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

I wore a purple tie on my wedding day. It's one of my favorites--no for sentimental reasons, but because it goes well with almost everything and doesn't stand out in a bad way.

By the way, is that a Ludlow?

Comment

[MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] nice outfit. Well played sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X