Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I concur on the pants. Also, in the spirit of friendly constructive criticism, there are a few things you could do with your shirt to present a cleaner, less disheveled look.

First, slide the seam of your shirt buttons to your left a bit to adjust your gig line. Fold the sides of your shirt back, and tuck it down and back so that it isn't poofing out at the sides. http://lifehacker.com/keep-your-dres...tar-1518253732. Lastly, learn to roll your sleeves the Italian way: http://dappered.com/2010/12/how-to-r...-your-sleeves/

Comment

Home office....

Shirt and Shorts - J Crew
      Belt - BR
      Shoes - Swims, flash flood watch today...
      Time-X

Comment

An outfit I wore a week or so ago:
        J. Press Matka Silk, 3/2 roll sport coat, triple patch pockets, with Mother of Pearl buttons. The shirt is a J. Press OCBD, with a flap pocket, woven in a University stripe of blue/white. The tie is by Bird Dog Bay featuring lacrosse players. Pants are J. Press poplins. BB striped socks and Allen Edmonds tassel loafers.
        Last edited by Billax; June 16, 2015, 02:38 PM. Reason: added detail

Comment

Originally posted by Billax View Post

An outfit I wore a week or so ago:
          J. Press Matka Silk, 3/2 roll sport coat, triple patch pockets, with Mother of Pearl buttons. The shirt is a J. Press OCBD, with a flap pocket, woven in a University stripe of blue/white. The tie is by Bird Dog Bay featuring lacrosse players. Pants are J. Press poplins. BB striped socks and Allen Edmonds tassel loafers.
          Well done, want that LAX tie.

Comment

I almost bought those AE Tassel Loafers as they were $117 for a while at the ShoeBank. Alas I never purchased them...

Comment

Presenting scholarship in my Dad's name at high school where we grew up. Passed at 90 last year, WWII Paratrooper, the greatest generation for sure!

Suit - Bonobos
              Shirt - BR
              Pocket Square - eBay
              Belt - Marc NY
              Shoes - Mezlan
              Time-X

Comment

First time posting here. Apologies for the sub-par picture. Outfit for a blazing hot outdoor wedding over the weekend.

Shirt: BB
                Jacket: Taylor Stitch
                PS: JCrew
                Jeans: BR

Comment

Originally posted by JayS View Post
                  First time posting here. Apologies for the sub-par picture. Outfit for a blazing hot outdoor wedding over the weekend.

Shirt: BB
                  Jacket: Taylor Stitch
                  PS: JCrew
                  Jeans: BR
                  I like the rolled up jacket sleeves!

Comment

Another look from within the last week:

Brooks Brothers 3/2 Madras Sport Coat, Brooks Brothers Pin Point BD, Tie Bar Cotton Chambray tie, J. Press Surcingle belt, J. Press high rise, tapered, cuff/no break, Poplin trousers, Marcoliani ribbed crew socks, and Allen Edmonds Tan Beef Roll Penny loafers in Saddle leather.
                    Last edited by Billax; June 17, 2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Since I spend most of my time writing articles for my blog, it may be useful to a few guys to know a bit of background about me. A terrific Finnish blogger, Ville Raivio, interviews Europeans and Americans about their clothing styles. He's quite famous in the menswear world, and even if the article about me doesn't appeal, I'm pretty sure most men's clothing enthusiasts will find something of interest on his site.
                      Here's what my interview was about:

http://www.keikari.com/english/interview-with-billax/

Comment

Originally posted by Billax View Post
                        Since I spend most of my time writing articles for my blog, it may be useful to a few guys to know a bit of background about me. A terrific Finnish blogger, Ville Raivio, interviews Europeans and Americans about their clothing styles. He's quite famous in the menswear world, and even if the article about me doesn't appeal, I'm pretty sure most men's clothing enthusiasts will find something of interest on his site.
                        Here's what my interview was about:

http://www.keikari.com/english/interview-with-billax/
                        Thanks for sharing. It was an enjoyable read.

Comment

Originally posted by EnchinoMan View Post
                          Thanks for sharing. It was an enjoyable read.
                          +1

and a good way to get to know Bill
                          Matt Dalton

Comment

I liked the colors today though my collar is not cooperating.

Comment

Doing a budget James Bond thing for work today.

JCF suit and belt, Lands' End shirt and knit tie, thrifted AE shoes, Orient watch.
                              Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                Doing a budget James Bond thing for work today.
                                What is your job, exactly...?

Great, classic look. I'd prefer a spread or semi-spread collar, but I'm no Bond expert; forgive me if your choice was deliberate.

Comment

Working...
                                X