Jacket: Uniqlo Ultralight Stretch
    Polo: Uniqlo
    Jeans: Uniqlo
    Boat Shoes: Velasca
    Belt: H&M
    Watch: Timex
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Comment

Comments on these?....thinking of pulling the trigger on them.....

Comment

https://38.media.tumblr.com/e6025e8d...ptf1o1_500.gif

Comment

I agree. Not a fan JDI.

Comment

Is that a faux cork, bit driver? There is just too much going on for me to like them.

Comment

This was a suit I grabbed out of my parents' attic back in Dec 2013 - I finally got a pic of me wearing it. I mentioned in way back in this threat:
              http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...chases/page245

Its amazing quality - fully canvassed with a very interesting, distinct fabric - it has multicolored threads woven through the fabric, like a donegal. They're invisible from a few feet away. These had massive bellbottoms (seriously, the suit is likely from the late-60s/early-70s), that I had the tailor slim to more normal cuff proportions. The jacket needed no tailoring, and I had the vest taken out a bit (although, he took it out a tad more than I'd like):

Some close-ups of the fabric, so you can see the texture and colored neps:

Worn with a Zara tie, CT shirt, and ECCO shoes (my beaters because it was raining). Apologies for the mirror, the kids were having fun "brushing" their teeth apparently...

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION] - wow, that's FANTASTIC. The fit is great, the material is super unique, what an incredible find.

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION] - Now that is dapper. Super sharp.

Comment

Dark on dark without much contrast. I never go this route but was feeling adventurous the other day. What do you guys think?

- Lands end chinos and chambray shirt
                    - Florsheim shell longwings
                    - Seiko skx173

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                      Dark on dark without too much contrast. I never go this route but was feeling adventurous the other day. What do you guys think?

Personally, I think low contrast works a lot better with something on top of the shirt (blazer, v-neck sweater, cardigan). Otherwise, it looks a little too unintentional. Just IMHO.

Also, have you considered buying higher-rise pants? (I say that fully recognizing that they're all but impossible to find these days.) I think what you're wearing now makes you look somewhat oddly proportioned.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                        Personally, I think low contrast works a lot better with something on top of the shirt (blazer, v-neck sweater, cardigan). Otherwise, it looks a little too unintentional. Just IMHO.

Also, have you considered buying higher-rise pants? (I say that fully recognizing that they're all but impossible to find these days.) I think what you're wearing now makes you look somewhat oddly proportioned.
                        [MENTION=9652]vespertiliovir[/MENTION] Do you mean the jacket would be in the same color/dark scheme as well?

I had to check in the bathroom just now about the proportions. I think I look ok and it's just the camera angle that makes it seems that way... I hope =) Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Yeah I would say that's an angle or mirror thing

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                            [MENTION=9652]vespertiliovir[/MENTION] Do you mean the jacket would be in the same color/dark scheme as well?

I had to check in the bathroom just now about the proportions. I think I look ok and it's just the camera angle that makes it seems that way... I hope =) Thanks for the feedback.
                            Yes, I meant the jacket in the same scheme. Adding that extra piece makes it look more intentional IMHO.

And I should have figured the angle played a role. Hope I didn't come across as rude.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                              Yes, I meant the jacket in the same scheme. Adding that extra piece makes it look more intentional IMHO.

And I should have figured the angle played a role. Hope I didn't come across as rude.
                              Nope, I didn't take it that way at all.

Comment

Back on the road....

Suit - Bonobos
                                Shirt - Neiman Marcus
                                Tie/Clip and Pocket Square - The Tie Bar
                                Belt - Marc NY
                                Shoes - Steve Madden
                                Sox - Kohls
                                Watch - Chopard

Comment

Working...