Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sometimes you just need to peacock. The wife picked out this jacket for the scarf instead of my navy blue jacket.

    Comment


      Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Sometimes you just need to peacock.
      Agreed! I like that jacket a lot. I think you could use a little more contrast with the pants, but that could be ratcheting up the peacock factor higher than you want to go.

      Comment


        [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] That's a really nice looking jacket. Where is it from?

        Comment


          Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          Sometimes you just need to peacock. The wife picked out this jacket for the scarf instead of my navy blue jacket.

          You posting pics of that jacket every week is not helping my restraint to purchase one.

          Comment


            I'm not loving this tie with this outfit but oh well.



            SS jacket, JC shirt, BR tie, LE chinos, PRL shoes
            Ben

            Comment


              Originally posted by Shomas View Post
              Agreed! I like that jacket a lot. I think you could use a little more contrast with the pants, but that could be ratcheting up the peacock factor higher than you want to go.
              You want me to buy more pants? I think that is what you are saying. Let me ask my wife if I can get some lighter gray pants because my mid-gray pants are too dark. haha. I will say one of the other sites has a Friday Uniform contest of blue jacket/gray pants/suede shoes which I may adopt myself with some more gray pants and blue jackets. Oh and suede shoes.

              Originally posted by Cfred371 View Post
              [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] That's a really nice looking jacket. Where is it from?
              SuitSupply. My favorite wardrobe piece currently.
              [MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION] - Do it! Well...actually find pictures of the S/S 2016 collections. Look at this weave!

              Comment


                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                I'm not loving this tie with this outfit but oh well.



                SS jacket, JC shirt, BR tie, LE chinos, PRL shoes
                I think it works well LBD. Like that coat a lot.

                Comment





                  Posting because I rarely wear these pants. I really like the pattern on the pair of pants, but I'm not terribly confident in my ability to match them. Would anyone have any suggestions? I just decided to wear a light blue shirt on top because that seemed easy enough.
                  Sorry if the middle photo seems large. I tried editing it to make it smaller but appears to not have worked.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                    Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    I think you could use a little more contrast with the pants, but that could be ratcheting up the peacock factor higher than you want to go.
                    Interesting. I think even charcoal pants would work with a jacket like that. Like in this picture (Ralph Lauren):

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

                      SuitSupply. My favorite wardrobe piece currently.
                      [MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION] - Do it! Well...actually find pictures of the S/S 2016 collections. Look at this weave!

                      whaaat....they are already posting S/S 2016 previews? I guess that gives me a year to save up for that...

                      Comment


                        In a hurry, rushing out yesterday AM...Tie was the right length, pocket square straightened after photo..colors all funky too. Suit and tie color in top right represents.



                        Suit - Carlo Lusso
                        Tie and Tie Bar - The Tie Bar
                        Shirt - Stafford
                        Pocket Sq (if you could see it) - The Tie Bar
                        Belt - Dockers
                        Time-X
                        Shoes - Steve Madden


                        Here's the square

                        Last edited by JDI; July 17, 2015, 11:15 AM.

                        Comment


                          [MENTION=13201]Cfred371[/MENTION] - I think that a solid shirt with those pants works well! They look sort of taupe/brown so blue is a natural compliment but maybe white or even some other color could work. I am thinking maybe a subtle stripe shirt could work?
                          [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] - That shirt collar is on point! I think the kids say "On Fleek" these days?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cfred371 View Post
                            Posting because I rarely wear these pants. I really like the pattern on the pair of pants, but I'm not terribly confident in my ability to match them. Would anyone have any suggestions? I just decided to wear a light blue shirt on top because that seemed easy enough.
                            Light blue would be my first choice as well, but I would tame that collar. White is easy. A navy polo like one of these would work: http://www.uniqlo.com/ph/CPaGoods/itemcode=132853 Even that pink. Personally, I'd stay away from stripes--let the pattern in the pants stand out.

                            Comment


                              [MENTION=13775]connersw[/MENTION] yeah it's definitely not one of my more quality shirts, and tends to do things I don't like. I really would like to buy a nicer plain blue shirt but $$

                              Comment


                                Friday Happy Hour.

                                \

                                Shirt: J Crew
                                Jeans - Levi 511
                                Drivers - Cole Haan
                                Belt - Amazon
                                Watch - Nautica

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X