Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] - thanks, and I agree 100% about the LE Fulton loafer - its got a great shape, and is an amazing value under $100! I ended up sizing down half a size from 9.5 to 9, and it seems to have worked out well. I had picked up the tan one last year in my regular size but had to return it as it was too big, and it was never available in the size I needed!
    [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], I have often admired the LBM jackets, but this is the first I bought - as [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] mentioned, I got it from Yoox for just over $150! Great, now there's going to be more competition for the already limited selection in my size... The tie does have a lot of texture from the loose weave, its another recent addition to the collection (courtesy of eBay) - supposedly made for Flusser by Nicky of Milan, Italy.
    [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] - Its a great jacket and I feel I got a great deal on it. The blend is 60/40 cashmere/poly and it has a flannel texture and appearance but with a loose weave that gives it more character. Its unlined, but I doubt I would be able to wear it in DC summers. I am usually between a 38 and 40 for jackets depending on brand (38 Napoli/40 Ludlow) - I ordered this in 40 and its pretty spot on throughout (could prob shorten the sleeves 1/4"). But I ordered some other jackets from Mantova in size 40, as well as another 2-button LBM, and they were a little big in the chest and shoulders - too bad because they were pretty amazing jackets.

Comment

Bought the jacket in Paris for 130 Euros. I knew it was shorter which is a European trait but now I see the jacket is creating a slight X. I can live with that. Also my right shoulder has a slight divot which I attribute to different widths from my neck to the end of my shoulder. Happens on a lot of jackets.

Jacket and Shirt: Bruce Field
      Tie: Drake's
      Pants: BR
      Shoes: Bexley

Comment

[MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] I like that shirt. Also your jacket does the same thing my Ludlow fit does and someone mentioned it makes the body looked pear shaped. Now I don't want to wear the jacket...

Comment

Is that a Stafford jacket? Or is it the St Johns Bay Baracuta from last spring?
          Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          Recent:

Stafford!, Uniqlo, Tellason, Allen Edmonds

I'm really starting to like this look on casual days.
          Really liking that jacket, JBarwick. Can I bother you for a close up on the pattern? Houndstooth? Also that X is not bad, and any decent tailor could let that out without much issue.
          Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
          Bought the jacket in Paris for 130 Euros. I knew it was shorter which is a European trait but now I see the jacket is creating a slight X. I can live with that. Also my right shoulder has a slight divot which I attribute to different widths from my neck to the end of my shoulder. Happens on a lot of jackets.

Comment

[MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION] Let's see if this works from their website. It is more check than houndstooth with red/orange/blue/green mixed in. It is hard to see the difference in the blue and green but it is there. Also after feeling the jacket over and wondering how they use Loro Piana Super 120's in a 130 Euro jacket, I am pretty sure it is fused. I find it interesting the company takes a great fabric and makes a fused jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post

It is a great jacket. And both the "x" and the shoulder divot are super subtle. I wouldn't worry about them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
                [MENTION=3269]Shomas[/MENTION], I have often admired the LBM jackets, but this is the first I bought - as [MENTION=2492]LosRockets[/MENTION] mentioned, I got it from Yoox for just over $150! Great, now there's going to be more competition for the already limited selection in my size...
                Of the 2 LBM jackets I have, I got one from Yoox and one very much on sale from Haberdash. I'm also between a 38 and a 40. One of my LBM's is a 38 and it fits very closely - not too tight, but it's not something to wear to a heavy meal. The other one is a 40 and it fits well, though the shoulders are a tiny bit big and the sleeves a little long. The big shoulders are less obvious than on other jackets due to the overall lack of structure and I can have the sleeves shortened a little (despite the functional buttons - there's actually a couple of inches between the first sleeve button and the end of the sleeve).

Comment

Sorry, you're right [MENTION=8564]zcm[/MENTION]. It's SJB.
                  [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] looks great! Yeah that's why I have this jacket listed for sale, I'm not sold on the shape. I think it happens when you take in the waist top much on something with soft shoulders and little chest structure.
                  And that's good sizing advice for people re LBM et al. I often have to size up in Italian brands as well

Comment

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] looks great! Yeah that's why I have this jacket listed for sale, I'm not sold on the shape. I think it happens when you take in the waist top much on something with soft shoulders and little chest structure.
                    I have a similar issue with my Ludlows and even a couple JCF thompson Blazers. My tailor told me she thinks it has to do with the lower button stance and my slightly higher waist. I usually just accept it because I always buy on deep discount and it's not that noticeable, but the slight flaring and X-ing on a jacket that otherwise fits like a glove is a little irritating.

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION] - I was considering that very jacket earlier today. Thoughts on the blend?

Lands End x2, JCrew, Hertling, Allen Edmonds

Stafford!, Uniqlo, Tellason, Allen Edmonds
                      So, I'm including some close-ups of the fabric so you can see the weave and texture. Its a lightweight jacket, and feels more like a cardigan when worn - but because of the flannel texture is still warm. I also included a pic of it back-lighted so you can see that its loosely woven and not a thick or heavy material.

Also, which AE shoes are you wearing in the two WIWT pics you posted? Both good looks!

Comment

[MENTION=8057]Jamie[/MENTION] - wow that texture is really something, it almost looks like a really loose linen. I was super wary of the amount of poly in the blend but way to go taking a chance on it because it's a very nice pick up.

The shoes: Pebble grain AE Eagle County GMTO and brogue suede AE Malvern - they are, respectively, my most recent and my first pairs of AE! Really couldn't be happier w/ how my GMTO turned out - love these boots:

Comment

Don't mind the gym equipment in the background. My work gym was empty when I took the picture. First picture I've shared here. Feeling colorful today.

Pants: J Crew
                          Shirt: Banana
                          Sweater: Bonobos Merino Wool
                          Belt: Magnanni
                          Watch: Burberry
                          Gym Equipment: Life Fitness

Comment

WIWT

Traveling for work. My outfit for the past 3 days.

Day 1: Dark Grey SuitSupply, CT blue dress shirt, Nordstrom rack tie, AE fifth Ave

Day 2: Indochino Gray Suit, J.crew factory dress shirt, Polk dot purple tie

Day 3: forgot to take a pic this day. SuitSupply again with gingham black shirt from Indochino, and Navy tie from tiebar

Day 4 (casual day): Indochino suit, BR gingham blue shirt, no tie
                            Last edited by 93millionmilesaway; February 6, 2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Hard to tell for sure, but Day 1 looks to be my favorite by far.

Comment

That purple tie is loud but I like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X