Clear All

Suit-Combatant Gentleman
    Shirt --Charles Tyrwhitt
    Tie--Charles Tyrwhitt
    Shoes--Johnston and Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
      Digging those shoes.

Thanks for the tip on the belts. I usually stay away from webbing belts because of the d-rings, but that buckle looks promising.

Shoes were an in store steal for $37....crazy. Correct, the buckle is a feed through, not the typical D ring wrap and lock....that's why I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        Yea Tailored Slim. Most are from 2012-2013 when TS was one of their major lines, now it looks like they don't have too many options. After measuring a few pairs, I feel like a few brands have a similar fit though the thigh area could be slightly looser for comfort.
        Are you saying that other brands could be looser, or that the BRs could be? I have a couple of pairs of tailored slim pants, and I would love them except that they sometimes feel painted onto my thighs. The Bowery classics from J. Crew would be great if they had a slightly higher rise and an inseam longer than 34. What other similar fits have you found?

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
          Are you saying that other brands could be looser, or that the BRs could be? I have a couple of pairs of tailored slim pants, and I would love them except that they sometimes feel painted onto my thighs. The Bowery classics from J. Crew would be great if they had a slightly higher rise and an inseam longer than 34. What other similar fits have you found?
          I have branched out from normal Dappered brands looking for pants that fit. My wife and FIL got me to go to Dillard's over the weekend as they were having a huge sale plus we get like 25% off for some reason. I ended up buying 4 pairs as they were something like $20 each and I couldn't pass them up. Daniel Cremieux and Hart Schaffner & Marx. The DC have a slightly "relaxed" sort of fit where the thighs are slightly bigger but still slim with a nice slightly higher rise. The knee down will need to be tapered a little and the bottom hemmed. The HSM are more "relaxed" but they are a linen/wool blend which I will use next year but overall I liked them for the price.

Are they the best? No. The DC are a blend fabric (some may be 100% wool) but I like that as they resist wrinkles and keep a crease longer. The HSM are linen/wool. They also don't offer a variety of #menswear shades of gray and most end up having a pattern. I feel they will add something other than boring solids which currently fill my closet.

I am still on the lookout though for a brand which will offer a good variety of grays, I think an 11" thigh, then a 8.5" leg opening. I will say my BR TS pants have fit better after doing more lunges to help with hill running. I figured they would fit tighter but actually a little looser as I must have toned up.

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
            I am a big fan of the TS at BR. I'm surprised you think the Bowery's are more roomy, as I have never tried them because the leg opening makes it sound like they are basically slim pants. The Tailored Slim are more like a slim-straight dress pant, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
              I am a big fan of the TS at BR. I'm surprised you think the Bowery's are more roomy, as I have never tried them because the leg opening makes it sound like they are basically slim pants. The Tailored Slim are more like a slim-straight dress pant, IMO.
              I've noticed that the J. Crew website says that the Bower Classics have a 15.5 inch leg opening, based on a 32x32. I suspect that's a mistake. I can confirm many times, and as recently as last month, that the opening on the 32x34 is 16.5 inches. I'd be surprised if they taper it differently for a shorter inseam.

These measurements are consistent with my experience:

http://i.imgur.com/D18WGBM.jpg

Of course, it's possible that J. Crew updated their fits and that I received old stock.

Comment

Having such a low front rise adds to the shirt bulge in the front when sitting down. In higher rises, the shirt stays tucked in meaning less time I spend adjusting my shirt after moving around.

Comment

Road..

Suit - Mark Anthony
                  Shirt - Nordstrom
                  Tie/Bar - The Tie Bar
                  Pocket - eBay
                  Belt - Perry Ellis
                  Shoes - Steve Madden
                  Watch - Orient

Comment

Tieless today for a change.

EDIT: [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] I've barlaced my oxfords for a week. It certainly takes more time to tighten them. Unfortunately morning is my most important time and I don't know if I can continue sacrificing an extra minute in the morning. It would be nice to have an extra minute in the morning, not one fewer. However, I'm going to stay with it for a little while longer and may make the permanent switch.
                    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

First day of Fall

5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Uniqlo coat
                        Ralph Lauren outlet t
                        Gap broken in chinos
                        Addidas bros
                        Seiko
                        Kenneth Cole reaction glasses from ross

Comment

Neos not bros, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                            First day of Fall

Tie bar is a nice splash puff color there. Great outfit

Comment

Originally posted by carlos.martin.es View Post
                              Tie bar is a nice splash puff color there. Great outfit
                              Thank you sir!

I was thinking of just using a plain red pocket square to bring out the pop of color (because the dots of the tie are red) but it turned out not too bad.
                              5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Road again....

Suit - Combatant Gent Sharkskin
                                Shirt - Neiman Marcus
                                Tie/Bar - The Tie Bar
                                Belt - Trafalgar Cortina
                                Watch - Citizen
                                Shoes - BR Single Monks
                                Last edited by JDI; September 2, 2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X