This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road day. Calls, bar, LAX.

JB, my squares are rarely white and usually puffed....

Suit - Caravelli Italy
    Shirt - BR
    Pocket Square - Bows-n-ties.com
    Tie - The Tie Bar http://www.thetiebar.com/product/35525
    Tie Bar - JCP
    Belt - Dockers
    Shoes - Steve Madden
    Timex

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco View Post
      Great look! I love how grenadine can bridge the gap between casual and dressed up; I don't think a silk tie would look quite as good here. I'm not a fan of Ludlow lapels, but you're trim enough to pull it off.
      Agree on the textured tie. Try a different color tie (maybe something with yellow/orange/or gold to compliment the blue) and use the pocket square to add another small bit of the blues.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        I like that the shoes give it some color. B/W HB doesn't photograph well. Also I need to start the dappered multi-colored pocket square group. Everyone here is white, tv fold but we need some colors up in here!
        I am a big proponent of white pocket squares in a TV fold. I have a few colored ones, mostly solid. I figured this jacket is different enough so I tried to keep everything else toned down. I may think that because I have never worn this jacket with a tie until today.

Thanks for the thoughts guys

Comment

[MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] - I am a big fan of puffed pocket squares. Just grab it an throw it in there. I really need to buy some to wear.

Also I ordered the SuSu jacket from yesterday (SB, PL) so we will see how it is when it arrives. I had to size up to a 42 in the fit. If it is all wrong, pocket squares and ties for me!

Comment

Forecast is for 71°F today, so I am feeling rather springy:

SS wool/silk/linen jacket, BB OCBD, JCF chinos, PRL suede wingtips, Hamilton watch.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
              Forecast is for 71°F today, so I am feeling rather springy:

SS wool/silk/linen jacket, BB OCBD, JCF chinos, PRL suede wingtips, Hamilton watch.
              Looks good. I have a similar fit on that I was thinking needed a jacket badly. Need to up my blazer/sc game.

Comment

[MENTION=2341]LesserBlackDog[/MENTION] - How is the fabric on that jacket? I see it is E. Thomas, I ordered one, same fabric makeup but from Carlo Barbera. Strictly a summer item?

Comment

The fabric has a similar weight and feel to the 100% wool hopsack blazer I have in the same fit - i.e. very light and breathable, but with a great drape. I think the minimal construction contributes as much as the fabric to the lightness. Personally I intend to use this as a year-round smart casual jacket, as I don't care much for super heavy duty jackets even when it's cold out.
                  Ben

Comment

Road day...

Jacket: Izod
                    Shirt - Jos Banks
                    Pocket Square - eBay
                    Tie - BR
                    Tie Bar - The Tie Bar
                    Pants - BR
                    Belt - Marc NY
                    Shoes - Gordon Rush
                    Time-x

Comment

TGIF...paperwork then bar for the pm....

Shirt - Uniqlo
                      Jeans - Gap
                      Shoes - Polo
                      Belt - Dockers
                      Time-x

Comment

Love the snuff suede color on those Polo sneakers.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                          Love the snuff suede color on those Polo sneakers.
                          These were the ones I wanted, found them after I had already bought and worn the Polo's...Polo's were only $60, these are as you can see a little pricier...but I still want them.

Comment

Thought I'd post a few pics from the past few weeks. I've been pretty busy with work and traveling so haven't been posting much lately...

Suit: JCrew Ludlow wool-cotton windowpane
                            Shirt: Kamakura blue herringbown
                            Tie: Vanda Fine Clothing teal-navy (bought in Singapore)
                            PS: JCrew

Suit: Cricketeer brown glen plaid (hand-me-down from dad)
                            Shirt: CT red check
                            Tie: Vanda Fine Clothing ancient madder paisley
                            PS: JCrew blue tipped linen
                            Shoes: AE chili grain loafer
                            (I was pleased the colors from the shirt, tie, square, and even shoes complimented each other and the small colored stripes in the suit for this look - hard to tell from the small pics)

Slightly more casual look here:
                            Jacket: Uniqlo linen-cotton
                            Shirt: CT light blue twill
                            Pants: JCrew navy (I think this is the cotton pique suit pants)
                            Shoes: Meermin brown grain double monk
                            PS: H&M

Another work look:
                            Suit: HSM (another hand-me-down, thanks dad!)
                            Shirt: CT twill blue stripe
                            Tie: BB repp stripe
                            PS: batik print handkerchief (bought in Singapore)
                            Shoes: Can't remember, but they look brown and leather!

This suit also has many colored stripes running through the glen plaid, it goes with so many different colors and looks.

Comment

That last fit is a 4 pattern and I feel pulled off very well. Nice fits for the week.

Comment

Rocking my new black Strands today for the first time. For as infrequently as I wear black shoes, I've been wanting a pair of these for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X