Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the jacket is fine for the pants. Looks good though I will say the pants might be a little short.

Comment

Originally posted by sogno View Post

What is the fabric of the jacket?

I think the pieces are all fine together (yes the pants are a tad short for my taste, but I know that is the fashion right now). I like the chocolate loafers and the olive chinos. I would have just poofed up the pocket square to keep the look a little less serious (i.e. no socks, no tie, button down collar all say "relax", but the square looks fussed with).

I also think the jacket looks a bit large in the shoulders and a tad long. I know it looks like it is hitting at your crotch, which it should, but maybe the camera angle is playing tricks but it looks like it is shortening your legs (or maybe that is the short pants/no socks effect?)

Comment

thanks for the feedback.
        Why do you say the jackets is too formal for the pants? The jacket is as casual as you can get, very soft construction, no shoulder pads, patch pockets and contrasting buttons.
        Consider the loafers have a quite forward ( for a lack of better words) vamp so they can give the impression of being too short. In order to touch the vamp of the shoes, the pants should have a huge break
        Now that I go back and look at the close up picture of your jacket from another post, it is informal and works well with the pant color. But once you take the whole fit in, I feel the low vamp mixed with the pants length doesn't work in my mind with the rest of the fit.

I guess it is a little dandy for me and Charlesg wears similar fits and admits to being a dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
          What is the fabric of the jacket?

I think the pieces are all fine together (yes the pants are a tad short for my taste, but I know that is the fashion right now). I like the chocolate loafers and the olive chinos. I would have just poofed up the pocket square to keep the look a little less serious (i.e. no socks, no tie, button down collar all say "relax", but the square looks fussed with).

I also think the jacket looks a bit large in the shoulders and a tad long. I know it looks like it is hitting at your crotch, which it should, but maybe the camera angle is playing tricks but it looks like it is shortening your legs (or maybe that is the short pants/no socks effect?)
          Hi
          the fabrics is hopsack.
          It's funny you say the pocket square looks arranged ( if I understood correctly) because I puffed it in the pocket without any thought and without looking it at the mirror.
          Also I would like to know what you mean with the jacket being too large at the shoulder. The shoulder seems hit right at the edge of the shoulders.
          No way the jacket might be too long. It just barely covers my butt, infact the jacket might be a little short. My legs look short because I have short legs and I'm just 5ft7in.

Comment

Hi
            the fabrics is hopsack.
            It's funny you say the pocket square looks arranged ( if I understood correctly) because I puffed it in the pocket without any thought and without looking it at the mirror.
            Also I would like to know what you mean with the jacket being too large at the shoulder. The shoulder seems hit right at the edge of the shoulders.
            No way the jacket might be too long. It just barely covers my butt, infact the jacket might be a little short. My legs look short because I have short legs and I'm just 5ft7in.
            I actually like the jacket a lot. You don't have a link to it by chance to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
              I actually like the jacket a lot. You don't have a link to it by chance to you?
              thank you
              this a better pic of the jacket:
              http://i.imgur.com/FztJoH3.jpg?1
              the jacket is bespoke

Comment

thank you
                this a better pic of the jacket:
                http://i.imgur.com/FztJoH3.jpg?1
                the jacket is bespoke
                I'm with you on the jacket now -- in the prior pics there wasn't enough detail on the texture (from too far away), so it looked like a clean/solid blue hue so more formal. And obviously we're giving constructive criticism on minute details; overall I think it's a very solid look!

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                  I'm with you on the jacket now -- in the prior pics there wasn't enough detail on the texture (from too far away), so it looked like a clean/solid blue hue so more formal. And obviously we're giving constructive criticism on minute details; overall I think it's a very solid look!
                  thank you.
                  The texture is very rough as you can see from this closeup pic:
                  http://i.imgur.com/dC4EIrA.jpg

Comment

This looks great. A no break hem creates a cropped look with loafers, which I like. I can't find one fault. I would prefer it with dressier trousers and a tie, but that's not what you're going for.
                    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

If you don't like the overall style of the look, that is one thing, but the fit is spot on. The jacket could not fit any better in any aspect. Shoulders, sleeves, and length are perfect. The pants may look a bit short for some, but for a no break fit, they are correct.

Personally, I like all of it.

Comment

What loafers are those?
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by fiftyforfifty View Post
                          Suit in first pic is really good, awesome contrast with tie, but I feel something is wrong with tip of collar of white shirt.
                          Good eye!

Yeah, I don't know why it is bending a bit at the very end because I iron it the same way I iron all my dress shirts.
                          5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                            This looks great. A no break hem creates a cropped look with loafers, which I like. I can't find one fault. I would prefer it with dressier trousers and a tie, but that's not what you're going for.
                            I like it. While it's not something I could/would wear, I see no issues with fit or otherwise. Well done. Also looks taller than the stated 5'7", I would have guessed closer to 6'. Making his slim build work with the fit of the clothes to create an illusion of taller.

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                              Originally posted by connersw View Post
                              If you don't like the overall style of the look, that is one thing, but the fit is spot on. The jacket could not fit any better in any aspect. Shoulders, sleeves, and length are perfect. The pants may look a bit short for some, but for a no break fit, they are correct.

Personally, I like all of it.
                              I usually don't like the no break on my trousers, I always aim for a slight break, but with these kind of shoes with the vamp so low is basically impossible to have a break, unless you have overly long trousers. With all the other shoes I own those chinos create a slight break.
                              Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              What loafers are those?
                              loake eton

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                              I like it. While it's not something I could/would wear, I see no issues with fit or otherwise. Well done. Also looks taller than the stated 5'7", I would have guessed closer to 6'. Making his slim build work with the fit of the clothes to create an illusion of taller.
                              I wish I was 6ft!

Comment

Suit: Suitsupply Hudson
                                Shoes: Meermin
                                Tie: Brooks Brothers
                                Shirt: Suitsupply
                                My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Working...
                                X