This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Useknifeonly View Post
    Ill admit, Im only posting this as a send off to these pants, My favorite winter/fall pair, they will be missed for the next 6 months or so. (on a side note they came as part of a suit, which I also loved wearing.)
    http://imgur.com/BSlL3Ui,JCRNOPZ#1
    http://imgur.com/BSlL3Ui,JCRNOPZ#0
    Pants: Jcrew Factory
    Shirt: Old Navy
    Shoes: thrifted
    Belt: Dockers
    I don't know where you live, but I am extremely jealous that your winter is already over. Tweed looks great with the shirt, btw, love the contrast.

Comment

Today I was in textured greyscale (and mostly JCrew):

Jacket: BR grey tweed
      Sweater: JCrew black merino
      Shirt: JCrew white Thomas Mason
      Pants: JCrew charcoal flannel Bowery
      Tie: JCrew grey wool herringbone
      Shoes: Meermin black adelaide
      There is more contrast in the shades (and textures) than the above photos would indicate. Here's a more detailed shot:
      Last edited by Jamie; February 13, 2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepetito View Post
        [MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION]- Looks sharp though I would personally lose the sweater.
        Thanks, but I've been wearing layers at least as much for function as for appearance lately - waiting for mass transit in the pre-dawn cold calls for layers. But I do think the lighter sweater highlights the windowpane pattern in the suit nicely.

Originally posted by Useknifeonly View Post
        Ill admit, Im only posting this as a send off to these pants, My favorite winter/fall pair, they will be missed for the next 6 months or so. (on a side note they came as part of a suit, which I also loved wearing.)
        http://imgur.com/BSlL3Ui,JCRNOPZ#1
        http://imgur.com/BSlL3Ui,JCRNOPZ#0
        Pants: Jcrew Factory
        Shirt: Old Navy
        Shoes: thrifted
        Belt: Dockers
        [MENTION=12090]Useknifeonly[/MENTION] nice look, is that the JCR tweed suit from this past F/W season?

Comment

Wednesday
          Shirt: CT Slim Fit Non-Iron Twill Puppytooth (Sky) -- just noticed they now have my size (15.5/37) in Extra Slim Fit, which wasn't the case a few months ago
          Sweater: Banana Republic Merino V-neck (Deep Moss)
          Watch: Orient Bambino
          Jeans: American Eagle Slim Fit Raw Selvedge
          Boots: JCP Stafford Deacons

Friday - will also be my challenge entry
          Shirt: CT Slim Fit Pennington Easy to Iron Poplin (Pink)
          Sweater: GAP Cotton Cashmere Shawl Cardigan (Medium Grey Heather)
          Watch: Orient Bambino
          Jean: AE Slim Fit Raw Selvedge
          Chukkas: CT Trinity Chukka (Brown Suede)

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
            Thanks, but I've been wearing layers at least as much for function as for appearance lately - waiting for mass transit in the pre-dawn cold calls for layers. But I do think the lighter sweater highlights the windowpane pattern in the suit nicely.

[MENTION=12090]Useknifeonly[/MENTION] nice look, is that the JCR tweed suit from this past F/W season?
            Yep, I ended up getting this one and the one in hounds tooth on a sale. It was a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by vespertiliovir View Post
              I don't know where you live, but I am extremely jealous that your winter is already over. Tweed looks great with the shirt, btw, love the contrast.
              Ha, thanks, truth be told, Im a winter person (i love me some textured, tweedy, woolen goodness), so Im really bummed. In its just been unusually warm for the season this year and it doesnt look like ittl be getting cold again for a while.. Utah...her weather is a fickle fickle mistress.

Comment

Outfit from last week...
                Sweater: JCF lambswool shawl collar
                Shirt: Van Heusen
                Tie: Tommy Hilfiger Corduroy
                Pants: BR Aidens
                Boots: Steve Madden Chukka

So mad I forgot a watch...

Comment

Today I was in textured greyscale (and mostly JCrew):

Jacket: BR grey tweed
                  Sweater: JCrew black merino
                  Shirt: JCrew white Thomas Mason
                  Pants: JCrew charcoal flannel Bowery
                  Tie: JCrew grey wool herringbone
                  Shoes: Meermin black adelaide
                  There is more contrast in the shades (and textures) than the above photos would indicate. Here's a more detailed shot:
                  I'm really liking that jacket/tie combo. What kind of knot is that? It may be my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks like there's something intricate going on near the top in the close up picture.

Comment

Originally posted by madmanSCDP View Post
                    I'm really liking that jacket/tie combo. What kind of knot is that? It may be my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks like there's something intricate going on near the top in the close up picture.
                    Its a double four-in-hand. Its a longer tie, so I need to use either a double FIH or a half windsor.

Comment

Its a double four-in-hand. Its a longer tie, so I need to use either a double FIH or a half windsor.
                      Is the double FiH the same as a Victoria?

Comment

Originally posted by ryn View Post
                        Is the double FiH the same as a Victoria?
                        Yes and no - its also known as a Prince Albert. They both loop twice, rather than once like for a four-in-hand, however I think the Victoria does not pass through both of the front loops, whereas the Double FIH and Prince Albert do. Not sure if that is accurate though...

Comment

Yes and no - its also known as a Prince Albert.
                          Since there's an alternative, I would suggest using any name other than "Prince Albert," since that term is more commonly used in connection with a different men's accessory that has considerably more limited social acceptance than the necktie.

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
                            Since there's an alternative, I would suggest using any name other than "Prince Albert," since that term is more commonly used in connection with a different men's accessory that has considerably more limited social acceptance than the necktie.
                            Lulz. Subtly-stated.

Comment

Shirt socks and pants: JCF
                              Shoes: Stafford
                              Tie: CK
                              Blazer: Thrifted no brand
                              Watch: Weekender

Comment

Hello! I hope I am not being too presumptuous to make this my first post. Some very fine rigs in these pages, and I hope I pass the audition. Overcoat is a Balmacaan from the 50s, jacket is a vintage-y Brooks three-two roll tweedy sack, shirt is a Brooks oxford university stripe, and tie is from a trip I made with a favorite uncle in 1968 to the Princeton English Shop.

Last edited by Billox; February 19, 2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X