Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Alan - how come you would need help "slimming" when you fit so perfectly in slim fit blazers and shirts without tailoring ;-) !

Comment

• @Alan - I actually like having broad shoulders and a broader chest. I think it looks good in a suit.

Comment

• Had a company picnic this weekend, and it was warm so I decided to brighten it up a bit. Still keeping it simple though.

Shirt: LEC

Pants: Dockers

Watch: Timex w/J.Crew strap

Sunglasses(not shown): Ray-Ban New Wayfarer in Tortoise

No break in pants

Shoes: Sperry Chukka (looks black in picture, but are a chocolate brown)

Comment

• Feeling colorful today.

Suit: H&M 2-button ticket button

Tie: sale purchase at Barney's in Chicago 8 years ago

Shirt: Deo Veritas, custom measurements with blue and white gingham cloth on the inside of sleeves and collars

Lapel flower: red, blue, green, yellow knots from eBay

Ring: Cartier

Watch: Citizen Eco-Drive

Cufflinks: Paul Frederick

Pocket square: tiebar.com (decided not to wear it - too much)

Shoes: To Boot New York double monks (about as square as I will get)

Socks: Duchamp, CladMen fire sale

Comment

• Nice, Lance.

Ryan - bravo!

Comment

• @Ryan, geez I thought I was colorful. That coat looks like it fits perfect. Makes me wish there was an H&M somewhere near me.

Comment

• like that lapel knot flower. i "knotted" my lapel today as well.

My cocktail videos >

Comment

• Looking good Ryan! Did make any alterations to that suit or does it fit like that off the rack?

Comment

• @Lance - nice laces!

@tdig - would like to see the knotted lapel you put together today

@nftmlk - the suit fit like this off the rack until I lost 10 pounds. I took it to my tailor and he made the alterations to tighten it up in the chest and mid-section. It now fits better than ever!

Comment

• @ryan got so warm today i left my jacket in the office this morning. ill try to snap a pic tomorrow

My cocktail videos >

Comment

• Trying out the new suit, fresh from the cleaners yesterday.

Shirt: Roundtree & York - pinpoint button down collar

Tie: Roundtree & York - 100% cotton plaid

Suit: Hart Schaffner Marx (thrifted)

Shoes: Poulsen, Skone & Co wingtips

The tie is slightly darker in person. It's not quite as bright as the pic indicates.

Comment

• Very nice @Alan!

The suit fits well... I love the tie! The whole thing comes together well.

My one quibble would be not seeing shirt cuff below your coat sleeves. Are they a bit too long?

Comment

• Thanks! As for the cuffs, I can't explain the pic. They poke through about a quarter inch when both my arms are at rest. They could poke through just a tad further, but it's a minor thing.

The inner lining of the cuff on the left arm is loose so I can kill two birds with one stone if I have them brought up a bit more. I can tell that the arms have been previously altered to make them shorter, but that should have no impact on bringing them in further.

Comment

• @Lace - very nice casual look!

@Ryan - you've been a very nice addition to these forums and that fit shows why!

@Alan - Love the fit and softer colors. I think those tones really complement you

Sporting the Merona Blazer that gets no love here again:

Comment

• @Alan - Nice color suit and choices with everything. Ever think of putting a dimple in your tie? It's a pet peeve of mine that's why I ask.

@Acoustic - Clean look and I like the blazer. It seems to fit well for the price. Think of maybe not matching the tie and pocket square. I think a crisp white square would look better here. Just a little constructive criticism.

Comment

Working...
                                X