X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post

Tieless today for a change.

EDIT: [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] I've barlaced my oxfords for a week. It certainly takes more time to tighten them. Unfortunately morning is my most important time and I don't know if I can continue sacrificing an extra minute in the morning. It would be nice to have an extra minute in the morning, not one fewer. However, I'm going to stay with it for a little while longer and may make the permanent switch.
    Great suit, but I always shy away from brown shoes with Charcoal suits...better with Burg or Black.

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
      Great suit, but I always shy away from brown shoes with Charcoal suits...better with Burg or Black.
      Agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
        Road again....

Suit - Combatant Gent Sharkskin
        Shirt - Neiman Marcus
        Tie/Bar - The Tie Bar
        Belt - Trafalgar Cortina
        Watch - Citizen
        Shoes - BR Single Monks
        Wore something very similar last week - same suit and shoes. Shirt was a CT taupe gingham, tie was a CG small floral with some burgundy in it, and a burgundy belt from Orion. Nice to see it on someone else to see how it looks. I'll see if I can get a picture up to share.

Comment

Never done this before.. just a little selfie before heading out to dinner with the lady. Feel the sleeves on this blazer still need to be shortened a bit. Thoughts?

http://imgur.com/LneVe7F

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
            Never done this before.. just a little selfie before heading out to dinner with the lady. Feel the sleeves on this blazer still need to be shortened a bit. Thoughts?

http://imgur.com/LneVe7F
            Agree. Sleeves could be touched up a tad.

Comment

Not too late to wear gingham and never too late to wear suede (weather permitting, of course)

Shirt: JCF
              Sweater: JC (extra fine merino)
              Pants: Paisely and Gray Chambray (via JackThreads)
              Socks: BR
              Shoes: Bass
              Watch: Timex w/ FormFunctionForm horween veg tan strap

Comment

Originally posted by xKMAN83x View Post
                Yeah, they look a bit long.

Comment

[MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION], I'm diggin' each of those ties. Nice looks.

Here's a few business looks from the past week or so - sorry for the crappy pics (always at the end of the day, and always rushed):

Suit: JC Ludlow - peak lapel wool-cotton
                  Shirt: Kamakura
                  Tie: Charvet
                  PS: JC
                  Shoes: Wall + Water polo suede tassel loafer

Suit: SS Napoli medium blue glen plaid (looks navy, but pic with watch is probably most accurate color)
                  Shirt: CT
                  Tie: BR
                  PS: Kamakura white linen
                  Shoes: Carmina brown semi-brogue

Suit: SS Napoli navy
                  Shirt: Kamakura
                  Tie: Hugo Boss (this is at least 15 yrs old)
                  PS: Vanda Fine Clothing
                  Shoes: Meermin LM adelaide black

Comment

Those are some solid fits! I bought some new pants recently but don't want to swallow a huge tailoring bill.

Comment

Me today:

Suit: Bonobos
                      Shirt: Blank Label
                      Shoes: Barney's
                      Tie: The Knottery
                      Tie bar: The Tie Bar

The thought process regarding a seersucker to work today went like this: 1) I own a seersucker suit; 2) I haven't worn it this summer; 3) I'm running out of days where that's even a little acceptable; 4) it's hot; 5) f*ck it. I feel like maybe I should go get some fried chicken for lunch.

Comment

I've never done this before, but I had an interview today with a tech company and wore this. (Wife took the picture)

Shirt- Macys Bar III
                        Suit coat - JCF Thompson in worsted wool
                        jeans - Levis 511
                        Shoes - clarks bushacre
                        Smile - my mama
                        Last edited by Danny; September 3, 2015, 09:46 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] what was the reception? I love it by the way [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] - great first WIWT post!

Comment

Good first post Danny!

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                              [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] what was the reception? I love it by the way [MENTION=14386]Danny[/MENTION] - great first WIWT post!
                              Thanks. The reception was fine. Muted, actually. The only comment I got was something to the effect of "really getting the 'white before labor day' in under the wire, huh?" I think the relatively limited notice was partly because the office was fairly sparsely attended today, partly because I spent a good portion of the day without the jacket on, and partly because there's a partner in my office who wears seersucker fairly regularly throughout the summer (so it's not totally out of left field). In fact, at one point, as I was walking into my office and he was down the hall on his phone (wearing a natty linen outfit, actually), we gave each other the old arched-brow bro nod.

I think carrying the outfit like it wasn't out of the ordinary helped. You kinda just have to sell it sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                                Thanks. The reception was fine. Muted, actually. The only comment I got was something to the effect of "really getting the 'white before labor day' in under the wire, huh?" I think the relatively limited notice was partly because the office was fairly sparsely attended today, partly because I spent a good portion of the day without the jacket on, and partly because there's a partner in my office who wears seersucker fairly regularly throughout the summer (so it's not totally out of left field). In fact, at one point, as I was walking into my office and he was down the hall on his phone (wearing a natty linen outfit, actually), we gave each other the old arched-brow bro nod.

I think carrying the outfit like it wasn't out of the ordinary helped. You kinda just have to sell it sometimes.
                                Love it! But I am very sad that this is the first time that you are busting out the seersucker! I know many folks that actually wear them as separates more often than a suit. I feel that seersucker is one the suits that work better as separates than a suit. Besides linen and madras, seersuckers are the 3rd go to fabric that I enjoy in the summer. You have been missing out man...

Comment

Working...
                                X