Belt - BR
    Watch - Seiko Automatic
    Jcrew linen Stantons? Love the get up.

Comment

I like the combination, its cool
      Eat what is good for your health but
      Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

Since we need more pics. I think the sweater and pants need more contrast.

Sweater: BR
        Shirt: Alfani Red
        Tie: The Knottery
        Pants: BR Factory
        Shoes: Bruno Magli

Comment

Cool and rainy here, basic business casual.

Barbour coat, LE shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF chinos, Florsheim shoes
          Ben

Comment

3 day weekend for me so today is my casual Friday. BR merino sweater, JCF cotton shirt, Van Heusen cotton twill pants, shoes by J Shoes ("Charlie"). Obligatory Timex Weekender on brown leather strap.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

I think it looks good. I personally would avoid too much contrast with a color like purple... I don't know why, it just seems louder to me.

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Cool and rainy here, basic business casual.

Barbour coat, LE shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF chinos, Florsheim shoes
              I like the jacket + shoes alot. Great look.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                I like the jacket + shoes alot. Great look.
                Thanks.

Here's a leftover WIWT from last Friday, attending depositions. Forgot to take a shoe pic but I think I was wearing the same Florsheims as today.

SS jacket, JC shirt, LE tie, chinos, and belt.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

How are you able to wear a sweater in this heat?
                  More importantly, what pants are those from BR Factory - my pants have gone almost all chino and I like the look of the creased dress pant but I am hoping to find something that is not dry clean only?
                  Thanks and good job on the post.

Comment

[MENTION=12664]joekloo[/MENTION] - It really just depends on the humidity of that particular day. Today has been the only week I haven't felt moist leaving the house. As for the pants, these are from like 2012 and are either the "modern fit" or "tailored fit" there. You really have to try every pair on their as sizing is just a random number. These are dry clean only but I wear them maybe twice a month and get them cleaned maybe every 6 months. I only go to work and come home and change so while people think it is dirty, they are fine and don't smell. I think the mix of fibers in the pants help hold the crease as well. I have 2 pairs of these and they have held up great. The leg opening is a little bigger than normal BR but I like that.

Comment

First time in a long long time to appease the newcomer. Went rather casual for today because it's already been a long week and didn't feel like strapping on a tie; also supposed to have an outdoor happy hour later in this 80+ degree NYC heat. First time using pic stitch, mediocre iPhone pics and bad lighting from various spots in my office.

Jacket and pants - Bonobos
                      Shirt - Ratio summer weight Oxford
                      Shoes and Belt - AE Strands (walnut)
                      Socks - Brooks Brothers
                      Watch - Rolex SeaDweller

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        First time in a long long time to appease the newcomer. Went rather casual for today because it's already been a long week and didn't feel like strapping on a tie; also supposed to have an outdoor happy hour later in this 80+ degree NYC heat. First time using pic stitch, mediocre iPhone pics and bad lighting from various spots in my office.

Jacket and pants - Bonobos
                        Shirt - Ratio summer weight Oxford
                        Shoes and Belt - AE Strands (walnut)
                        Socks - Brooks Brothers
                        Watch - Rolex SeaDweller
                        How do you like the summer weight oxford? Is it actually all that cooler than run-of-the-mill oxford? Any problem wearing it in non-summer months?

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                          How do you like the summer weight oxford? Is it actually all that cooler than run-of-the-mill oxford? Any problem wearing it in non-summer months?
                          In my opinion, it wears cooler than the regular Ratio oxfords (those are pretty heavy though; they say the regulars are 'heavy' weight and the summers are 'medium-heavy' for what it's worth). I wouldn't say it's super light weight by any stretch, but (as my mother always said) I sweat in a snow bank, so might not be the best judge. It also carries a little more of a sheen than the regular Ratio oxfords.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                            In my opinion, it wears cooler than the regular Ratio oxfords (those are pretty heavy though). I wouldn't say it's super light weight by any stretch, but (as my mother always said) I sweat in a snow bank, so might not be the best judge.
                            I run hot too, so your point of view is probably extra relevant.

I just got a madras shirt from Ratio and holy moly that thing is downright gauzy. It's really awesome. Looks like I'm in for another from them...

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                              I run hot too, so your point of view is probably extra relevant.

I just got a madras shirt from Ratio and holy moly that thing is downright gauzy. It's really awesome. Looks like I'm in for another from them...
                              Fair point. Yeah their madras are great, I wear the Newport and Greenport way too often, should probably buy more. Which pattern did you get? Tahoe (I think it's relatively new) looks pretty amazing, although somewhat tame for a summery shirt.

Comment

I got the Greenport, which is a little loud, but I love it. I'm a huge fan of primary green and I think it's a shame it isn't found in more clothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X