This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billax View Post
    Thanks for your comments, Mr. Barwick! I think you're quite justified in asserting that point, given the style/fashion perspective from which you come.

I, on the other hand, come from a different tradition – the Ivy League Look – which I've been lazy enough to keep wearing long since its fashion expiration date in the late 1960s. In that tradition, a white contrast club collar, with a blue oxford cloth body is a perfectly acceptable look. Lord knows, there are even Geezers like me who enjoy wearing the contrast collar look with sport coats!

Thanks again!
    What I like about the look (and most of the ones you post) is that it feels like a personality is on display more than clothes. I see subtle hints of character in the choices you make, and its fun to see.

Comment

Today's is a variation on my most recent WIWT, including a shoe upgrade per [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION]' suggestion. Temp's going to be 100°F today. Rumble grumble. I have no good reason to be dressed up at the office today so honestly I might go home at lunch and switch to a polo and linen pants.

SS jacket, J.Crew shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF chinos, Kiel James Patrick belt, PRL shoes.
      Last edited by LesserBlackDog; June 29, 2015, 01:01 PM.
      Ben

Comment

Pleasant summer day at the office. I work at a not-for-profit so things are tres casual - colleagues are wearing polo shirts and jeans, Blundstones and Rockports, that sort of thing:

Shirt: J Crew Factory
        Pants: Banana Republic Factory Store
        Belt and shoes: Cole Haan
        Watch: Casio
        Raincoat: Gap

Comment

Andover Shop Soft Summer Green Silk sport coat, in Andover Shop's classic 2 button Sack. J. Press Yale sports tie, Brooks Bros. Club collar shirt, Royal Silk Herringbone pocket square, Collar Bar, Lands" End white Baird & McNutt Linen trousers, J. Press Navy Surcingle belt, Marcoliani Cotton Lisle OTC socks, Allen Edmonds, Spectator Balmorals in Dark Tan and cream.
          Another great look Billax. I quite miss your fit posts over on Andy's site.

Comment

Andover Shop Soft Summer Green Silk sport coat, in Andover Shop's classic 2 button Sack. J. Press Yale sports tie, Brooks Bros. Club collar shirt, Royal Silk Herringbone pocket square, Collar Bar, Lands" End white Baird & McNutt Linen trousers, J. Press Navy Surcingle belt, Marcoliani Cotton Lisle OTC socks, Allen Edmonds, Spectator Balmorals in Dark Tan and cream.
            I don't comment frequently in the thread, but this is truly spectacular! I love how the different fabrics/patterns work so well with the colors you chose.

Comment

Originally posted by Nleaders View Post
              This is my, "I'd drape myself in linen if it were appropriate" outfit. Thank heavens, it is.

https://flic.kr/p/vj4nCD

Sportcoat: JCF
              Shirt: JCF
              Pants: JCF
              Shoes: BB by Alden
              Pants look short for my taste but good look

Comment

Another hot day. Very basic smart casual outfit with a couple more summer-leaning elements (snuff suede shoes, yellow silk D-ring belt).

Suitsupply blazer, LEC shirt, LEC chinos, Nantucket silk belt (maybe the best $6 I ever spent on clothes), PRL shoes, Orient watch.
                Ben

Comment

Monochromatic navy day at work.

Shirt: Uniqlo
                  Jeans: Bonobos
                  Shoes: Vans
                  Watch: Timex
                  Measurement Reference: 5'11" 185lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Another hot day. Very basic smart casual outfit with a couple more summer-leaning elements (snuff suede shoes, yellow silk D-ring belt).

Suitsupply blazer, LEC shirt, LEC chinos, Nantucket silk belt (maybe the best $6 I ever spent on clothes), PRL shoes, Orient watch.
                    You've been killing it lately!

Comment

Originally posted by 3piece View Post
                      You've been killing it lately!
                      Thanks!

Here's a quick snap from the 4th. 100°F at the lake. This is as close to wearing flag apparel as I get.

Levi's short-sleeved henley, LE shorts, LE belt, Orient watch on C&B strap. Not pictured: Sperry x J.Crew boat shoes.
                      Ben

Comment

Nothing fancy about shorts and tee, but like this combo.

Shorts - Merona
                        Tee - Tommy Bahama
                        Sneaks - Stan Smith Blue
                        Watch - Marina Militare
                        Last edited by JDI; July 6, 2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

The blue on this shirt bothers me a bit but oh well.

Comment

Casual home office day. Not sure I am a fan of the popover style shirt yet....

Shirt - J Crew
                            Shorts - BR
                            Shoes - Stacey Adams
                            Time-X
                            Belt - Amazon Prime

Comment

first WIWT post

http://i.imgur.com/QT6papS.jpg

Decided to start a habit of wearing a jacket to work

jacket - Nordstrum
                              shirt - BR
                              tie - CT
                              pants - haggar
                              shoes - J&M

Comment

Originally posted by JPK4242 View Post
                                http://i.imgur.com/QT6papS.jpg

Decided to start a habit of wearing a jacket to work

jacket - Nordstrum
                                shirt - BR
                                tie - CT
                                pants - haggar
                                shoes - J&M
                                I like the colors going on though the contrast between the jacket and pants is a bit much which makes it confusing to my eyes. I assume someone will mention your shirt sleeves are too long but the better thing to do than taking it to the tailor is just to move the button and sew it yourself so the sleeve opening is less and moves it up your arm a bit. I say this because there are a couple of Brooks Brothers shirts I have with wide openings and moving the button has helped keep the length but show less sleeve.

Hopefully that made sense on the shirt sleeves. Keep posting!

Comment

Working...
                                X