Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Acoustic, what are those shoes? Fine lookin' derbies.

Comment

@trash: They Are Allen Edmonds Black Hills. It's a good casual shoe to lug around!

Comment

Bah seeing your guys WIWT's makes me realize how terrible my shoe collection is. I have a nice casual summer collection im happy with, and I have walnut fifth avenues that I just got, but I really need to get myself a couple pairs of workhorse brown shoes. I guess its time to free up some more cash.

Comment

@Focuspants: sounds like you only need a nice pair of browns and you are all set! I myself need a pair of chocolate suede balmorals to complete my shoe needs so that I won't need to buy shoes for the next 20 years....so close....actually could use a pair of burgundy wingtips as well...

Comment

Does "need" really factor into it? I spent a year wearing the same pair of Keens every day.

Comment

@Jason: lol very true. Just two years ago I use to wear one pair of shoes 24/7 365.

Comment

@ JC @ Acoustic....

Since I'm a relative newbie, those last two comments gave me some hope for myself considering that I'm still figuring out what kind of jeans I should be wearing. haha!

Comment

@mathis get a nice pair of dark denim. if you have some change to spend, i'd recommend some raw denim as it will age over time and fade beautifully. you can find beginner brands in the $130-$200 range.

if that's too much, i'd recommend finding a slim fitting pair of levis.

Comment

A few pics since I haven't posted much in a while:

Experimenting with the Merona blazer. Popping the collar. Not taking anything seriously here. With a full sweater underneath the blazer, it really fills out the body and arms!

Without the blazer, I'm sporting the American Eagle sweater of the winter. Love that thing.

Then I'm down to the LEC flannel.

Comment

At some point, I would like to put together a complete post on how I got to this stage, but here is my Ultimate Grey (now called Essential Grey) Indochino suit:

I'm extremely happy with it. It's wrinkly in the back because I was driving with it on...I know...

Comment

@nicholascrawford: I really like that suit in the second set of pics. And the shoe color with them looks great.

As for the first set, well let's just say I'm glad you stopped at 3 pics because I was starting to see a trend. :-) As for popped collars, my wife doesn't let me (and it's probably better that way).

Comment

Trying a couple of things today. First of all, the tieless suit. I don't think it's a big deal, but apparently some people do. However, the shirt has quite a pattern on it so there is that... Also, I'm wearing the Venetian-style loafers I bought yesterday, and I'm going sockless. Wouldn't be so unusual except that I'm pairing it with a suit. To round out the ensemble and keep it casual, I'm wearing a braided belt.

Shirt: Lands End Canvas

Suit: Hart Shaffner & Marx

Shoes: Bass loafers

Belt: Nautica brown/black reversible braided leather belt.

The shoes aren't so dark as they appear in the picture. I'm actually more self conscious about the patterned shirt than I am about going sockless.

Oh, and this is the same suit I wore two days ago, and this time I have a longer shirt with between a half inch and an inch of cuff, but for whatever reason, the pic still doens't show it.

Comment

@Alan - lol - that trend stopped right there! I like the walnut Dalton/grey suit combo. I think this is clear evidence that I need a pair of Strands, right? Right? SAY YES!!

Few more, just for AcousticFoodie and I, really:

I posted a similar pic to this earlier, but now you get the pants treatment. Merona, 1MX, Dockers Alpha.

Merona blazer, Polo Ralph Lauren cashmere sweater ($35), shirt's from Nordstrom Rack, pindot tie from Indochino, Levi 501, AE Dalton.

Thrifted Arnold Palmer cashmere blazer ($5), post alterations ($70). The FIT is IT! Feels so great to wear something like this. Shirt is BB, same ON cords I wear in all these photos.

Wore this with the LEC Austin boat chukkas and loved it. Had my aqua blue Dockers Alphas on with the LEC shirt you see and the BR unstructured sport coat that I should have sized down for.

Thoughts? Things you like or dislike? I won't be bothered.

Comment

I've seen a number of those Arnold Palmers at my local Goodwill. They had some fun ones in green and red, but they just too big to work with.

Comment

@nicholas: LIke the showing of versatility you're giving the blazer - and yes, nothing wrong with a pair of strands lol.

More gloomy weather today:

Comment

Working...
                                X