Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so today was going to be the day I remembered to take a fit-pic for the first time, but I forgot... maybe tomorrow? And what a shame it was- as a reasonably vocal "no nothern lights, no navy pants not part of a suit!" person here, today I happened to be wearing a white polo and navy cotton/linen pants that, yes, were in fact part of a suit. I was planning on reveling in the irony (or hypocrisy, if you're not feeling charitable).

Excuses having been laid to rest, allow me to make un-requested comments. [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] - I think up top and on the feet, you're killing it, but I can't help but think pants that fit a little fuller and possessed just a slightly higher rise (not sty-fo igent high but higher than bonobos allows) would serve you so much better.
    [MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] - bravo! bra-[REDACTED]-vo! (slight bias- I have white tretorns with the navy details and they are magnificent)
    Last edited by PekkaKarhunen; July 30, 2015, 08:49 PM. Reason: always the typos ... it's my curse
    --

I'm here mostly to keep my mouth shut and learn a thing or two.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
      Causal day at the office. My apologies for the poor quality.

Shirt & Pants: J. Crew Factory
      Sunglasses: Warby Parker
      Shoes: Tretorn
      Love the shoes. Which ones are they? Also, I like how the all white shoes look on you, but I am very pale skinned and was wondering if perhaps it would not look as nice without that color contrast. Thoughts?

Comment

[MENTION=12027]pmestrad[/MENTION]. Thanks man, they are the white canvas option. I got them toward the beginning of summer through Amazon and they have been my easy go to this summer. For this particular outfit, the contrast works great because of the navy jeans. You'd def be able to pull it off. Seen a lot of guys with skin fairer than mine wear them and they still look real solid.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisonbarrett View Post
          Causal day at the office. My apologies for the poor quality.

Shirt & Pants: J. Crew Factory
          Sunglasses: Warby Parker
          Shoes: Tretorn
          The entire outfit is cool and comfy
          Eat what is good for your health but
          Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
            Thanks. It looks great. Never thought it would be this hard to find a Hopsack blazer, but I've been struggling to find one that hits all the marks.
            are you looking for an hopsack jacket because you need a summer jacket? Or because you like the texture? If you are looking for a summer jacket I advise you to look for linen jackets. They are much easier to find them rtw, hopsack is harder.

Comment

No, I have a casual cotton blazer that gets action with Chinos and Jeans, was looking for a versatile jacket fabric that I could wear hopefully year round (live in NC--temperature stays pretty moderate and I run pretty hot anyways) with dressed up chinos (JCrew Bowery) and then also grey wool pants. Was thinking a hopsack jacket would hit all the check marks vs. a worsted wool. My work is very casual so never need one for work, but would still like to find a versatile jacket I could dress up or down to wear on the weekends on date nights, events, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PekkaKarhunen View Post
                Ok, so today was going to be the day I remembered to take a fit-pic for the first time, but I forgot... maybe tomorrow? And what a shame it was- as a reasonably vocal "no nothern lights, no navy pants not part of a suit!" person here, today I happened to be wearing a white polo and navy cotton/linen pants that, yes, were in fact part of a suit. I was planning on reveling in the irony (or hypocrisy, if you're not feeling charitable).

Excuses having been laid to rest, allow me to make un-requested comments. [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION] - I think up top and on the feet, you're killing it, but I can't help but think pants that fit a little fuller and possessed just a slightly higher rise (not sty-fo igent high but higher than bonobos allows) would serve you so much better.
                [MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] - bravo! bra-[REDACTED]-vo! (slight bias- I have white tretorns with the navy details and they are magnificent)
                I think that's a fair take. This suit is Bonobos' slim fit, which ordinarily wouldn't be my preference, but for the price, it was not something I could pass up. I think the slimness would also be slightly less pronounced with a lower profile shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperedHoo View Post
                  No, I have a casual cotton blazer that gets action with Chinos and Jeans, was looking for a versatile jacket fabric that I could wear hopefully year round (live in NC--temperature stays pretty moderate and I run pretty hot anyways) with dressed up chinos (JCrew Bowery) and then also grey wool pants. Was thinking a hopsack jacket would hit all the check marks vs. a worsted wool. My work is very casual so never need one for work, but would still like to find a versatile jacket I could dress up or down to wear on the weekends on date nights, events, etc.
                  depending on the weight hopsack is not suited for winter. Usually hopsack is a very light fabric, mine is 9-10oz. I know there are heavier weight hopsack fabrics, but my tailor and friend, said hopsack is almost exclusively a summer fabric, because it is airier than linen. You don't want so much air flow in winter. Being a summer fabric, hopsack would look weird in winter, like linen.
                  Unfortunately I discovered years ago 4seasons fabric just don't exist.

Comment

It's Friday! Keeping it casual today.

Shirt: Star Wars!
                    Joggers: AZ
                    Shoes: Call It Spring

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=14254]sogno[/MENTION]. Yeah, may have been wishful thinking that I could get by with one main Navy jacket for all seasons. I really just don't wear jackets enough to justify one for all seasons, at least right now. Maybe that will change some day.

Comment

Originally posted by ndintel View Post

It's Friday! Keeping it casual today.

Shirt: Star Wars!
                        Joggers: AZ
                        Shoes: Call It Spring
                        I like your Star wars shirt, its really cool.
                        Eat what is good for your health but
                        Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=14258]fiftyforfifty[/MENTION]! To be honest....I got the most compliments I've ever had while wearing this shirt! Every other person had something to nice to say about it. Luckily there are plenty out there in just about every store. Just got lucky and picked the graphic tee that had a hint of fasihon (floral) but a style that will never die (Star Wars!)

Comment

Monday blues & greens
                            Shirt: J.Crew Turquoise micro-gingham
                            Pants: J.Crew 'Caravan Blue' or Bluebird in urban slim fit
                            Shoes: Kenton Suede Bucks in 'Boulder'

Comment

Wedding this past weekend, and my first submission to this forum. Be gentle.

Suit: JCF Seersucker
                              Shirt: Uniqlo
                              Tie: English Laundry
                              Tie Bar: JCF
                              Pocket Square: Goodwill
                              Shoes: Cole Haan Preston

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

[MENTION=11794]jharrisonbarrett[/MENTION] - Love the fit. The shoes look like they are buckling out though.
                                [MENTION=13969]BillN[/MENTION] - Looks good other than the indoor light throwing off the colors. The orange tie seems a little bold for a wedding but nothing wild and pea cocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X