Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! ^ I'm wearing those exact shoes right now. Spring has sprung!

Ben

Comment

@Acousticfoodie: Thanks! I've always been weary of tan/brown/taupe suits, but the opportunity presented itself so I figured it was a mistake that I could afford to make if I got it wrong. I'm glad I picked it up, though.

The weave is a bit rough, but it's half-lined across the back and unlined in the legs so it's still suitable for spring. I don't think it'll last me into the summer, though. We'll have to see about that...

@Lance: It actually has a dimple, but you can't see it in the pic because the matte finish on the cotton tie soaks it up.

Comment

BTW, Acoustic, I really like those shoes. It took me a little while to warm up to the concept of suede wingtips, but now I really want a pair.

Comment

@Lance - no worries! I appreciate constructive criticism and always encourage it. Best way of learning.

@BenR - haha yea, how is your pair holding up?

@Alan - Thanks! They were on sale for under 60 from amazon awhile ago I believe. And yes I am using the bue/white check hankie lol. Blue and white check is ok or not? All blue would be bad as LAnce points out.

Comment

@Lance: If Acoustic is using the hankie set I think he's using, I'd bet he's actually using the same pocket square I have on today (if you check my pic above). It's just that as that distance and resolution, it happens to match his tie by coincidence. In actuallity, it's blue/white checkered.

Comment

@Alan - Nice suit, hard to believe that was a thrift.

@Acoustic- Lookin good, man. I really like the light blue tie/navy blazer combo, and i love the shoes.

Comment

Nice shoes foodie, what brand/style are they?

It's raining in the SF Bay Area today.

Comment

@Jordan - thanks!

@ nftmlk: They were featured last year on dappered: http://dappered.com/2011/04/spring-s...urphy-brennan/ If you wait until spring is over you can get them for around 60 bucks potentially like last season from amazon.

Comment

@acoustic and anyone else interested, those J&M Brennan's hold up quite well over time. Mine are only a year old, but have seen a lot of wear and are going strong. Also, super comfortable.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Or right here if you happen to be an 8.5: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnston-Mur...261#vi-content

Comment

^ $50, good deal! too bad I'm not an 8.5

Comment

Hah, I'm an 8.5! If they're true to size I'd consider it, but the listing says one is lighter than the other...can you darken suede?

Comment

Gloomy weather today.

Comment

@acoustic What jacket is that? No Merona blazer today?

Comment

@Mathis: No merona Blazer today....but instead converse for target jacket!

Comment

Working...
                                X