Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not presumptuous at all. Looks like a great trad ensemble. Do you have any more pics, so we can see how everything comes together?

Comment

No, just a quick snap today. And thank you!

Unfortunately I'm limited to just a phone camera these days, and it's a little awkward to take selfies sometimes. For the record, what's unseen are plain-front Lands' End soapstone dress twills (cuffed), a plain brown J. Crew dark brown leather belt, chocolate brown suede Clarks Originals desert boots, and my trusty Wigens green felt winter hat (fedora style). I'll try to be more encompassing in the future.

Comment

Friday Suit day. I wasnt sure about the shirt with this suit but meh I ended up going with it anyway.
        Also, before anyone gets on my case about the buttoned all the way up without a tie thing, I like the aesthetic alot with suits of a heavier and more pronounced texture and fabric. Also the top buttoned gets done only if the shirt will be tucked in. It seems like something an old man would do, I like that.

http://imgur.com/nc80GZW,qwY9fPO,Kr46TOf,TwhM31C#0

Suit: JFC Houndstooth Wool
        Shirt: Frank and oak Flannel
        Shoes: AE
        Belt: Amazon

P.s. sorry if the pictures are a little bad, we have terrible lighting in my apartment.

Comment

Originally posted by Billox View Post
          Hello! I hope I am not being too presumptuous to make this my first post. Some very fine rigs in these pages, and I hope I pass the audition. Overcoat is a Balmacaan from the 50s, jacket is a vintage-y Brooks three-two roll tweedy sack, shirt is a Brooks oxford university stripe, and tie is from a trip I made with a favorite uncle in 1968 to the Princeton English Shop.

I absolutely love this, the texturing is wonderful and classic. Spot on good friend.

Comment

Thanks, use! Another shot of my favorite overcoat in action. But what I'm excited about wearing this Sunday morning is my much-loved (by me) old Huntington 3-2 sack blazer in green flannel! Love this thing because you don't see many green blazers out there. And it's warm! Not for Sunday-go-to-meeting but rather Sunday-go-to-my-dad's-assisted-living-place. His fellow residents seem to enjoy seeing us young-uns arrive a little dressed up. Tie is by Lands' End.

Comment

J Crew Shawl Neck Cashmere Cardigan with blue nautical stripes
              CT Blue Sky dobby gingham check (really cool pattern on this)
              Uniqlo Dark Indigo Selvedge
              Custom Leather belt in British medium brown (really matches the chili well although the chili is darker)
              AE Bleeckers in Chili

pics if I remember when I get home

Comment

Trying to stay warm on the prairie. Brooks jacket, Jantzen lambswool sweater vest, Brooks shirt, PRL teddy bear tie. Not shown: Lands' End cuffed chinos and Clarks brown suede dessies.

Comment

Must show off the PRL necktie to better effect!

Comment

Hi guys, newbie here.

It's been a week or two since I started browsing the Dappered site and I figured to join this board.

Here's to getting lots of style ideas and trends from you guys.

Let me show you what I wore from the past months:

Shirt: Light blue by H&M
                    Tie: George by WalMart
                    Tie bar: Simon's
                    Pants: Chancellor
                    Belt: Kenneth Cole
                    Socks: F21
                    Shoes: Vero Cuoio
                    Watch: Fossil

Shirt: red/blk/white check by H&M
                    Sweater: H&M
                    Trench coat: F21

Shirt: Gap
                    Sweater: American Eagle
                    Tie: Walmart
                    Pants: Slim fit chinos, Gap
                    Socks: AE

That's all for now
                    5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Originally posted by AsianDapper View Post
                      Hi guys, newbie here.

It's been a week or two since I started browsing the Dappered site and I figured to join this board.

Here's to getting lots of style ideas and trends from you guys.

Let me show you what I wore from the past months:

Shirt: Light blue by H&M
                      Tie: George by WalMart
                      Tie bar: Simon's
                      Pants: Chancellor
                      Belt: Kenneth Cole
                      Socks: F21
                      Watch: Fossil

Shirt: red/blk/white check by H&M
                      Sweater: H&M
                      Trench coat: F21

Shirt: Gap
                      Sweater: American Eagle
                      Tie: Walmart
                      Pants: Slim fit chinos, Gap
                      Socks: AE

That's all for now
                      What sport coat is your first picture?

Comment

Originally posted by ninpb View Post
                        What sport coat is your first picture?
                        It is from H&M I bought last Fall 2013 for about $80.
                        Nothing special really.
                        Size is 38R.
                        5' 6" | 143 lbs | 29x30 pants | 36S jacket | 14.5 shirt | 8 shoe size

Comment

Well, sometimes Mrs. B wins. She wants dinner out tonight and she didn't care for my yellow sweater vest. Presto, change-o. Same jacket, same shirt. Different sweater vest, one from my friends at Lands End, and a different tie, this one from my friends at Brooks.

Comment

Figured I'd make my inaugural post in this thread today. Pretty simple outfit today.

unstructured sportcoat - Gap
                            White Oxford - JCF
                            Knit Tie - JCF
                            Belt - JCF
                            Skinny Selvedge Raw Denim - Gap (love these, third pair)
                            Boots - Jcrew x Red Wing Iron Rangers (Still pretty slushy out here)

Comment

this is my "Hmmm..." pose. Pendleton wool sweater over an Orvis tattersall bd. Glasses by Oliver Peoples. Pen by Bic.

Comment

[MENTION=13455]Billox[/MENTION] -- For the love of god, man, give us a full fit shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X