Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The colors of the day

    Comment


      [MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] - Those shoes are classic, but you need a belt.

      [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] - Every time you post a picture of that suit, you make me go to the CG website to see if they've restocked it in my size yet. Every time, I'm disappointed that they haven't. Then I spend another 3-minutes browsing around their site to see if they even have anything worthwhile in a normal size. Every time, they never do. Not sure why even bother going to their site anymore. I am jealous you were able to snag that suit though. Looks super sharp.

      Comment


        Originally posted by connersw View Post
        [MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] - Those shoes are classic, but you need a belt.

        [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] - Every time you post a picture of that suit, you make me go to the CG website to see if they've restocked it in my size yet. Every time, I'm disappointed that they haven't. Then I spend another 3-minutes browsing around their site to see if they even have anything worthwhile in a normal size. Every time, they never do. Not sure why even bother going to their site anymore. I am jealous you were able to snag that suit though. Looks super sharp.

        Thanks, this one is brand new, first time wear for me. This one is the new "Slate Sharkskin Slim", the other I own is the "Blue Slim". Both are super quality for the $$. Highly recommended

        Comment


          Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          Fe-fe-fe-FEENY! I'd hem those pants a bit shorter and press a crease into them, your jacket and shirt deserve it. Really solid look though

          JDI, you're making the most of that suit, I'm super impressed. Color is great.

          Ambrot and jmhuang, solid looks.



          I've been in scrubs the past two weeks.

          Thanks LR, I love this new suit as well.

          Comment


            Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post



            Shirt - Target Merona
            Pants - J.Crew
            Socks - JCF
            Shoes - Nike
            I have these Killshots too. They look great with everything.

            Comment


              [MENTION=2673]Kooky[/MENTION] yeah it took me so long to buy them. I held off until a couple of months ago but I really like them from both a style and comfort level

              Comment


                I was wearing a pair of white canvas Sperry's for the summer but they refused to break in despite anything I could do. I swapped them last week for the Nike's and everything is shiny.

                Comment


                  WIWT

                  I'd appreciate feedback on this getup I wore to work today. It seemed ok at home, but now I think the color combos may not work. The pants were advertised as light grey, but looked more blue when I put them on. The belt is coming out much darker in the photo than it actually is.







                  https://m.imgur.com/a/zYbzG
                  Last edited by nodeal; August 12, 2015, 05:28 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by nodeal View Post
                    I'd appreciate feedback on this getup I wore to work today. It seemed ok at home, but now I think the color combos may not work. The pants were advertised as light grey, but looked more blue when I put them on. The belt is coming out much darker in the photo than it actually is.





                    https://m.imgur.com/a/zYbzG
                    No I think the colors work out fine. I think the captoe wholecuts might be a bit too dressy though. A wingtip or blucher woulda been more appropriate for the non-creased pants and whimsical colors (which I am digging, BTW). Oh yeah, and the chili color of the shoe looks great with those pants IMO. Warm color of red/brown looks great up against a cooler blue/grey.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by nodeal View Post
                      I'd appreciate feedback on this getup I wore to work today. It seemed ok at home, but now I think the color combos may not work. The pants were advertised as light grey, but looked more blue when I put them on. The belt is coming out much darker in the photo than it actually is.
                      https://m.imgur.com/a/zYbzG
                      Colors are fine. It wouldn't hurt to take a trip to the tailor and have him take that shirt in a bit. Have you thought about buying slimmer fitting shirts; your pants are certainly slim.
                      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

                      Comment


                        WIWT

                        Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                        Colors are fine. It wouldn't hurt to take a trip to the tailor and have him take that shirt in a bit. Have you thought about buying slimmer fitting shirts; your pants are certainly slim.
                        Thanks. That's a Charles Tyrwhitt slim shirt. I was surprised with how baggy it is. I've been trying to buy more slim fitting clothes, but I'm hesitant to go to an extra slim CT since I assume the arms will be tighter. . I haven't taken the effort to visit a tailor yet.

                        Do you think those pants are too slim for an office? I was borderline on whether or not to keep them, but the wife cast the deciding vote.
                        Last edited by nodeal; August 12, 2015, 09:56 PM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by nodeal View Post
                          Thanks. That's a Charles Tyrwhitt slim shirt. I was surprised with how baggy it is. I've been trying to buy more slim fitting clothes, but I'm hesitant to go to an extra slim CT since I assume the arms will be tighter. . I haven't taken the effort to visit a tailor yet.

                          Do you think those pants are too slim for an office? I was borderline on whether or not to keep them, but the wife cast the deciding vote.
                          They are not too tight. They look fine, just tighten up the shirt. The CT extra slims are very slim. I don't know if the arms are different or not though.
                          My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                            That looks very nice. I've seen one combatant gentleman suit in person. It was the double breasted model. It was worn to my wedding by one of our guests. I was surprised at the quality based on the price.


                            CG just released a new dual stripe navy pinstripe suit. Picked it up for $187 shipped with 15% off. All sizes available right now! Find it in the Modern Fit section. http://cmb.gt/x/KI8iY1

                            Comment


                              Any thoughts on what size CG suit I might need? I am thinking about the blue sharkskin but not sure if the CG slim fit will work for me.

                              I tried a CG slim travel cotton sport coat in 38s...shoulder width was perfect; waist was a bit big but OK; but I could not lift my arms at all.

                              For reference, a SS Havana 38s is a perfect fit but the 38r Havana is really tight in the waist.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by nodeal View Post
                                I'd appreciate feedback on this getup I wore to work today. It seemed ok at home, but now I think the color combos may not work. The pants were advertised as light grey, but looked more blue when I put them on. The belt is coming out much darker in the photo than it actually is.
                                A lot of the color issues may be bad office lighting.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X