This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDI View Post
    NJ Friday night out with my honey....28 years and still hot as hell...

Jacket - Alfani -Macys
    Pocket Square - eBay
    Shirt - Zagiri
    Jeans - 514 Levis
    Boots - John Varvatos
    Time - x
    Vino - Priceless..... Staglin Salus Napa Cab X 2.....
    Great look. Saw that Timex in person the other day and loved it; just wish it were more in the 40mm range.

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
      Just putting in my $0.02, not trying to hate. Again, I like the overall look posted.
      I think that's generally understood (it is by me at any rate). Feedback, criticism, etc. is really the point here. I recall that a few years back I posted a look here that I thought was pretty damn slick. Pretty much everyone agreed. However, one person made the point that my tie wasn't cinched against my neck and it looked kinda sloppy. He was right - and more importantly, I now always keep that in check when I wear ties. That criticism was useful to me in the long term. As long as everyone maintains a helpful, friendly approach (and everyone pretty much always seems to do so), I don't think anyone should be shy about critiquing what people post here.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
        Outfits like these make me wish I had a wiry build so that H&M stuff fit me like this; looks great.
        Thanks! H&M, Zara, Topman and Express are my fave brands as they carry slim-fit sized in dress shirts, pants and suits that fits me very well, with little to no alterations required.

I would love to buy J.Crew suits and clothes but they're just baggy as hell when I wear them. Same story for Banana Rep - they don't even carry size 36 here!
        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

In reply to some of the comments I've received about my recent WIWT:

1. I have a huge ass/legs and I ain't embarrassed of 'em.
          2. Those are the only "skinny" jeans I own. But they are actually more comfortable than most because they have a little stretch. Still, I only wear them occasionally because they are less conservative than most of what I wear.
          3. I chose those jeans with that particular outfit because my girlfriend and I were going to see a pseudo-controversial/adult-themed theater performance at the local university that evening. It seemed like an appropriate occasion to wear an outfit that leaned younger/trendier than my usual. Plus my GF is an unabashed ass/legs woman. I like to be suitable arm candy and indulge her when we go out.
          Ben

Comment

WIWT: http://imgur.com/ks0AJVn
            Top down with shoes: http://imgur.com/bFv9Lj9

Uniqlo cotton/linen
            Ratio
            MW belt
            JCrew Bowery Slim
            AE Fifth Ave

Comment

I really don't know why the Fifth Ave gets so much hate. I don't think those look bad at all, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                I really don't know why the Fifth Ave gets so much hate. I don't think those look bad at all, imo.
                Agreed. The 5th Ave is easier to dress down than the Park Ave and looks better in other colors. My boss has Bourbon Park Aves and I am not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchbook View Post
                  I didn't realize they did. I'm wearing my black 5th Avenues today (or, the Brooks Bros. version anyway). They are my go-to conservative wear-with-a-suit shoes.

Comment

Jacket: JCPenny Stafford Cotton
                    Shirt: Stafford OBDC
                    Tie: Stafford
                    Chinos: Haggar
                    Pocket Square: Brooks Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonFed View Post

Jacket: JCPenny Stafford Cotton
                      Shirt: Stafford OBDC
                      Tie: Stafford
                      Chinos: Haggar
                      Pocket Square: Brooks Brothers
                      Would have been better to Puff the square, straight fold makes it clash with the tie...size of pattern too close to tie. Tie Bar about an inch down too. Otherwise, good look.

Comment

Thanks. I was torn on that. I work in a pretty casual environment (I have to dress business casual but other offices near me are in jeans and polo shirts) and I was afraid that would be just too excessively dressy.

Comment

Also looks like the jacket is too big overall. Any way to get a picture taken by someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                            I don't know if these patterns work but after last weeks terrible wet weather clothing I am back to posting

Respectfully I don't think those work. With that jacket I would go solid tie

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
                              Inspired by Bond, James Bond....Monday office day.

Sweatshirt - Gap Indigo
                              Shirt - Lands End Canvas
                              Jeans - Rock n Republc
                              Belt - James Campbell
                              Shoes - Clarks
                              Time - New Timex Expedition - What a watch for $35. Perfect
                              Those look like grey suede desert boots. If they are, do you know the name of the actual color you purchased?

Comment

Originally posted by kai View Post
                                Those look like grey suede desert boots. If they are, do you know the name of the actual color you purchased?
                                Clarks Distressed Taupe Desert Boots 78354

Comment

Working...
                                X