• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office..."tell me why..."

Shirt - J Crew
    Jeans - Levi's 514
    Shoes - +2 Italy
    Socks - It's office day and 60 degrees today, none...
    Watch - Seiko Sport Automatic

Comment

Drinking day.

Blazer - Ralph Lauren
      Pants - Banana Republic Tailored Slim Fit Wool
      Shirt - Paul Frederick
      Tie - The Tie Bar
      Tie Bar - The Tie Bar
      Pocket Square - Ebay
      Shoes - John White - London
      Watch - Orient Bambino

Comment

Feeling sharp today:

Jacket: J Crew Factory
        Shirt: Ratio
        Tie: The Knottery
        Pants: Bonobos
        Pocket square: The Hill Side
        Shoes: Alden

I know some people don't think ties and button-down collars go together, but I like it with this shirt. Also, in light of people giving Bonobos low marks for quality, I'll point out that these pants (which my wife and I have a long-running debate about: are they grey or blue?) are among my favorites - and I've had them for years. I realize that one pair doesn't mean much, but it's a data point. Take it as you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
          Feeling sharp today:

I know some people don't think ties and button-down collars go together, but I like it with this shirt. Also, in light of people giving Bonobos low marks for quality, I'll point out that these pants (which my wife and I have a long-running debate about: are they grey or blue?) are among my favorites - and I've had them for years. I realize that one pair doesn't mean much, but it's a data point. Take it as you will.
          In the overall pic looks like blue blazer, grey pants. In the detail pics, it appears the opposite. Either way, looks good!

Im liking the aldens, I just was at the shoe mart and splurged on some Indus. Are these boots too or shoes?

Comment

Ties and button down collars go fantastic as long as you have some trad collar roll!

Comment

Office and out for quick lunch.

Shirt - Banana Republic
              Tee - Mark Anthony
              Cords - Banana Republic
              Shoes - Banana Republic
              Belt - James Campbell
              Quilted Jacket - H&M (Steal at $39)
              Watch - Marina Militare

The silence is deafening here.

Comment

Originally posted by Creature View Post
                In the overall pic looks like blue blazer, grey pants. In the detail pics, it appears the opposite. Either way, looks good!

Im liking the aldens, I just was at the shoe mart and splurged on some Indus. Are these boots too or shoes?
                Thanks. They are shoes - cigar longwing bluchers, to be more specific. I really love these things - especially since I had rubber sole protectors and metal toe taps put on, so I don't have to baby them too much.

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                Ties and button down collars go fantastic as long as you have some trad collar roll!
                These default Ratio button down collars do a decent job with that. However, I have discovered since ordering this one that you can ask for an "unlined long roll button down" collar for a real, legit trad look. I've ordered a chambray shirt and an oxford with that collar and they are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
                  Drinking day.

Blazer - Ralph Lauren
                  Pants - Banana Republic Tailored Slim Fit Wool
                  Shirt - Paul Frederick
                  Tie - The Tie Bar
                  Tie Bar - The Tie Bar
                  Pocket Square - Ebay
                  Shoes - John White - London
                  Watch - Orient Bambino
                  where do you work that your drinking day is way more formal than your office?

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                    Haha. After work, St.Patrick's day.....

Comment

Originally posted by JDI View Post
                      Haha. After work, St.Patrick's day.....

Madmen, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        Feeling sharp today:

Great look, Shomas. I think lighter grey (lighter blue? nah.) would make it even greater. And my brain says "too much blue" with the jacket, square, and tie, but my eyes like what they see.

Comment

Also, IMHO ties with button-down collars work best in an outfit with some texture. You've got that, so I say well done!

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
                            Great look, Shomas. I think lighter grey (lighter blue? nah.) would make it even greater. And my brain says "too much blue" with the jacket, square, and tie, but my eyes like what they see.
                            Thanks. I hear you on the "too much blue" point, but that's a move I've learned to like (which is a good thing, since I've got a stupid amount of clothing in various shades of blue).

Also, you're right that more contrast would make this look even better. It's a good excuse to give this one another go!

Comment

Originally posted by Manceptional View Post
                              I work out of home office. Usually dressed up when out and about. Put the kickers on for collections....

Comment

Walnut AE Daltons with some new flat laces. Small change but makes me love the boots more.

Comment

Working...
                                X