Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I have spent a few hours in this rig, the white in the tie mixed with the white shirt bothers me and could have changed jackets but went with the "Northern Lights" approach to see if it would work. Pants are a darker brown so a navy jacket would have been tough.

Comment

A belated Easter, Passover, and whatever holiday greetings apply to all! This wasn't my Sunday get-up, just what I wore today. Orvis three-two roll weave linen and cotton jacket, Brooks oxford, Southwick tie, J. Crew belt, Lands' End chinos, Bass bucks.

Comment

[MENTION=13455]Billox[/MENTION] really digging the outfit. Recently decided to get a couple pair of chinos cuffed. Haven't worn cuffs in since I was a kid. I pick them up on Wednesday from the seamstress. I think they will go well with the "trad-ish" looks I have been leaning to lately.

Comment

Cuffs are absolutely de riguer for me. I am so accustomed to them that trousers without them just look wrong to me. They add visual and physical weight that helps hold an outfit together, in my view.

Comment

Most of my pants are cuffed these days BUT I do see the merit in leaving a pair of pants uncuffed, it's a much cleaner look. I think I prefer this for my suits, for example (of course material also matters)

Comment

WIWT commuting version

Comment

2 days of rain so just pattern pics for now.
                Tie: Montego
                Jacket: Boss Black in dark navy
                Shirt: ?

Comment

Road day....

Jacket - Izod
                  Shirt - Calvin Klein Steel
                  Slacks - BR Slim Tailored
                  Belt - Dockers
                  Tie and Bar - The Tie Bar
                  Pocket Square - eBay
                  Shoes - Gordon Rush
                  Socks - Kohls
                  Watch - Timex Waterbury

Comment

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] - love the roll on that jacket! [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] - great pairing of 3 patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                      [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] - love the roll on that jacket! [MENTION=13537]JDI[/MENTION] - great pairing of 3 patterns.
                      Purchased the Izod jacket on clearance at Macy's for $29.....$30 to tailor it....$59 all in!

Comment

I concur on both points. Nice stuff here, gentlemen!

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

Comment

I tried to edit the original photo to bring out the true color of the jacket. My phone camera renders it greyish for some reason. Anyway this post is to show the approximate jacket color--everything else is a bit off.

Comment

Details: LL Bean field jacket (vintage Made in the USA version!) over Brooks Brothers camelhair windowpane two-button jacket, Brooks oxford in yellow, Brooks Makers necktie, J.Crew belt, Lands' End stone chinos. Not shown: Clarks Originals dark brown suede desert boots and Timex Easy Reader watch with dark leather band.

The shirt is actually a much deeper, richer yellow than the camera shows, and thus there's more contrast between shirt and trousers than would seem here.

Comment

Trying new things with patterns and shirts. I love the feedback as it helps me continue to learn what really works other than solids. I think today was a miss...

Jacket: Bruce Field
                              Tie: Canali
                              Shirt: ?

Comment

Workin' too hard....

Jacket - Michael Kors
                                Pocket Square - eBay
                                Shirt - Neiman Marcus
                                Tie - The Tie Bar
                                Tie Bar - eBay
                                Belt - Maker and Co.
                                Pants - BR