This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Trying new things with patterns and shirts. I love the feedback as it helps me continue to learn what really works other than solids. I think today was a miss...

Jacket: Bruce Field
    Tie: Canali
    Shirt: ?

Striped or dotted tie would have been better choice, key is not to repeat the geometry of the tie and jacket, i.e. too many squares....

Striped or dotted tie would have been better choice, key is not to repeat the geometry of the tie and jacket, i.e. too many squares....

Comment

Nice fits JDI and Billox. Billox has some very trad fits.

Also thanks for the suggestion JDI. My striped and dotted ties are both blue in base color and I am trying to stay away from blue shirt, blue tie.

Comment

This is a fantastic combination of patterns and colors. Well done, JBarwick! Kudos on the tie dimple, as well.

Trying new things with patterns and shirts. I love the feedback as it helps me continue to learn what really works other than solids. I think today was a miss...

Comment

Really handsome rig, JDI, tie to toe! Love the color and weave of that jacket. Really like how the band dresses up your timepiece.

Originally posted by JDI View Post
          Workin' too hard....

Jacket - Michael Kors
          Pocket Square - eBay
          Shirt - Neiman Marcus
          Tie - The Tie Bar
          Tie Bar - eBay
          Belt - Maker and Co.
          Pants - BR
          Shoes - Gordon Rush

Comment

Originally posted by Billox View Post
            Really handsome rig, JDI, tie to toe! Love the color and weave of that jacket. Really like how the band dresses up your timepiece.
            Thanks, back at you, like the traditional look. Tie brings me back to my "YUUT".
            Last edited by JDI; April 8, 2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

It was tweed and paisley day at work! (Not really.) Orvis jacket three-two roll sack tweed (Made in the USA!), Brooks oxford, Robert Talbott necktie, J. Crew belt, Lands' End chinos, LL Bean boots for the walk to work, LL Bean blucher mocs for the workplace.Not shown: Timex field expedition watch on a Nato strap, Wigens green felt hat on my head.

Comment

My Brooks oxfords seem to have lost their roll which is sad. Yours has a beautiful roll still!

Comment

It's a newer one, so maybe that's why. The material softens up with laundering and age, doesn't it. What I've noticed helps though are a couple of things: I iron the bejesus out of the collar, getting it creased right at the seam, and ironing the wrinkles out of the point. I am a little obsessive about it, actually. The other thing: a good, thick necktie knot, and one that is pulled just right, not overly tight but not loose either. I get decent rolls out of the older shirts this way.

Beyond that, I don't fuss with the roll. I more or less let it do what it wants, and just go with whatever turns out to be the natural roll (after all the fussing with the iron and the knot, of course!).
                  Last edited by Billox; April 8, 2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=13455]Billox[/MENTION], I'm pretty sure I've wanted to steal every jacket you've ever posted. Today is no exception. Great ensemble.

Comment

Thank you, sir! If I'm ever burgled, your name will go to the top of my police report.

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                      [MENTION=13455]Billox[/MENTION], I'm pretty sure I've wanted to steal every jacket you've ever posted. Today is no exception. Great ensemble.

Comment

WIWT

Monkey suit day!
                        Suit: SuitSupply
                        Shirt: MTM ($10 in Beijing in 2009!)
                        Tie: Drakes

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] good stuff. I like the tie and Shirt pattern combo.

Comment

Ya I think with that pattern of coat I would stick with solid tie

Comment

Monkey suit day!
                              Suit: SuitSupply
                              Shirt: MTM ($10 in Beijing in 2009!)
                              Tie: Drakes

I like this one much better

Comment

Rainy office day. Digging my new Stans....

Jacket - Waxed Cotton - Stafford - JCP
                                Sweater - BR
                                Shirt - Lands End Canvas
                                Jeans - Rock and Republic
                                Sneakers - Stan Smith Adidas Blue
                                Belt - BR
                                Watch - Marina Militare - eBay Asia band

Comment

Working...
                                X