• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION].

Very sharp look all around.
    Shoes look solid.

Comment

Hard to get a good shirt and tie combo with this jacket.
      Jacket: Vintage Hickey Freeman
      Shirt: Brooks Brothers
      Tie: Lands End

Comment

JBarwick -- I think you succeeded. But IMHO a little more texture in the tie (maybe a loose-knit grenadine) would make the whole thing next level.
        Last edited by vespertiliovir; March 2, 2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Nonewithstanding my personal distaste for button down collars w/ ties....I think your color scheme looks very good.

Comment

[MENTION=9652]vespertiliovir[/MENTION] - I do not have any grenadine ties but want to add some. Depending on the next remodeling bill I may buy a few.
            [MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION] - I understand the dislike for the look and I am still on the fence. Someday's I think it works and other times I think it is garbage

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
              Nonewithstanding my personal distaste for button down collars w/ ties....I think your color scheme looks very good.
              I think if the tie leans casual it looks fine. I probably wouldn't try a nice silk with one, but a casual stripe, knit, or wool with some texture I think looks good- especially when the collar is nice and strong like in the BB shirt [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] is wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                [MENTION=9190]Pepetito[/MENTION] - I understand the dislike for the look and I am still on the fence. Someday's I think it works and other times I think it is garbage
                I'm coming around to button-down-and-tie myself, and agree with [MENTION=12707]DapperTexan[/MENTION] that the look is better found in a more casual ensemble. I also think you pulled it off quite well, [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                  I think if the tie leans casual it looks fine. I probably wouldn't try a nice silk with one, but a casual stripe, knit, or wool with some texture I think looks good- especially when the collar is nice and strong like in the BB shirt [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] is wearing.
                  I agree with this totally. Also, if you're in the market for a grenadine tie, I would suggest that you check out Chipp first (http://www.chippneckwear.com/italian-grenadine/). They have them in a ton of colors and the prices are pretty good for the quality.

Comment

Long time lurker, first time WAYWT poster. Hoping I'm headed in the right direction here.

http://imgur.com/a/77Ow5

Uniqlo
                    Charles Tyrwhitt
                    Kent Wang
                    Jcrew

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
                      [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION].

Very sharp look all around.
                      Shoes look solid.
                      Thanks! I have been drawn to longwings lately. I used to think they were hideous but I have changed my tune. When I saw this pair in great condition on ebay last week I had to pounce. The lack of a medallion really sold me. I'm not sure how rare that really is but I haven't seen it much.

Comment

Great first post, [MENTION=12764]Devon[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by zcm View Post
                          Just got these shoes from eBay and couldn't wait to take then out for a spin.

Jacket and Tie: BB
                          Shirt: Ratio
                          Pants: BR
                          Shoes: AE Richmond Longwings
                          I like the look, it's polished and that tie is the definition of how you do brass button blazer, IMO. Maybe just me, but I'm not a fan of the gray pocket square here. I think it is just the tie and shirt combo doesn't work with a gray square in my mind. I think a plain white or tipped square might have looked better. But there aren't really many rules for pocket squares, just my preference I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperTexan View Post
                            Maybe just me, but I'm not a fan of the gray pocket square here. I think it is just the tie and shirt combo doesn't work with a gray square in my mind.
                            I also don't love the pocket square. I don't think it works with the shirt/tie, and I think it ends up looking a little too matchy-matchy with the pants. Overall, though, great look!

Comment

Originally posted by Devon View Post
                              Long time lurker, first time WAYWT poster. Hoping I'm headed in the right direction here.

http://imgur.com/a/77Ow5

Uniqlo
                              Charles Tyrwhitt
                              Kent Wang
                              Jcrew
                              Everything fits well but the gray on gray is bothering me slightly. Maybe far away it looks great but the angle leaves me not being a huge fan.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                                Everything fits well but the gray on gray is bothering me slightly. Maybe far away it looks great but the angle leaves me not being a huge fan.
                                Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure if it's the light in the closet, but I think the color is washed out in the picture. The blazer is supposed to be brown (it's the brown herringbone from Uniqlo that Joe posted some time ago). Maybe it's best to not pair it with grey in general to avoid that issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X