Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boring color set today. Jacket is navy tweed but hard to tell in the morning shadows.

Also I decided to keep some old Alfani Red pants from a suit I had to buy for a wedding. Jacket was terrible but the pants fit great. While not 100% wool, I like them enough I would buy more as they fit in the thigh area quite well

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Boring color set today. Jacket is navy tweed but hard to tell in the morning shadows.

Also I decided to keep some old Alfani Red pants from a suit I had to buy for a wedding. Jacket was terrible but the pants fit great. While not 100% wool, I like them enough I would buy more as they fit in the thigh area quite well

Would have been good with yesterday's tie...

Comment

Stuck in office again.

Shirt - James Campbell - LA
        Belt - Same
        Pants - Perry Ellis (Dry cleaner "gonna get smacked" for those hard creases)
        Shoes - 2+ Italy
        Watch - Invicta Automatic Sub w/eBay band

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
          Would have been good with yesterday's tie...
          2 reasons I wore this tie today: 1. My wife bought it for me back in 2010; 2. It is hard to pair in my wardrobe so it looks fine with a plain white shirt and gray pants.

After yesterdays talk of a solid tie with my other jacket I am thinking of buying a rust colored and a hunter green colored tie from Chipp. Do I need them? No. I am in a wardrobe funk of should I buy more or wear what I have and get better at matching...

Comment

2 reasons I wore this tie today: 1. My wife bought it for me back in 2010; 2. It is hard to pair in my wardrobe so it looks fine with a plain white shirt and gray pants.

After yesterdays talk of a solid tie with my other jacket I am thinking of buying a rust colored and a hunter green colored tie from Chipp. Do I need them? No. I am in a wardrobe funk of should I buy more or wear what I have and get better at matching...
            I thought you said you had RED pants, but re-read post and I get it now....start a thread with photos of everything you own and let the forum put together some combos to get back on track.
            If you use the color wheel, add in some texture and don't f up the pattern matches, you will be good to go. For someone like me who doesn't know much about fashion, it seems to work.

Comment

Thanks JDI, they look great! I've been looking to get some grey desert boots but shopping online made me uncertain about the color.

Comment

Coming from one who dresses "boring"...looks sharp to me.

Comment

Who makes the jacket, [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION]? Looks nice and fuzzy. I like the ensemble, but I do think a different tie would be even better. You mention Chipp -- maybe one of their madders?

Comment

[MENTION=9652]vespertiliovir[/MENTION] - J.Crew tweed from a couple years ago. Joe says they are like wearing a blanket and I agree. The new ones are suppose to be lighter.

Still debating on purchasing more things. My wife gave me the go ahead for another blazer which would put an end to wanting another for a while. But a couple of ties and maybe a pocket square could go a long way. As for the below items, any suggestions of other items would be great. Peak lapels are sort of a want currently but branching out the tie game would be nice.

Current thoughts:
                    Peak Lapel, single-breasted, blue sport coat: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...1=Peak%20Lapel
                    Peak Lapel, double-breasted, blue sport coat: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...ble%20Breasted
                    or
                    Ties: http://www.chippneckwear.com/rust-grenadine-tie/ http://www.chippneckwear.com/forest-grenadine-tie/ http://www.chippneckwear.com/navy-an...all-print-tie/
                    Pocket Square: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index...lk-square.html

Comment

Suit game today:

Suit: H&M
                      Shirt: Izod
                      Pocket Square: H&M
                      Tie: Calvin Klein
                      Tiebar: Simon's
                      Watch: Fossil
                      5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

There is something about that pocket square, doesn't quite work. I don't know if a different shade of red would work better, white would be work of course. Probably something less solid would be better. The contrast between the suit and the square makes it more intense, when I think that pocket square is intense itself.
                        Last edited by ryn; April 21, 2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ryn View Post
                          There is something about that pocket square, doesn't quite work. I don't know if a different shade of red would work better, white would be work of course. Probably something less solid would be better. The contrast between the suit and the square makes it more intense, when I think that pocket square is intense itself.
                          I agree. For my money, the best option would either be a sharp white TV folded pocket square or (a little more flashily) a white square with a red border. In any event, that H&M suit looks a hell of a lot better in these pics than I would expect one to ever look - so very well done on that.

Comment

This is my first time wearing this jacket with a tie. The jacket seemed too casual for a tie, but I figured I'd check it out today. What do you fellas think? I need to shorten the sleeves a tiny bit.

Shirt: BB
                            Jacket: J Crew Linen Herringbone
                            Tie: TTB
                            Pants: BR
                            Shoes: AE

Comment

Great look! I love how grenadine can bridge the gap between casual and dressed up; I don't think a silk tie would look quite as good here. I'm not a fan of Ludlow lapels, but you're trim enough to pull it off.

Comment

I like that the shoes give it some color. B/W HB doesn't photograph well. Also I need to start the dappered multi-colored pocket square group. Everyone here is white, tv fold but we need some colors up in here!

Comment

Working...
                                X