X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
    What is your job, exactly...?

Great, classic look. I'd prefer a spread or semi-spread collar, but I'm no Bond expert; forgive me if your choice was deliberate.
    Law. The "budget James Bond thing" I'm doing for work is just wearing this outfit, not an actual work event or something.

I prefer point collars to spread/semi-spread generally. I am a slim guy and I gravitate toward slim lapels, narrower ties, simple four-in-hand knots, etc. IMO a point collar is just more proportional and better-suited to that aesthetic. If money were no object and selection were better, I might go so far as to replace all my point collar dress shirts with tab collars.

Ben

Comment

Off to a modernist architecture cocktail party early this evening. Weather in Durham is 93º with 64% relative humidity.

O'Connell's Pincord jacket with BB Burgundy University Stripe OCBD, Vineyard Vines Lacrosse tie. White linen trou, light blue Marcoliani cotton Lisle OTC socks, and white bucks.

The jacket has excellent shoulders!

Comment

Finally decided to make my first post. Casual office day (well the day is over now, hence the wrinkled shirt).

Shirt and Blazer - J Crew
        Chinos - Banana Republic
        Monks - Cole Haan
        Watch - Daniel Wellington

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
          TGIF. Day off, errands and early happy hour.

Shirt - J Crew
          Jeans - 511 Levi's
          Sneakers - Converse John Varvatos
          Watch - Invicta w/ new J Crew Band
          Belt - Amazon and threaded the correct way ...like a right handed person...
          I like it. The shirt, watch and converse with no laces make it look nice.

Comment

I'm beginning to see that the core dynamic of the diapered.com world is not the Ivy League Look. I think I may be the ship sailing West, when the rest of the fleet is sailing East.

Comment

Originally posted by Billax View Post
              I'm beginning to see that the core dynamic of the diapered.com world is not the Ivy League Look. I think I may be the ship sailing West, when the rest of the fleet is sailing East.
              Personally, I love your fits. I hope you'll keep posting! You may be right that you are not in the "core dynamic" of the Dappered community, but I think the change of pace does all of us a world of good.

Comment

Originally posted by Billax View Post
                I'm a big fan of the trad look. it's something I find myself continually gravitating towards. I agree that around these parts it's not exactly the norm. Ill try to post some of my "tradish" attempts to make you feel less alone. [emoji6]

love the pincord!
                [MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION], I think you nailed the bond look! After watching skyfall again with my then fiancée I suggested that I could wear a tab collar shirt to our wedding. She replied: "That's a hard no." I was heartbroken for about 3 seconds. Still not sure what her aversion to it was. Oh well. [emoji4]

Comment

Yesterday and today, office shorts...

Shirt - Lands End Canvas
                  Belt - Dockers
                  Shorts - American Eagle
                  Shoes - Ben Sherman
                  Time-X

Tee - BR
                  Belt - Penquin
                  Shorts - American Eagle
                  Shoes - Vans
                  Watch - Orient

Comment

Lousy weather Saturday....all I wanted to do was lay by the pool and watch the US Open...heading to bar to watch...

Shirt - J Crew
                    Shorts - J Crew
                    Shoes - GBX
                    Belt - Dockers
                    Time-X

Comment

Party at the neighbors... Summer theme.

Blazer: Target Merona
                      Polo: JCF heathered cotton
                      Pants: JCF Bedford Slim linen/cotton
                      Belt: Perry Ellis
                      Shoes: GH Bass suede
                      Watch: Orient Ray

Comment

Pretty casual day. Father's day cookout and then a flight out for work this week.

Both shirts - Target Merona
                        Shorts - JCF
                        Sperrys
                        Daniel Wellington

Comment

Another budget James Bond day... and a visual demonstration of the drawbacks of cheap suiting. This is a fused BR suit that I've had for 4 or 5 years now. It probably had an MSRP in the $500 range and I think I got it for ~$300 with a 40% promo code (back when BR didn't regularly exclude suiting from their major promotions). I haven't worn it frequently and have probably only dry-cleaned it 2-3 times, but you can clearly see how the fabric of the chest piece is puckering around every fold and seam.

Sometime this week I'll try to do a WIWT with my Suitsupply suit to compare.

BR suit, BB shirt, Kent Wang tie, JCF belt, AE shoes, Orient watch.
                          Last edited by LesserBlackDog; June 23, 2015, 03:22 PM.
                          Ben

Comment

All right... compare yesterday's offering to today's. Both suits were purchased within about a year of each other (IIRC) and I've probably worn this one more because it is more of a "staple" color. Not only is the drape on this one better, but there is no pulling or puckering along any of the seams or creases.

Suitsupply Napoli suit, J.Crew shirt, Kent Wang grenadine tie, AE shoes, Orient watch.
                            Last edited by LesserBlackDog; June 23, 2015, 03:23 PM.
                            Ben

Comment

The first time I've ever uploaded something to WIWT.

Combatant Gentlemen Slate Blue Suit.
                              $5 Goodwill royal blue windowpane shirt, custom made for somebody somewhere and it fits me perfect.
                              The Tie Bar pink border on white cotton pocket square
                              CG Tie, used a free tie code

Last edited by ronrob; June 24, 2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ronrob View Post
                                The first time I've ever uploaded something to WIWT.

Combatant Gentlemen Slate Blue Suit.
                                $5 Goodwill royal blue windowpane shirt, custom made for somebody somewhere and it fits me perfect.
                                The Tie Bar pink border on white cotton pocket square
                                CG Tie, used a free tie code

A little heavy on the patterns, but not bad. I think the scale of the pattern of the shirt is a little too close to the scale of the pattern in the tie. I think a solid or rep stripe tie, or a solid shirt would provide better balance.

Comment

Working...
                                X