This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclaimer: I dont like bow ties.

However, I think the loafers work there Zcm.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
      Disclaimer: I dont like bow ties.

However, I think the loafers work there Zcm.
      Thanks for your opinion on the loafers!

I used to be in your camp with the bowties, but now I wear them about once a week on average. There are about a dozen people in my office that participate in "Bowtie Thursdays." So it doesn't stand out as much as it might in other offices.

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
        Thanks for your opinion on the loafers!

I used to be in your camp with the bowties, but now I wear them about once a week on average. There are about a dozen people in my office that participate in "Bowtie Thursdays." So it doesn't stand out as much as it might in other offices.
        I like the look all the way around. Well, almost; I could do without the pennies in the shoes.

Comment

Home office.

Shirt - Todd Snyder
          Jeans - Levi 514
          Belt - James Campbell LA
          Shoes - Ben Sherman
          Time - Seiko Automatic

Comment

Shirt - Brooks Brothers ESF
            Pants - Izod
            Shoes - J&M Caps
            Watch - Seiko Solar Pilot
            Belt - Tommy Hilfiger

Comment

Comment

This jacket has some fascinating details (to me, at least). The buttons have squared-off edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  I like the look all the way around. Well, almost; I could do without the pennies in the shoes.
                  haha. Thanks. It kind of happened after a few drinks over this past weekend at my bachelor party. A friend was being a smart ass asking "why don't your penny loafers have pennies?" So I shoved a couple in there to drunkenly spite him and that's wear they stayed. I am warming up to them.

Originally posted by Billox View Post
                  This jacket has some fascinating details (to me, at least). The buttons have squared-off edges.
                  Cool looking jacket, B. Is it corduroy?

Comment

haha. Thanks. It kind of happened after a few drinks over this past weekend at my bachelor party. A friend was being a smart ass asking "why don't your penny loafers have pennies?" So I shoved a couple in there to drunkenly spite him and that's wear they stayed. I am warming up to them.

Sounds like you fellas really tore it up. I hope nobody got hurt!

Comment

Yes, sir.

Comment

New to WIWT, but I've enjoyed getting ideas from you gents in the past, so I figured I'd start participating. If nothing else, I like the idea of documenting what I wear for my own benefit. So here goes nothing. Thanks in advance for your comments, if any.

Jacket: Land's End Baird McNutt linen herringbone
                        Shirt: Gap
                        Pants: J.Crew
                        Shoes: Francesco del Piano (goatskin-very soft)
                        Pocket square: Banana Republic
                        Belt: Lacoste (hard to see, but it's striped tan and brown fabric)
                        Watch: Seiko (blue face chrono)

Comment

Road, Bar, Lax, Bar...

Suit - Carlo Lusso (Ironed that lapel after I saw the photo..)
                          Shirt - Lands End - (Digging the horizontal stripes...)
                          Tie - The Tie Bar
                          Tie Bar - The Tie Bar
                          Pocket Square - OTAA Australia
                          Belt - Dockers
                          Shoes - Steve Madden
                          Time - Orient

Comment

So I have noticed a could guys have their ties longer than their belt. Is this because you are wearing higher rise pants? JDI today and Billox usually does it. Could be a trad thing I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                              So I have noticed a could guys have their ties longer than their belt. Is this because you are wearing higher rise pants? JDI today and Billox usually does it. Could be a trad thing I suppose.
                              HAHA, no high rise here.....Mine is at belt line for sure, when I reached down to get that shot the tie end dipped down...I live by the mid to above rule always!!!

Here's the proof!

https://vimeo.com/125262716
                              Last edited by JDI; April 17, 2015, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Casual Friday... Bonobos jacket, BB shirt, Stafford tie, Levi's jeans, LE belt, Wolverine boots, Hamilton watch.
                                Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X