Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JDI View Post
    Sort of like the Yankees meet the Mets.
    Certainly this makes it a home run.

    Comment


      Fielder's choice.

      Comment


        [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] - nope. [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] - think the pants are a bit too casual for what's up top from what I can tell of them (khaki dress trousers w/ white shirt and charcoal jacket)

        Comment


          Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] - nope. [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] - think the pants are a bit too casual for what's up top from what I can tell of them (khaki dress trousers w/ white shirt and charcoal jacket)
          thanks for the feedback. May be tough to tell but it's a white OCBD with a tweed jacket, pressed chinos, and longwings. I thought it went together but I do see where you are coming from. Charcoal is a formal leaning color.

          Comment


            [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] I'll vote nay. something about the orange and the stripes on stripes together that I don't like.

            Comment


              I know my outfit is the same old stuff I've been posting for the past few months, but I did at least want to show off a couple new things. Pardon the dirty bathroom mirror, by the way.





              BB OCBD (new -- in case the photo makes it hard to tell, it's lavender in color)
              Dickies belt
              Levi's 505s
              PRL argyle socks (also new)
              Sebago Campsides (vintage made in USA)

              To those of you who are tired of seeing me with the same jeans and the same cheap belt, you may remember that I said I'm trying to lose weight and will only get new pants and stuff once I'm down a pants size or 2. Well, I'm happy to report that I'm now able to cinch my belt yet another hole tighter! Without a belt my pants are plenty loose. Heck, I was wearing shorts the other day, and I had to keep my hands in my pockets when I stood or walked so they wouldn't sag (they were cargo shorts -- a belt wouldn't look right with those, IMO)!

              Comment


                Congrats on the weight loss, Mercer. Keep up the great work!!!

                Comment




                  Sweater GAP
                  OCBD JCF
                  Jeans Levis 559
                  Shoes CDB
                  Stain on the OCBD was breakfast, just noticing it now, ha!
                  Last edited by Creature; April 3, 2015, 09:40 AM.

                  Comment


                    solid.

                    Comment


                      [MENTION=13106]Mercer[/MENTION] keep it up!
                      [MENTION=12684]Creature[/MENTION]. I like it, but if you would allow me one minor critique: tuck the shirt in. Looks great.

                      Comment




                        Shirt: J Crew seersucker button-down in blue gingham. Trying my luck with the no-undershirt approach; I sweat, so an undershirt is usually a must, but I seem to be having good luck omitting the undershirt with more breathable fabrics. (I keep a spare undershirt in my desk at work in case I badly miscalculate, ha ha.)

                        Belt: Basic El Cheapo Gap brown leather.

                        Pants: J Crew "Bleecker" summer-weight chino in admiral blue.

                        Socks: Sock Factory multicolored striped (not visible).

                        Shoes: Allen Edmonds brown wingtips.

                        Sorry about the big ol' tablet in the way, it's the best camera I have easy access to.

                        Comment


                          TGIGF.....off to "club" for early happy hour....my son adjusted the filter setting on my iPhone camera back to normal, colors sb good from now on..



                          Sweater - BR
                          Seersucker Shirt - Castaway Nantucket Island
                          Jeans - Levi's 511
                          Belt - James Campbell LA
                          Boots - Kenneth Cole
                          Watch - Marina Militare w/another new eBay band...like this one. I know it doesn't match the boots or belt, but the stitching does.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by hbi2k View Post


                            Shirt: J Crew seersucker button-down in blue gingham. Trying my luck with the no-undershirt approach; I sweat, so an undershirt is usually a must, but I seem to be having good luck omitting the undershirt with more breathable fabrics. (I keep a spare undershirt in my desk at work in case I badly miscalculate, ha ha.)

                            Belt: Basic El Cheapo Gap brown leather.

                            Pants: J Crew "Bleecker" summer-weight chino in admiral blue.

                            Socks: Sock Factory multicolored striped (not visible).

                            Shoes: Allen Edmonds brown wingtips.

                            Sorry about the big ol' tablet in the way, it's the best camera I have easy access to.
                            If you haven't already, I recommend picking up a high-quality, natural, aluminum-free deodorant if you go the undershirtless route. The chemical reaction between aluminum, sweat, and laundry detergent is what causes nasty yellow pit stains. I've been going sans-undershirt using Herban Cowboy natural deodorant for the past several years without developing any pit stains on my shirts.

                            I bring it up since I know avoiding staining shirts is a big reason that a lot of guys prefer to use undershirts.
                            Last edited by LesserBlackDog; April 3, 2015, 01:22 PM.
                            Ben

                            Comment




                              Suit - Graham & Gunn
                              Shirt - BB ESF
                              Watch - Seiko
                              Shoes - J&M
                              Belt - T. Hilfiger

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                If you haven't already, I recommend picking up a high-quality, natural, aluminum-free deodorant if you go the undershirtless route. The chemical reaction between aluminum, sweat, and laundry detergent is what causes nasty yellow pit stains. I've been going sans-undershirt using Herban Cowboy natural deodorant for the past several years without developing any pit stains on my shirts.
                                Antiperspirants never really worked for me, and I have a mild allergic reaction to some of the stronger stuff on the market, so after my shower I cup a little water in my palm, dissolve a sprinkle of baking soda in it, and slap it on my pits before drying off. It kills all the stank bacteria and doesn't cause staining.

                                I might give that Herban Cowboy stuff a shot, though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X