• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shirt : BR
    shorts : Dockers
    shoes : Cole Hann
    watch : RGM chrono

Family reunion today, 90 deg and sunny (probably should add some shades)

Comment

Originally posted by JPK4242 View Post
      Is that coat the Havana fit from SS? I'm thinking of getting a suit or jacket but not sure if which fit to get without trying it on.
      Looks like a Havana to me. What are your needs? If you want a suit that can double as a sport coat, the Havana is great. I prefer the Hudson with its larger lapels, but this is a matter of personal preference. Both have natural shoulders and patch pockets.

If you want a true suit I would recommend a lazio or Sienna. The lazio has lightly padded shoulders, wide lapels, and is cut from fabric that is very nice but also durable.

The sienna is cut from mostly S130 wool, which sacrifices durability for luxury. The cut has slim lapels, natural shoulders, and a ticket pocket.

The Washington has padded shoulders, a ticket pocket, and peak lapels. It's kind of a poor man's Tom Ford. I love the Washington cut, but would probably not buy it as a first or second suit.

If you want a sport coat the Havana and Hudson are basically the top halves of their suit counter parts. The one difference is all Havana sport costs are half line or unlined. Only a couple of their suits are. Hudson is always fully lined.

Then there are three double breasted, which you may want to consider once you have 5 or 6 suits already. Both double breasted suits double as sport costs fairly well.
      My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
        Thanks.
        Here's a leftover WIWT from last Friday, attending depositions. Forgot to take a shoe pic but I think I was wearing the same Florsheims as today.

SS jacket, JC shirt, LE tie, chinos, and belt.
        Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
        Looks like a Havana to me. What are your needs? If you want a suit that can double as a sport coat, the Havana is great. I prefer the Hudson with its larger lapels, but this is a matter of personal preference. Both have natural shoulders and patch pockets.

If you want a true suit I would recommend a lazio or Sienna. The lazio has lightly padded shoulders, wide lapels, and is cut from fabric that is very nice but also durable.

The sienna is cut from mostly S130 wool, which sacrifices durability for luxury. The cut has slim lapels, natural shoulders, and a ticket pocket.

The Washington has padded shoulders, a ticket pocket, and peak lapels. It's kind of a poor man's Tom Ford. I love the Washington cut, but would probably not buy it as a first or second suit.

If you want a sport coat the Havana and Hudson are basically the top halves of their suit counter parts. The one difference is all Havana sport costs are half line or unlined. Only a couple of their suits are. Hudson is always fully lined.

Then there are three double breasted, which you may want to consider once you have 5 or 6 suits already. Both double breasted suits double as sport costs fairly well.
        Thankyou for all the info! That was very helpful. I tend to wear sports coats a ton but rarely put on a suit. I have an OTR navy suit that I picked up from Macy's a few years ago and have worn it only a handful of times. Mostly for weddings and funerals. I was thinking that the Havana everyday blue travel suit might be a more versatile suit for me that I could dress up or down a bit depending on the event. I like that the blue is a bit lighter than the formality of a dark navy.

Comment

[MENTION=14255]thecharlesg[/MENTION] is right, it's a Havana jacket.
          Ben

Comment

Outdoor wine pairing/tasting at neighbors.

Shirt - Forever 21
            Shorts - J Crew
            Belt - BR
            Loafers - Bruno Magli
            Watch - Marina Militare

Comment

All are awesome.
              Eat what is good for your health but
              Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Trying out charcoal pants on someone's recommendation from last time.

SuSu/Hugo Boss/Drake's/BR/Carmina

Comment

shirt - BR classic / medium
                  pants - Haggar cool 18 / straights
                  shoes - J&M
                  watch - Epos Regulateur

I just couldn't put a jacket on today.... 90 degrees out there!

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    Trying out charcoal pants on someone's recommendation from last time.

SuSu/Hugo Boss/Drake's/BR/Carmina

Awesome look! I love that coat color. If you don't mind me asking, what style and size is the SuSu??

Comment

[MENTION=14235]JPK4242[/MENTION] - Your fit today is by far the best one you have posted. The colors bounce around a bit with the lighting, but the only thing I would possibly change in the selection is maybe dark brown shoes instead of black (I do like the blucher brogues though). Fixing your gig line and possibly sizing down a size on the shirt would give a sharper appearance as well.

Much better than the horizontal striped shirt you posted the other day. That shirt would be unflattering on 95% of the population--I would recommend getting rid of it. http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-stripe-shirts

Comment

Originally posted by thecharlesg View Post
                        This is super sharp. It's obvious you are a classy dresser; however, I'd recommend you tie your knot with a full-windsor. It looks like you are using a four-in-hand on all your fits. Since you seem to prefer a spread collar, a full-windsor will give you a more substantial knot that is also more symmetrical.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                          [MENTION=14235]JPK4242[/MENTION] - Your fit today is by far the best one you have posted. The colors bounce around a bit with the lighting, but the only thing I would possibly change in the selection is maybe dark brown shoes instead of black (I do like the blucher brogues though). Fixing your gig line and possibly sizing down a size on the shirt would give a sharper appearance as well.

Much better than the horizontal striped shirt you posted the other day. That shirt would be unflattering on 95% of the population--I would recommend getting rid of it. http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-stripe-shirts
                          Thanks a ton for the feedback! Sorry for the ignorance but what is a 'gig line'? I think I may try the slim cut versus the classic cut with the BR shirt. Maybe that will have a cleaner appearance? I wear a tie to the office and the medium seems to be the right neck size. I'm afraid sizing down to a small may be too constricting neck wise. I'll definitely take the advice regarding the striped polo. I was considering picking up a striped rugby shirt this fall but it sounds like avoiding horizontal stripes is the way to go?

Comment

Originally posted by JPK4242 View Post
                            Awesome look! I love that coat color. If you don't mind me asking, what style and size is the SuSu??
                            Washington in silk/linen/wool in a 42L. I tried a 40L but the 42L just felt better. I am a 40R in some and a 42L in some. I look more based on measurements than sizes since some brands can even be in the 38 range.

This is super sharp. It's obvious you are a classy dresser; however, I'd recommend you tie your knot with a full-windsor. It looks like you are using a four-in-hand on all your fits. Since you seem to prefer a spread collar, a full-windsor will give you a more substantial knot that is also more symmetrical.
                            I only think full-windsor looks good on bigger guys with bigger heads so the knot isn't comically small. Otherwise it is FIH exclusively DFIH.

Comment

I'm not talking about a baseball sized knot on a 4-inch tie that only comes down to your belly button like everyone in Italy was wearing in the late 90's. That was always bozo. You can tie it tighter to make the knot smaller. The key is covering the gap from collar to collar and making the knot symmetrical.

With a spread collar, that is easier to do with a full-windsor. For reference: http://college.monster.com/benefits/...vel-man?page=2

Here you have a symmetrical FIH that works perfectly with your collar:
                              Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              Ironically, since I'm usually a disciple of all things Ralph, I find this to look just silly.

Here is more of a happy medium:

Comment

I second the Windsor.

Comment

Working...
                                X