Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a ton for the feedback! I was a bit worried about the color contrast too. The pants are a chocolate color brown. Could I get away with a darker grey or navy color jacket instead? I also have a black unlined jacket but wasn't sure about that combo either. I appreciate the tip about the sleeve length too. I have a feeling that'll be the case with the majority of my shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      The blue on this shirt bothers me a bit but oh well.

Not I, I think it looks fine.

Comment

Same thing, different day....

Bonobos linen jacket, J.Crew shirt, LE belt, JCF cords, Florsheim loafers, Orient watch on Crown & Buckle strap
        Ben

Comment

Interesting, I am curious about the watch strap. Is it kosher to wear the casual cloth strap with an outfit like this? I am wearing something similar (blue blazer, brown leather shoes/belt, light blue shirt, dive watch). However I never wear the NATO straps I have with this kind of outfit, only on the weekend.

Comment

Ehh, it's just a matter of taste/preference really. I feel like this outfit is casual and neutral enough that it can bear the weight of one eye-catching accessory, especially since the watch stays hidden under my shirt cuff for the most part.

This outfit is still on the very casual side of businesswear. Only the jacket makes the outfit particularly dressy, but even the jacket is unstructured linen. I probably wouldn't wear a watch on this loud a strap if I were wearing true "conservative business dress." But I do occasionally wear watches on more subdued NATO straps (black, grey, dark blue) with CBD. At a multi-day out-of-state trial last fall, for example, I only brought one watch with me and wore it for all occasions, this understated CW Malvern chrono on a navy blue NATO:

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Northerner View Post
              Interesting, I am curious about the watch strap. Is it kosher to wear the casual cloth strap with an outfit like this? I am wearing something similar (blue blazer, brown leather shoes/belt, light blue shirt, dive watch). However I never wear the NATO straps I have with this kind of outfit, only on the weekend.
              I wear cloth NATO straps with business casual all the time. I sometimes even do it with suits, provided the strap is a single, subdued color. I suppose some sticklers might criticize it, but from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I think it's fine.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Conservative business dress is very uncommon for me, so I may try a colorful NATO w/ blazer and brown shoes. Actually even my NATOs are pretty boring, no red-white-and-blue stripes, just solid colors like olive green and light blue.

Comment

Originally posted by JPK4242 View Post
                  Thanks a ton for the feedback! I was a bit worried about the color contrast too. The pants are a chocolate color brown. Could I get away with a darker grey or navy color jacket instead? I also have a black unlined jacket but wasn't sure about that combo either. I appreciate the tip about the sleeve length too. I have a feeling that'll be the case with the majority of my shirts.
                  I think it would look better with a navy jacket. Otherwise I think it looks good. Your jacket is a bit too tight for my taste based on the wrinkles on the arms and the "X" sign on the front. Just my 2c. Overall the idea to start wearing a jacket is a great one. Keep it up.

Comment

Trying this with black Chelsea boots instead of a brown shoe. I like both ways.

Suit Supply / MTM Shirt / Christian Berg tie / BRF pants / Bexley of Paris boots

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      Trying this with black Chelsea boots instead of a brown shoe. I like both ways.

Suit Supply / MTM Shirt / Christian Berg tie / BRF pants / Bexley of Paris boots

God I like that jacket....but I would stick to brown shoe/boot in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        . . . . I only brought one watch with me and wore it for all occasions, this understated CW Malvern chrono on a navy blue NATO:

That watch stopped me in my tracks. That date window.... I had to go look to see if I could find it. Is it the C3 Malvern Chronograph MKII? Do you find the luminescence distracting/too much?

Comment

I've never posted pictures of myself, but I am too excited not to! I went to a JCrew Factory location last night and they had the pants I'm wearing on clearance. The final price came to about sixteen dollars, which seems cheaper than anything I've seen at JCrew.
                          So I guess, if I'm doing it how I've seen others do it:
                          Shirt: Just GH Bass
                          Pants: JCrew Factory
                          Shoes: I'm not sure but they've worked for the last two years.

Comment

[MENTION=13201]Cfred371[/MENTION] - Looks like a good fit to me! Are those shoes suede?

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] - Yeah they are. My work is pretty relaxed and I wasn't so sure what to wear with the pants. I thought the pants would be light enough that color wouldn't be too bad. Glad you think the fit looks good too I was dang happy they had my waist.

Comment

Linen today, Hot one

Comment

Working...
                                X