• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hat: J Crew panama hat
    Shirt: gray gingham seersucker buttondown
    Sweater: Bonobos gray merino cardigan
    Pants: J Crew light gray summerweight chinos
    Belt: Gap blue stripe web belt (barely visible)
    Shoes: blue Converse All-Stars

Went to the local fair with my sister and her brood. When I left the house the weather was threatening to either get really overcast and breezy or else clear up and get hot, hence the layering in case of the former and the hat in case of the latter. It decided to do the former, which was perfect, because it meant I didn't have to take off my sweater and then lug it around all day. Wound up splitting off with my bro-in-law's kids so I could take them to go on the big-kid rides instead of waiting around while my bio-niece and bio-nephew went on the little-kid ones.

Comment

Pants I would like to have some copies made.
      Jacket: Boss Black
      Shirt: MTM
      Tie: Bruce Field
      Pants: BR Factory
      Shoes: Bexley of Paris

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        Pants I would like to have some copies made.
        Jacket: Boss Black
        Shirt: MTM
        Tie: Bruce Field
        Pants: BR Factory
        Shoes: Bexley of Paris

Very sharp all around.

Comment

Nothing special today, white OCBD and jeans, but digging the new 2+ Italian Blue Suedes. Tag Grand Carrera w/Grey eBay band.

Comment

Office day....

Shirt - BR
            Denim Jacket - Old Navy
            Pants - Gap
            Boots - Deacon - JCP
            Belt - Dockers
            Time - Timex

Comment

Brooks Brothers Shetland wool three-two roll sack tweed, Brooks Brothers blue university stripe oxford, Ferrell Reed for Reichardt's of Des Moines necktie, O'Connell's surcingle belt, Lands' End chinos, Clarks Originals grey suede desert boots. Unseen: Wigens green "lite felt" hat, Timex Field Expedition timepiece on a navy/yellow/red NATO strap.
              Last edited by Billox; April 14, 2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Usual Weds NJ Power Lunch....haha

Suit - Carlo Russo
                Tie - The Tie Bar
                Pocket Square - The Tie Bar
                Tie Bar -eBay
                Belt - Dockers
                Shirt - Calvin Klein Steel
                Shoes - John White London
                Timex - Amazon

Comment

One of my spring/summer sport coat (or blazer, whatever you call it here) offerings:

Comment

^ What's the material on that sport blazer coat jacket? Looks like a fairly loose weave; is it pretty breathable?

Comment

It's a silk-linen weave. Very breathable, very light, although the weave is not loose, really. The silk blend keeps it from wrinkling like ordinary linen, and adds just a bit more heft. It's partially lined.

By Orvis, made in USA.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the suede shoes and cuffed pants combo. I would not be able to pull it off.

Comment

Sure, you would! Have you tried? It's kind of funny--I don't even give a thought to the fact that I'm wearing cuffs. It would be like thinking about why my pants have a zipper.

Those are my GH Bass dirty bucks, by the way. A great sure for warmer weather outfits.

Comment

Originally posted by Billox View Post
                            Sure, you would! Have you tried?
                            I have recently gotten two pair of chinos cuffed to try out. I am a big fan and find myself checking the rest of my pants for how much material I would have available for cuffs. I'm not quite as "trad" as you but I do enjoy the look. Do you go with no break with your cuffed pants? I thought about that, but I think it may not look right with my pants with slightly smaller leg openings (around 16 inches circumference)

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                              I have recently gotten two pair of chinos cuffed to try out. I am a big fan and find myself checking the rest of my pants for how much material I would have available for cuffs. I'm not quite as "trad" as you but I do enjoy the look. Do you go with no break with your cuffed pants? I thought about that, but I think it may not look right with my pants with slightly smaller leg openings (around 16 inches circumference)
                              Yes, no break or very little break, at least. It's a bit tricky, though. I like the pants to touch the top of the shoe but not much longer.

Comment

Wasn't sure about these loafers with the outfit. The contrast stitching makes then lean casual IMO. Figured I would give them a shot. First time wearing this seersucker shirt. really comfy.

Comment

Working...
                                X