• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post

Suit: Suitsupply Hudson
    Shoes: Meermin
    Tie: Brooks Brothers
    Shirt: Suitsupply
    The pose makes you look like a mannequin... but I really like the tie + striped shirt.

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] - That suit makes me want one with patch pockets. It has just taken time for me to come around to patch pockets but now I am a believer.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        [MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] - That suit makes me want one with patch pockets. It has just taken time for me to come around to patch pockets but now I am a believer.
        That's a good one too start with. The wool/cotton Hudson. It's basically a blazer with matching pants.
        My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

That's a good one too start with. The wool/cotton Hudson. It's basically a blazer with matching pants.
          I am planning on getting the hudson in gray plain next week. How do you like the fit on that suit? I have a napoli that was nearly perfect otr.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha King View Post
            I am planning on getting the hudson in gray plain next week. How do you like the fit on that suit? I have a napoli that was nearly perfect otr.
            The Hudson is much slimmer. If the Napoli is nearly perfect you might have to size up. I'd order your Napoli size and your Napoli size +1.

Grey isn't going to allow you to get all the versatility out of the suit. Hudsons make very good sportcoats, split up. With grey that's not much of an option. If you're okay with that, then great. I do love the charcoal flannel Hudson that was recently released.

Comment

The Hudson is much slimmer. If the Napoli is nearly perfect you might have to size up. I'd order your Napoli size and your Napoli size +1.

Grey isn't going to allow you to get all the versatility out of the suit. Hudsons make very good sportcoats, split up. With grey that's not much of an option. If you're okay with that, then great. I do love the charcoal flannel Hudson that was recently released.
              Yeah, the wool flannel. That's the one.

Comment

It's beautiful. If I didn't live in southern california it would be hard to resist.

Comment

Jacket fitting and stitching is good, it appears you are wearing two button collar shirt.
                  Eat what is good for your health but
                  Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Do you not bar lace your oxfords for the same reason you tie your tie that way?

Comment

I don't care for the patch pockets, I don't think they look great in a suit. I understand the jacket has more versatilty because you can wear it separately. I think the suit fit quite good even though I see there's a collar gap
                      Last edited by sogno; August 25, 2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                        What do you mean about the tie knot? It looks like a straightforward four-in-hand to me, with a asymmetrical dimple (which is pretty common, I thought- I use it often).

I bar lace some oxfords and some I don't, personally. I kinda just decide on a whim.

Comment

FWIW, I never bar lace my oxfords. I lace mine the way he did in that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                            I lace my shoes in that fashion for ease of tightening.

I tie my knot that way because the Windsor knots are ugly.

Too separate reasons.

Comment

The only shoes I have bar laced are my black cap toe AE oxfords and I only wear those to weddings/funerals. All of my other shoes are normally laced.

Comment

I always bar lace my shoes - my black captoe derby and my chestnut longwings.
                                I guess it's just personal preference and, as always, rule not set in stone.
                                5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Working...
                                X